DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hey y'all, Im Vince and am definitely new to all of this especially being from Geneva Illinois. Picked up a 21 Toyota RAV4 xle awd a few weeks back then put some falken Wildpeak trail tires and LP adventure wheels on it, with a Yakama rack and smittybilt rtt. Goin on a camping trip here in May any advice or tricks for BLM camping would be awesome. Thank you.
Welcome Vince!

Reactions: Kent R and Baymax21

maxst2

Rank I

Member I

Ohio
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
U
Member #

Howdy y'all,
I'm AJ and I've got a 18' tacoma trdor with a few goodies and is my daily driver. I will be rocking a 23zero roof top tent and building the shell out as we go on what we need.
Build out:
18' Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
Nitro Gears 5.29
33x12.5 General X3
Icon RXT full leaf pack
Bilstein 5100s all around
OME HD springs up front
SSO slim bumper (putting together "stage 2" on the front bumper)
Barx built fabrication sliders (central ohio small fab shop that custom made the sliders, pending coating and install)
At the Helm high clearance rear bumper w/tire carrier
Leer bed shell
OEM+ Audio upgrade (highly recommend!)
And lastly OVtuned (or VFtune as they go by now)

Getting setup to explore more as tent camping has gotten more hassle. Hoping to stay dry now as with tent camping on the ground I couldn't keep dry for the life of me... and the light suppression tech on the 23zero setups is highly appealing!

Attachments

Taco17RZR15

Rank III

Contributor III

Cape Breton, N.S.
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Mac Mullin
Member #

Hello everyone,

Here is my 2017 Tacoma SR5 LB

IMG_0383(1).jpg

I'm from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia (A great Overlanding area btw) I started overlanding last year and have been out about 6 or 7 times. All very new to me and building out my rig over the past 1-2 years. I enjoy outdoor activities such as off roading, kayaking, hiking, fishing, snowmobiling, quading and getting away from the everyday grind.

TravisC

Rank I

Contributor I

Huntington Beach California
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Clinton
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®
im not familiar with forums and how to navigate and use them. how do I find the pdf for the first aid check list?

Reactions: Kent R

AntipplFx4

Rank II

Traveler III

Florence, AZ
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
H
Member #

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
No shortage of these, hobby phototaker for many years
2) Location: Florence, AZ
3) Rig: 2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, and 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice, really haven't done anything other than some dirt roads but really want to learn.

I moved to AZ some years back, was always an import/sport car person, and always into photography and target shooting, but learned quickly some of the best spots aren't accessible by lowered or fast cars, so I picked up a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee from a buddy at work, had a 4" lift with 32s (now on 31s). It's become more of a project now, runs and drives fine but not the most reliable unfortunately, so earlier this year I got a 2020 Ranger XLT FX4, and this thing has been surprisingly good. So far just a level kit and exterior things but not planning much as it's a daily driver and will be my main exploring vehicle. Looking forward to learning more for some fun outings.
View attachment 194430
View attachment 194431
They both look like very capable rigs.
Nice!
Welcome!
Thank you! Jeep needs a little TLC, but gettin there with that one haha

Reactions: Kent R and DaleRF

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi Everybody, I moved to US very newly and now at Woodbury, MN.
I am still making updates to my rig. Existing photos below. The sleeping area is inside the box and which extending at the drivers side and having own Air Force heater, fresh water.
Toyota Tacoma 2017 SR5 - camper box.
Very little overloading experience and need to learn lot !
View attachment 194444View attachment 194445
Hello Can, welcome to the OB community. Looks like you have a very capable ride, very nice!

