freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Paul Murphy. Live in Redlands, CA New to overlanding but wife and I have been avid outdoorsman for 27 years camping,hiking,backpacking, fishing,shooting and off road. Just bought a new OffGrid trailer Expedition 2.0 but it won't be here till August. Looking forward to some greta adventures
Hello Paul, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
hey everybody!!! new to overland bound and a novice in regards to overlanding. my rig is a 2013 Toyota Tundra limited 4wd. not much has been done to it yet. its leveled with 35" ko2's. I only have trd off road suspension right now. I'm waiting to upgrade suspension until its deemed needed. Have the warn zeon platinum 12-s winch ordered and going to be doing the hidden mount behind the bumper. I installed full skid plates from RCI. Im trying to decide if I want to do the arb compressor or power tank. I built an off road trailer with an extendable rack with gas struts for my rooftop tent. Im about to build/install a 12v system for the trailer in the near future as well. I, along with my wife and son, are really excited to get more into overlanding, camping, hiking, fishing, and just spending time outdoors in general as a family. we live in Huntington Beach California and look forward to finding places to explore along the west coast
Hello Travis, welcome to the OB community.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all!

I have an 06 4Runner. OEM as of now. However, I have a lot of plans for it over the next few years. I am avid outdoorsmen! I grew up hunting and fishing where we just drove. I didn't know it was called "Overland" until I was an adult. Soooo basically that mean I've stayed at a Holiday Inn once. haha... Seriously I am here to learn as much as I can. I know enough to get me back home.
Hello all!

I have an 06 4Runner. OEM as of now. However, I have a lot of plans for it over the next few years. I am avid outdoorsmen! I grew up hunting and fishing where we just drove. I didn't know it was called "Overland" until I was an adult. Soooo basically that mean I've stayed at a Holiday Inn once. haha... Seriously I am here to learn as much as I can. I know enough to get me back home.
Hello Greg, talk soon.

DMStrength1

Rank V

Explorer I

Athens, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4EDF
hey everybody!!! new to overland bound and a novice in regards to overlanding. my rig is a 2013 Toyota Tundra limited 4wd. not much has been done to it yet. its leveled with 35" ko2's. I only have trd off road suspension right now. I'm waiting to upgrade suspension until its deemed needed. Have the warn zeon platinum 12-s winch ordered and going to be doing the hidden mount behind the bumper. I installed full skid plates from RCI. Im trying to decide if I want to do the arb compressor or power tank. I built an off road trailer with an extendable rack with gas struts for my rooftop tent. Im about to build/install a 12v system for the trailer in the near future as well. I, along with my wife and son, are really excited to get more into overlanding, camping, hiking, fishing, and just spending time outdoors in general as a family. we live in Huntington Beach California and look forward to finding places to explore along the west coast
Welcome!!

DMStrength1

Rank V

Explorer I

Athens, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4EDF
Hello all!

Welcome to OB!!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @freak4life
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West

Reactions: TravisC

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
2) Santa Rosa, Northern California
3) 2020 Gladiator, 1966 LandCruiser, Tacoma (son's)
4) Some experience - Rubicon, Death Valley, Eastern Sierra, Lost coast

Hitting Mojave Trail next week. View attachment 194380

View attachment 194381
If you need a GPX file for the Mojave I can provide one.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB, Nevada @HappyOurOverlanding
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Paul Murphy. Live in Redlands, CA New to overlanding but wife and I have been avid outdoorsman for 27 years camping,hiking,backpacking, fishing,shooting and off road. Just bought a new OffGrid trailer Expedition 2.0 but it won't be here till August. Looking forward to some greta adventures
Welcome to Overland Bound Paul
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Inland Empire CA Meet-UP
https:/www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-inland-empire-meet-up-06-16-2018.10015/
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
Overland Expo West
https://www.overlandexpo.com/west

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
2) Santa Rosa, Northern California
3) 2020 Gladiator, 1966 LandCruiser, Tacoma (son's)
4) Some experience - Rubicon, Death Valley, Eastern Sierra, Lost coast

Hitting Mojave Trail next week. View attachment 194380

View attachment 194381
Nice rigs! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has 2021 all planned out and you can see the plan under the second post in our thread.

