Enthusiast III

Peoria, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Johnny
Last Name
van Vlimmeren
Member #

Name: John
Vehicle: 2007 Jeep Commander (Project Resurrection)
Experience: Novice

Saved this Commander from heading into a junkyard. Bit off more than I can chew with this project but I've been known to do things the hard way. :laughing: Soon the Commander will have all new suspension that I've been able to find for it. Hope to meet some on the trails once the rig is trail ready.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Welcome. I’m heading out to New River mid month to pick up a buddy for yet another of our expeditions. Do you have any favorite way points between sant Cruz and New River? My plan is to spend a few days getting out there.

Thanks, Clark
Hello Clark, if you have not run anything in Sedona try Broken Arrow and or Schnebly Hill, both have outstanding views, best run on weekdays otherwise way too much traffic as they both are very popular. Depending on your vehicle capabilities the back way to Crown King is a challenge. Senator highway from Prescott to Crown King is not hard and you do not need a highly modified vehicle. All can be found on trailsoffroad.com

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Name: John
Vehicle: 2007 Jeep Commander (Project Resurrection)
Experience: Novice

Saved this Commander from heading into a junkyard. Bit off more than I can chew with this project but I've been known to do things the hard way. :laughing: Soon the Commander will have all new suspension that I've been able to find for it. Hope to meet some on the trails once the rig is trail ready.
Hello John, welcome to the OB community from n/c Phoenix.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
View attachment 193310Hi folks, I'm just getting started on a 2018 Outlander PHEV for camping and softroading in addition to being a daily in the Finger Lakes region of Upstate NY. I'd love ideas about places in the NE to take my 2 teens for off-grid camping and exploring.
Hello David, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Jmbradleymd

Rank I

Contributor III

Willards, Wicomico County, Maryland, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Bradley
Finally decided to join after reading many articles through random online searches. Always great information and everyone always seems very helpful.

Jason B.
Eastern Shore, MD

I currently drive a 2012 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner, JBA UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Dirt Logic 2.5 front coilover and 2.25 rear shock with bypass and custom built leaf pack on 35s. 6inch front and rear. Recovery gear. Plan on getting an OSV pass.

I previously owned a 2006 grandcherokee that I took on the beach as well.

The Tacoma was too good of a deal to pass up and will last a lifetime. Plan to enjoy it and push it as much as possible for a RWD.

I currently am a Master Tech for Toyota and love seeing all the customers different rigs coming in.

Look forward to digging through the vast amount of knowledge on the forum.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Finally decided to join after reading many articles through random online searches. Always great information and everyone always seems very helpful.

Jason B.
Eastern Shore, MD

I currently drive a 2012 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner, JBA UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Dirt Logic 2.5 front coilover and 2.25 rear shock with bypass and custom built leaf pack on 35s. 6inch front and rear. Recovery gear. Plan on getting an OSV pass.

I previously owned a 2006 grandcherokee that I took on the beach as well.

The Tacoma was too good of a deal to pass up and will last a lifetime. Plan to enjoy it and push it as much as possible for a RWD.

I currently am a Master Tech for Toyota and love seeing all the customers different rigs coming in.

Look forward to digging through the vast amount of knowledge on the forum.
Hello Jason, welcome to the OB community. Nice looking Taco.

Chubnut

Rank III

Contributor III

Thakeham, Pulborough, West Sussex, United Kingdom
First Name
John
Last Name
De Souza Mattos
Member #

Hi my name is John
Rig: I have a 98 Ex MOD 110 Wolf XD Defender (FFR) and 08 Range Rover Sport but it is the Defender that I'm doing up for Overlanding.

I'm very new to overlanding and at the moment just getting my Defender ready. As you can imagine, being ex MOD, it's really basic so needs a fair amount of attention but it is a very solid platform to work with.

I'm already into wild camping and bush craft and I hunt too.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi everyone, I’m Austin
Vehicle: 1982 Toyota Chinook Resto-mod
Current Location: Fairbanks Alaska
Current Mission: My fiancée and I are quitting our jobs this June to Overland full-time, we plan to circumnavigate the U.S. and South America in our freshly constructed rig “Mako” ( we will be documenting the journey @makoventuretravel on Instagram!)

Hello Austin , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @beyondthepavement is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Dangela

Rank III

Contributor III

Corona de Tucson, AZ
First Name
Angie
Last Name
Noyce
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello all!

We are Dan and Angie from the beautiful Sonoran Desert in Arizona, USA. We have a 2020 Jeep JLU we dubbed Bitchin Betty. We are excited to start adventuring into the wild blue yonder! We are preparing for our first trip in July to explore Northern Arizona and Utah.
.FD5540BD-8E24-4D55-BA8A-1CB31C16F6F4.jpeg

That_Texicon

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Harris County, Texas, United States
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Cook
Hello, I’m Travis from Houston Texas and I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler jku rubicon. Pretty excited about starting this new adventure in the world of overlanding and getting away from just strictly mud. Me and my girlfriend just bought our first tent and looking to start planning a lot of trips.

Attachments

Erik C

Rank II

Enthusiast I

St. Paul, Minnesota
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Carlson
Member #

Hello!

I need adventure--not optional. I also want to have experiences with my 2 kids before they leave the house and interject a little physical adversity into their lives. I'm also interested in getting to know people and learn from them!

I have a 2018 Land Cruiser. I am hoping it is my terminal vehicle that can take me to far away destinations.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

I need adventure--not optional. I also want to have experiences with my 2 kids before they leave the house and interject a little physical adversity into their lives. I'm also interested in getting to know people and learn from them!

I have a 2018 Land Cruiser. I am hoping it is my terminal vehicle that can take me to far away destinations.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @toxicity_27
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I’m Travis from Houston Texas and I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler jku rubicon. Pretty excited about starting this new adventure in the world of overlanding and getting away from just strictly mud. Me and my girlfriend just bought our first tent and looking to start planning a lot of trips.
Welcome to Overland Bound Travis
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

We are Dan and Angie from the beautiful Sonoran Desert in Arizona, USA. We have a 2020 Jeep JLU we dubbed Bitchin Betty. We are excited to start adventuring into the wild blue yonder! We are preparing for our first trip in July to explore Northern Arizona and Utah.
.View attachment 193375
Welcome to Overland Bound Dan and Angie
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi my name is John
Rig: I have a 98 Ex MOD 110 Wolf XD Defender (FFR) and 08 Range Rover Sport but it is the Defender that I'm doing up for Overlanding.

I'm very new to overlanding and at the moment just getting my Defender ready. As you can imagine, being ex MOD, it's really basic so needs a fair amount of attention but it is a very solid platform to work with.

I'm already into wild camping and bush craft and I hunt too.
Welcome to Overland Bound John
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Chubnut

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good evening!

I have been partaking in the overlanding idea for a few years, but never knew a name for it recently. Just became a member, and would like to connect to anyone in the area or with a similar rig.
Saskatchewan, Canada
2017 SilveradoView attachment 193369View attachment 193370

Derek
Welcome to Overland Bound Derek
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Montana Carl, @ryancarman
Your Regional Director is @ for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
The best tool you have is the member map, you can find other members in your area and connect with them by forum message.

Reactions: SaskSilver17