Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello all,
I’ve been a long-time visitor and have gained a ton of knowledge from the members on this site (and the great video content on YouTube!).
My name is Tony (Team4M) from the Tampa Bay Area and although free time is rare, I love to spend it outdoors.

I’m constantly evolving my rig (2016 Tundra) to meet the needs of our family.
As she sits today;
- Bilstein 6112/5160 suspension
- 34.8” Ridge Grapplers
- basic recovery gear, comms, & goodies

On order
- CBI overland bars
- Smittybuilt Overlander RTT

Future plans
- 18” Method or Fuel wheels
- 35x12.5’s
- Steel bumper & winch
- sliders & armor
- a whole bunch of cool stuff I’ll find here..

I got into overlanding because I spent a lot of time backpacking and always enjoyed going “a little farther out” and have always admired old land cruisers. Two summers ago, I rented a fully kitted out 4Runner and spent 5 days in the Colorado backcountry with my oldest son and immediately started shopping for a platform to build on. Since then we’ve done more camping than overlanding but have a few cool adventures on the horizon.
Just got back from a few days on the Georgia traverse and we’re doing a 2-week trek up through Tennessee & Kentucky with Drummond Island Michigan as the final destination. Hoping to get to cape lookout national seashore in the early fall as well.
I hope to learn a bunch and contribute what I can to this great community. Thanks all!
T
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

Reactions: Kent R

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello everyone! My wife and I have been exploring before Overlanding was a thing were both military veterans. We’re getting more into the “less traveled” exploration in the US. We have a 2000 Ford Ranger and a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. We are currently in Utah- about an hour south of Salt Lake City. I’ll try to attach a couple photos. We are excited to explore this beautiful planet we all share.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello everyone, David here from Port Saint Lucie, FL area. I drive a 2008 Chevy Tahoe Z71 that is mostly stock for now. New to overlanding but not to the outdoors and camping. Looking forward to meeting people and sharing adventures and finding advice. Tks!

DMASE

Rank 0

Contributor I

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Mason
Hi everyone. I am new to overlanding, but have been camping all my life. I grew up in the Nashville area and have travelled some, but haven't been able to see some of the sights, as most of my travel was work related. In 2017, I bought my house, then lost my job in 2019. I went to school and got my class A CDL right before covid hit, so I went back into IT, but jobs were scarce and I took what I could find. I spent the next year underemployed to the tune of a third of my previous income. Finally, in December, I landed my dream job. I now make more than ever before and work remote, but am in transition still. I have a VW Passat and need to pay off some debt and get this house ready to rent, so I can get a suitable vehicle and get out there.

I Plan to buy a pickup truck, but I want a diesel that can tow comfortably. I will want to level it (Carli suspension) and put 37's under it, because I don't want to lose all of its towing capability, but I also don't wanna get stuck or get tossed around like a ragdoll off-road. The truck has to have the payload to be overland capable, if I have to leave the trailer behind. I am currently deciding which black series trailer to pull (HQ19 or 21). Because of the weight, I am looking at the 2021 RAM 3500.

I will be working and living between the truck and trailer full time, so if I can pull it where I wanna go and there is cellular signal there, I could camp for as long as my tanks could carry me during the week, but with the cellular map, it seems I will be taking the truck on some weekend excursions and parking the trailer at an RV park or somewhere I can stay during the week where there is a connection.

Anyway, this is all a work in progress and I change my mind every day, so I may have a completely different plan in 3 months. When I first decided I wanted to do this in January, I was looking at 40 ft. class A diesel pushers :)

BigH2OChief

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Carmel Mountain Ranch, San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Woody
Member #

Service Branch
US Army / US Navy
Hi everyone. I am new to overlanding, but have been camping all my life. I grew up in the Nashville area and have travelled some, but haven't been able to see some of the sights, as most of my travel was work related. In 2017, I bought my house, then lost my job in 2019. I went to school and got my class A CDL right before covid hit, so I went back into IT, but jobs were scarce and I took what I could find. I spent the next year underemployed to the tune of a third of my previous income. Finally, in December, I landed my dream job. I now make more than ever before and work remote, but am in transition still. I have a VW Passat and need to pay off some debt and get this house ready to rent, so I can get a suitable vehicle and get out there.

