Contributor I

Canada
First Name
Nic
Last Name
N/A
Hello, I'm Nic and I have a slightly modified 1st gen Tundra

1617473490401.jpeg

I'm from western Canada, but I'm currently in Ontario for the next year. So if you have any trip suggestions for southern Ontario let me know.

For a more verbose intro you can read my poorly written truck intro

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi everyone, my name is Daniel, I am located in the Sacramento area and a newbie to overlanding. I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler and just starting my overland setup.I have a trip planned to Zion,Bryce,Lake Powell, and the Grand Canyon. I would appreciate any suggestions on places to overland camp in those areas. thanks
Hello Daniel, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

View attachment 193586

I'm from western Canada, but I'm currently in Ontario for the next year. So if you have any trip suggestions for southern Ontario let me know.

Hello Nic, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and Wiggilez

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello, my name is Dustin.
Rig: 2020 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (wife has a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee that might be a better overlanding vehicle lol)
Experience: none? I’m new so I am still learning and am very anxious to get out there.
Hello Dustin, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and Ubiety

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Rig: 2019 Toyota 4Runner Offroad
Experience: I’ve driven humvees in Iraq, land cruisers in UAE and pickup trucks on Texas country roads, so I’m gonna go with novice.

Looking forward to learning and meeting everyone. Thanks!
Hello Paul, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone. Really glad to be introducing myself to this fantastic community.

Name: Martin
Rig: Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit V8 (ruggedised :grimacing:)

I’m currently building up my rig to take on more local vehicle dependant exploration of UAE and Oman. I had big plans for last year but this was put on hold due to travel restrictions.

Now though I’m looking forward to the borders to opening up soon and getting my WK2 ready to explore and find adventure.
Hello Martin, welcome to the OB community.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 193586

Welcome to Overland Bound Nic
The closest Member Representative to you in Ontario for local information is @ryancarman
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

View attachment 193586

Where abouts in southern Ontario (if you don't mind me asking)? Once things warm up a bit and dry out I will likely be planning a trip around southern/eastern Ontario with one of my rigs ( depending on level of difficultly of trail I end Lanning or how remote I plan to go). I typically run solo but could always use an extra rig around just in case.

Wiggilez

Rank 0

Contributor I

Canada
First Name
Nic
Last Name
N/A
Where abouts in southern Ontario (if you don't mind me asking)? Once things warm up a bit and dry out I will likely be planning a trip around southern/eastern Ontario with one of my rigs ( depending on level of difficultly of trail I end Lanning or how remote I plan to go). I typically run solo but could always use an extra rig around just in case.

About 30-40 min south of ottawa.

That being said I'm starting to realize that most Ontarians consider Ottawa to be central and the area near Kingston/Toronto to be south.

Advocate I

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

about 30-40 min south of ottawa.
Crag lake was on my list of spots to hit along my trip. I am up near Owen sound but figured a trip up around Kingston, maybe stop at the Wilton cheese factory on on the way by, then up around the Ottawa Valley area, and loop back down around Algonquin and then around Ardbeg/Parry sound before heading home.

Wiggilez

Rank 0

Contributor I

Canada
First Name
Nic
Last Name
N/A
I've seen Craig lake mentioned a few times on some other forums, I've also heard that there is a low difficulty trail that starts somewhere near the Canada/US broader and ends near merickville.

the other one that I'm interested in is the TCAT sections in ontairo, but I'm not 100% sure if its 4x4 friendly as other then the BC sections it seems to be mostly moto riders that do that one.

Advocate I

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

I've seen Craig lake mentioned a few times on some other forums, I've also heard that there is a low difficulty trail that starts somewhere near the Canada/US broader and ends near merickville.

the other one that I'm interested in is the TCAT sections in ontairo, but I'm not 100% sure if its 4x4 friendly as other then the BC sections it seems to be mostly moto riders that do that one.
Ya to my knowledge 4x4s are not allowed on the TCAT ( at least most of it.)

Advocate I

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

As an Albertan I find it weird that "northern" Ontario is about midway up the province and that the northern part of the province is some weird magical fairy land that no one goes to :P
Lol ya it has to do with population density. Technicaly I'm northern Ontario oven though I can drive 4-5 hours one way and be in the US, and drive 18 hours+ in the other direction and still be in Ontario lol.

Wiggilez

Rank 0

Contributor I

Canada
First Name
Nic
Last Name
N/A
Lol ya it has to do with population density. Technicaly I'm northern Ontario oven though I can drive 4-5 hours one way and be in the US, and drive 18 hours+ in the other direction and still be in Ontario lol.
that's fair, too bad though the area around Dryden is fairly reminiscent of western Alberta right as your getting into the rockies.