Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

We are Dan and Angie from the beautiful Sonoran Desert in Arizona, USA. We have a 2020 Jeep JLU we dubbed Bitchin Betty. We are excited to start adventuring into the wild blue yonder! We are preparing for our first trip in July to explore Northern Arizona and Utah.
.View attachment 193375
Welcome to Overland Bound Dan and Angie
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi my name is John
Rig: I have a 98 Ex MOD 110 Wolf XD Defender (FFR) and 08 Range Rover Sport but it is the Defender that I'm doing up for Overlanding.

I'm very new to overlanding and at the moment just getting my Defender ready. As you can imagine, being ex MOD, it's really basic so needs a fair amount of attention but it is a very solid platform to work with.

I'm already into wild camping and bush craft and I hunt too.
Welcome to Overland Bound John
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Chubnut

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good evening!

I have been partaking in the overlanding idea for a few years, but never knew a name for it recently. Just became a member, and would like to connect to anyone in the area or with a similar rig.
Saskatchewan, Canada
2017 SilveradoView attachment 193369View attachment 193370

Derek
Welcome to Overland Bound Derek
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Montana Carl, @ryancarman
Your Regional Director is @ for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
The best tool you have is the member map, you can find other members in your area and connect with them by forum message.

Reactions: SaskSilver17

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Finally decided to join after reading many articles through random online searches. Always great information and everyone always seems very helpful.

Jason B.
Eastern Shore, MD

I currently drive a 2012 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner, JBA UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Dirt Logic 2.5 front coilover and 2.25 rear shock with bypass and custom built leaf pack on 35s. 6inch front and rear. Recovery gear. Plan on getting an OSV pass.

I previously owned a 2006 grandcherokee that I took on the beach as well.

The Tacoma was too good of a deal to pass up and will last a lifetime. Plan to enjoy it and push it as much as possible for a RWD.

I currently am a Master Tech for Toyota and love seeing all the customers different rigs coming in.

Look forward to digging through the vast amount of knowledge on the forum.
Welcome to Overland Bound Jason
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @cgflyer
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 193310Hi folks, I'm just getting started on a 2018 Outlander PHEV for camping and softroading in addition to being a daily in the Finger Lakes region of Upstate NY. I'd love ideas about places in the NE to take my 2 teens for off-grid camping and exploring.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Dan and Angie (@Dangela ) welcome from Oklahoma.
Prior to the pandemic we had a couple of meet ups in AZ, unfortunately things got derailed. Hopefully a meet up will get going again so keep an eye out for that in the meet ups section that Kent linked to.

Reactions: Dangela and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi my name is John
Rig: I have a 98 Ex MOD 110 Wolf XD Defender (FFR) and 08 Range Rover Sport but it is the Defender that I'm doing up for Overlanding.

I'm very new to overlanding and at the moment just getting my Defender ready. As you can imagine, being ex MOD, it's really basic so needs a fair amount of attention but it is a very solid platform to work with.

Hello John, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and Chubnut

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all!

We are Dan and Angie from the beautiful Sonoran Desert in Arizona, USA. We have a 2020 Jeep JLU we dubbed Bitchin Betty. We are excited to start adventuring into the wild blue yonder! We are preparing for our first trip in July to explore Northern Arizona and Utah.
.View attachment 193375
Trailsoffroad.com for trails to try.

Reactions: Dangela and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello, I’m Travis from Houston Texas and I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler jku rubicon. Pretty excited about starting this new adventure in the world of overlanding and getting away from just strictly mud. Me and my girlfriend just bought our first tent and looking to start planning a lot of trips.
Hello Travis, welcome to the OB community.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello!

I need adventure--not optional. I also want to have experiences with my 2 kids before they leave the house and interject a little physical adversity into their lives. I'm also interested in getting to know people and learn from them!

I have a 2018 Land Cruiser. I am hoping it is my terminal vehicle that can take me to far away destinations.
Hello Erik, welcome to the OB community, looks like you have a very capable vehicle.

professorpool

Local Expert West Europe
Launch Member

Traveler III

Woking, England
First Name
Nik
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Hi my name is John

Welcome to Overland Bound John
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Hi john, we are in Surrey but actually today on the beach in shoreham!

We’ve got a few meets coming up as lockdown eases. Keep an eye out for announcements!

Reactions: Chubnut and Kent R

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi my name is John

Welcome to Overland Bound West Europe.
I am your Regional Director and with the Region Representatives we are here to support and help you achieve everything you need regarding your membership.

In normal times we have trips and meets throughout the year and usually a presense at most of the Overland Shows and Events. These are generally promoted on all platforms but keep an eye on Rally Point for full details.

In addition to the Overland Bound Forums offering a huge knowledge base we have a Facebook Page Facebook Groups where we look forward to welcoming you for general chit chat as well as a lively WhatsApp Group. 

Your Admins and Representatives:-

Northern England and Scotland:- Stephen Waddell @caspoint220
Southern England:- Nik Hammond And Leann Stratta @professorpool

Any issues / concerns please reach out to any of us and we look fiorward to meeting you atr an up and coming meet or trip once life gets back to normal.

Reactions: Chubnut and Kent R

caspoint220

local Expert, West Europe
Launch Member

Steward I

Biblical Garden, Elgin, Scotland IV30 1HU, United Kingdom
First Name
Steve
Last Name
W
Member #

Hi my name is John

Welcome to Overland Bound West Europe.
I am your Regional Director and with the Region Representatives we are here to support and help you achieve everything you need regarding your membership.

In normal times we have trips and meets throughout the year and usually a presense at most of the Overland Shows and Events. These are generally promoted on all platforms but keep an eye on Rally Point for full details.

In addition to the Overland Bound Forums offering a huge knowledge base we have a Facebook Page Facebook Groups where we look forward to welcoming you for general chit chat as well as a lively WhatsApp Group. 

Your Admins and Representatives:-

Northern England and Scotland:- Stephen Waddell @caspoint220
Southern England:- Nik Hammond And Leann Stratta @professorpool

Any issues / concerns please reach out to any of us and we look fiorward to meeting you atr an up and coming meet or trip once life gets back to normal.
Hi John, welcome aboard!

Be sure and give us a shout if you need anything.

We have a Facebook page (Overlandbound - West Europe) and a WhatsApp group for the chattier members, if this is something that interests you please let me know

Junogwat

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Houston, Harris County, Texas, United States
First Name
Jesus
Last Name
Reyes
Wow! Great set up guys. I’m new to the scene. My name is Jesse from Houston tx. I have a 02 Toyota 4Runner 2wd that fell into my lap about 2 months ago.

Here the new update.
Currently I flushed coolant, oil change, added some steering fluid and renewed the tags. Lol.
The real additions are.
New tires. ( kumho A/T tires )
Painted the oem wheels ( plasti dipped )
Yup that’s it.

Next week
Running board delete
Roof rack
New suspension
Bed liner the whole rig
Diy water containment with spigot
I think that’s it for one week.

And hopefully by May I can take a small trip somewhere close to home with my son and make some memories.
Here are some pictures of the rig. Will take new pics once she’s bed lined and racked up.

Attachments

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello from Spokane, WA. I'm glad I searched for overloading last night and found you good folks. I've been Jeep camping largely on my own for the last couple years, occasionally taking along my wife (she's slowly embracing the outdoors, yippee!) or a friend. While I really do like the solitude out there on my own, it would be nice to go overloading with some like-minded people now and again. This site looks amazing, and I'm looking forward to learning more and maybe getting out on some trips with some of you.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello, just joined from Glendale, Arizona. Brand new to overlanding, looking forward to all the information available here.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.