Our next meet up will be April 11th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/tri-valley-monthly-meet-up-pleasanton-ca.28092/

AntipplFx4

Rank II

Traveler III

Florence, AZ
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
H
Member #

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
No shortage of these, hobby phototaker for many years
2) Location: Florence, AZ
3) Rig: 2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, and 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice, really haven't done anything other than some dirt roads but really want to learn.

I moved to AZ some years back, was always an import/sport car person, and always into photography and target shooting, but learned quickly some of the best spots aren't accessible by lowered or fast cars, so I picked up a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee from a buddy at work, had a 4" lift with 32s (now on 31s). It's become more of a project now, runs and drives fine but not the most reliable unfortunately, so earlier this year I got a 2020 Ranger XLT FX4, and this thing has been surprisingly good. So far just a level kit and exterior things but not planning much as it's a daily driver and will be my main exploring vehicle. Looking forward to learning more for some fun outings.
Screenshot_20210411-095113_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20210411-095135_Photos.jpg

Can

Rank 0

Contributor I

MN
First Name
Can
Last Name
Yorgancilar
Hi Everybody, I moved to US very newly and now at Woodbury, MN.
I am still making updates to my rig. Existing photos below. The sleeping area is inside the box and which extending at the drivers side and having own Air Force heater, fresh water.
Toyota Tacoma 2017 SR5 - camper box.
Very little overloading experience and need to learn lot !
FFB329F0-F55B-4F03-A18C-211090555612.jpeg41C1C27F-CBA7-49F2-B602-E591D5F183E1.png

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
No shortage of these, hobby phototaker for many years
2) Location: Florence, AZ
3) Rig: 2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, and 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice, really haven't done anything other than some dirt roads but really want to learn.

I moved to AZ some years back, was always an import/sport car person, and always into photography and target shooting, but learned quickly some of the best spots aren't accessible by lowered or fast cars, so I picked up a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee from a buddy at work, had a 4" lift with 32s (now on 31s). It's become more of a project now, runs and drives fine but not the most reliable unfortunately, so earlier this year I got a 2020 Ranger XLT FX4, and this thing has been surprisingly good. So far just a level kit and exterior things but not planning much as it's a daily driver and will be my main exploring vehicle. Looking forward to learning more for some fun outings.
View attachment 194430
View attachment 194431
They both look like very capable rigs.
Nice!
Welcome!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi Everybody, I moved to US very newly and now at Woodbury, MN.
I am still making updates to my rig. Existing photos below. The sleeping area is inside the box and which extending at the drivers side and having own Air Force heater, fresh water.
Toyota Tacoma 2017 SR5 - camper box.
Very little overloading experience and need to learn lot !
View attachment 194444View attachment 194445
Nice looking box on the Tacoma.
Welcome!

Reactions: Kent R and Can

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hey all, new to the forum (not so much when to overloading). Located in El Paso, TX. My truck is a 2016 Toyota Tundra that is far from stock, was roughly a two year build to get it to this point. Hope to gain even more knowledge from the forum.
Another nice looking, very capable Rig!
Welcome from Arizona!

Baymax21

Rank II

Contributor III

Geneva Illinois
First Name
Vincent
Last Name
Pekarek
Member #

Hey y'all, Im Vince and am definitely new to all of this especially being from Geneva Illinois. Picked up a 21 Toyota RAV4 xle awd a few weeks back then put some falken Wildpeak trail tires and LP adventure wheels on it, with a Yakama rack and smittybilt rtt. Goin on a camping trip here in May any advice or tricks for BLM camping would be awesome. Thank you.

Attachments