I Plan to buy a pickup truck, but I want a diesel that can tow comfortably. I will want to level it (Carli suspension) and put 37's under it, because I don't want to lose all of its towing capability, but I also don't wanna get stuck or get tossed around like a ragdoll off-road. The truck has to have the payload to be overland capable, if I have to leave the trailer behind. I am currently deciding which black series trailer to pull (HQ19 or 21). Because of the weight, I am looking at the 2021 RAM 3500.

I will be working and living between the truck and trailer full time, so if I can pull it where I wanna go and there is cellular signal there, I could camp for as long as my tanks could carry me during the week, but with the cellular map, it seems I will be taking the truck on some weekend excursions and parking the trailer at an RV park or somewhere I can stay during the week where there is a connection.

Anyway, this is all a work in progress and I change my mind every day, so I may have a completely different plan in 3 months. When I first decided I wanted to do this in January, I was looking at 40 ft. class A diesel pushers :)
Welcome to OB Dave! There's a ton of great information and outstanding folks here. Thanks for sharing your story... your resilience and perseverance are admirable and a lesson for anyone facing a challenge. Your on top now Brother! Always forward - Never back!

Reactions: Kent R and DMASE

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello David, welcome to Overland Bound, sounds like you have a fine plan, hope it all works out for you.

Reactions: Kent R and DMASE

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everybody! Just want to jump in and introduce myself!

Matt D.
Joshua Tree, Ca
2005 Nissan Pathfinder
I grew up loving camping and the out doors and now I'm introducing my kids to what I fell in love with! looking forward to meeting new friends along the way! Cheers!

View attachment 196459View attachment 196461
Hello Matt, welcome to Overland Bound. Joshua Tree is one of my favorite N.P.’s

Reactions: Kent R and MDoan

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Greetings! My name is Chip and i live in Fairbanks, Alaska. My wife and I overland all over Alaska. Have been doing it for years without actually being an internet overlander.
Welcome to the OB crew. Alaska is right at the top of my bucket list to explore.

Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. When you finally decide on what rig you want to build out, be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Matt D.
Joshua Tree, Ca
2005 Nissan Pathfinder
I grew up loving camping and the out doors and now I'm introducing my kids to what I fell in love with! looking forward to meeting new friends along the way! Cheers!

Welcome to the OB crew, looks like you are already out exploring, beautiful picture of the Joshua Trees covered in snow, I have never seen them in winter.

Reactions: MDoan

onescott01

Rank II

Contributor III

Berthoud, Larimer County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Verser
Member #

Hello Overlanders.
Scott V, Berthoud Co.
Obviously new here. I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a recently added 2019 Ford Ranger. Long time off roader of all sorts, two and four wheels, ski’s, snowshoes, or hiking boots. Grew up in the mountains of Colorado and love being outdoors. Generally out exploring the roads less travelled and avoiding campgrounds. Looking forward to being a part of this community and from others experience. It’s my hope that I can be helpful and add something good for others to make their time more enjoyable.
I’m in the process of building the Ranger to increase my range, would like to get a little further from home to explore some new territory.
Best of luck to you all! Scott

MDoan

Rank II

Contributor III

Joshua Tree, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Doan
Member #

Matt D.
Joshua Tree, Ca
2005 Nissan Pathfinder

Welcome to the OB crew, looks like you are already out exploring, beautiful picture of the Joshua Trees covered in snow, I have never seen them in winter.
They really are a special treat when the snow covers them. The desert turns into a winter wonderland with snow.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Overlanders.
Scott V, Berthoud Co.
Obviously new here. I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a recently added 2019 Ford Ranger. Long time off roader of all sorts, two and four wheels, ski’s, snowshoes, or hiking boots. Grew up in the mountains of Colorado and love being outdoors. Generally out exploring the roads less travelled and avoiding campgrounds. Looking forward to being a part of this community and from others experience. It’s my hope that I can be helpful and add something good for others to make their time more enjoyable.
I’m in the process of building the Ranger to increase my range, would like to get a little further from home to explore some new territory.
Best of luck to you all! Scott
Hello Scott, welcome to Overland Bound.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all..
-current home base is SW Michigan
-current rig is 2012 Tacoma
-been ‘over landing’ for years if you count hunting, fishing, hiking, boating etc all over Michigan for the past 45 years
-getting close to retirement and this is going to be my ‘way’ forward to enjoy that retirement
Looking forward to getting my latest truck up to the task plus connecting with new friends here in state and out of state as we plan on traveling more and more.
Hello Mark, welcome to the OB community. I lived in the Grand Rapids area for nearly 20 years but left back in 2003. Good to have you a part of OB.