Reactions: Kent R and Can

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey y'all, Im Vince and am definitely new to all of this especially being from Geneva Illinois. Picked up a 21 Toyota RAV4 xle awd a few weeks back then put some falken Wildpeak trail tires and LP adventure wheels on it, with a Yakama rack and smittybilt rtt. Goin on a camping trip here in May any advice or tricks for BLM camping would be awesome. Thank you.
Hello Vincent, welcome to the OB community. Try going to Gaia.com trailsoffroad.com avenza maps for information on where you can camp. Gaia is tops for maps and trailsoffroad is great for local trails.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Howdy y'all,
I'm AJ and I've got a 18' tacoma trdor with a few goodies and is my daily driver. I will be rocking a 23zero roof top tent and building the shell out as we go on what we need.
Build out:
Nitro Gears 5.29
33x12.5 General X3
Icon RXT full leaf pack
OME HD springs up front
Barx built fabrication sliders (central ohio small fab shop that custom made the sliders, pending coating and install)
Leer bed shell

Getting setup to explore more as tent camping has gotten more hassle. Hoping to stay dry now as with tent camping on the ground I couldn't keep dry for the life of me... and the light suppression tech on the 23zero setups is highly appealing!
Hello Andrew, welcome to the OB community, nice taco you have there.

Reactions: Kent R and maxst2

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Thanks Rich, looks like you have an awesome 4runner. My wife has a 2020 4runner TRD off road premium ( she hasn't let me do anything to it...yet).
Yet. :)
Mine is heavily modified, it is my retirement present to go overlanding in and to get out of Phoenix in the summers.
2018 off-road versioin

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone,

Here is my 2017 Tacoma SR5 LB

View attachment 194462

I'm from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia (A great Overlanding area btw) I started overlanding last year and have been out about 6 or 7 times. All very new to me and building out my rig over the past 1-2 years. I enjoy outdoor activities such as off roading, kayaking, hiking, fishing, snowmobiling, quading and getting away from the everyday grind.
Hello Matt, welcome to the OB community, looks like a very nice setup you have there.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Howdy y'all,
Build out:
Nitro Gears 5.29
33x12.5 General X3
Icon RXT full leaf pack
OME HD springs up front
Leer bed shell

Hello AJ...Welcome aboard!

rubytrailsahead

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Joshua Tree, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Kerper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRMX894
Hello all!

Current location: Joshua Tree, California
Former: San Luis Obispo, California & Madera, California
Current vehicle: 2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Former: 1985 Toyota Hilux & 1988 Jeep Wrangler
Overland Experience: I’m just okay
Why Overlanding? I’ve always been a person of curiosity and traveling and seeing other people and places have been a big part of me. Been a huge people person and learning how people live and grow and where they come from have always been a huge interest of mine. Growing up in the Central Valley, two hours travel in any direction can give you quite the different change of scenery from each other. With the Sierra Nevada’s in my backyard, been an outdoors person has always been a huge part of where i love to be. I’ve been one that also loves “tinkering” with things, and getting into automobiles and understanding how they tick, was a great way of understanding and controlling your machine.

Overlanding is a great chance to connect all those favorite things with others in the community from many diverse areas with the same outdoor attraction!

Come by and say Hi!

Attachments

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello all!

Current location: Joshua Tree, California
Former: San Luis Obispo, California & Madera, California
Current vehicle: 2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Former: 1985 Toyota Hilux & 1988 Jeep Wrangler
Overland Experience: I’m just okay
Why Overlanding? I’ve always been a person of curiosity and traveling and seeing other people and places have been a big part of me. Been a huge people person and learning how people live and grow and where they come from have always been a huge interest of mine. Growing up in the Central Valley, two hours travel in any direction can give you quite the different change of scenery from each other. With the Sierra Nevada’s in my backyard, been an outdoors person has always been a huge part of where i love to be. I’ve been one that also loves “tinkering” with things, and getting into automobiles and understanding how they tick, was a great way of understanding and controlling your machine.

Overlanding is a great chance to connect all those favorite things with others in the community from many diverse areas with the same outdoor attraction!

Come by and say Hi!
Welcome from Arizona Michael!
Nice Rig!

GrahamHolmes

Rank II

Enthusiast I

San Clemente CA
First Name
Graham
Last Name
Holmes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MRJ
Hi Everyone. Brand new member here. Complete novice overlander trying to get started. I am an experienced dirtbike rider but very little off-road truck experience. I have a new 2021 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 OR and want to try a few day trips to get used to off-roading before we start overlanding. I live in San Clemente in Organge County California. Would love to hear tips and advice and if there are any meetups. I am originally from the UK so have a funny accent LOL.

Attachments