Noname57

Rank 0

Contributor I

Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Reeves
Hi, everyone! First day on the app, been following Overland Bound for a while and love the content. A little about me:

Rig: 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Interest: Camping, exploring new trails, all around just love being outdoors enjoying nature and my rig.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, everyone! First day on the app, been following Overland Bound for a while and love the content. A little about me:

Rig: 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Interest: Camping, exploring new trails, all around just love being outdoors enjoying nature and my rig.
Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @HappyOurOverlanding
Your Regional Director is @Narbob for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Here is a local meet-up you might be interested in;
Las Vegas OB members...A new hangout
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello ! I have been thinking of joining for a while and I am glad I finally did !
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy all! Sid Goodloe here. I am located in Lincoln County, New Mexico. I use an '06 Toyota 4Runner for my running about the woods and camping. Born and raised on a ranch here and spent my first trips into the bush growing up as a boy in Kenya, East Africa. We were a safari family for sure. Covered a bunch of NM/Colorado camping and hunting. I've been out of the vehicle trekking game for a while and excited to get back in it. My experience is pretty "western". as we say in the ranching world. In other words... nothing fancy just had to get out in the woods and live in it. Maybe Experienced Novice is a good way to put it! Glad to be a part fo such an interesting, experienced and diverse bunch. Looking forward to some adventures with some of you!
Welcome to Overland Bound Sid
I look forward to seeing some of your state this summer as we travel up the Continental Divide.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Contributor III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Antrim
Member #

Finally jumped onboard and became an Overland Bound member. I have been a lurker and Youtube follower for a while now. Happy to finally be here and see what the forum has to offer!

We have been camping for years, switched to overlanding about 5 years ago on a Jeep Wrangler platform, but had to upgrade to a 2021 Chevy TrailBoss to fit a growing family (including a dog). We are in San Diego and have been exploring Anza-Borrego and Southeastern Sierras to start. My wife runs our Instagram, UrbanFamilyOverland, trying to show that even city folk can overland, though tough to park the rig (haha).

2021 Chevy 1500 TrailBoss
Decked drawers
TuffStuff Elite RTT
Yakima OutPost bedrack

Thanks Mike and fam for running this amazing community resource!

Thanks,
Alex

Attachments

tigerowner

Rank III

Enthusiast II

West Jordan, Salt Lake County, Utah, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Grey
Member #

Just joined today and looking forward to many adventures. Live in SLC, UT but also spend time near Bozeman, MT. I will be overlanding either by myself or with my wife and 2 daughters. First trip this year is Death Valley. Fully vaccinated and ready to go! Have ground equipment, a topper or pop-up campers to choose from. Just bought a Gazelle tent to try out. Primary interests are camping in the trees in warmer weather and the desert in the cooler months.

2016 Nissan Titan XD Gas 5.6l
Leer Topper
BFG K02
Simple for now!

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere fully outfitted.

Look forward to meeting as many as I can.

Contributor I

Auckland, New Zealand
First Name
Paul
Last Name
RYKEN
Hi all

Glad to have found this resourceful and inspirational group.

My wife, Sandra and I have been location-independent since 2016. We have been travelling primarily with carry-on luggage only with the exception of the year we did #vanlife in New Zealand.

We are currently in the planning phase for our next adventure - the big lap of Australia (starting in February 2022) and then further afield.

At the moment, we own a 2007 Toyota Hilux 3.0TD 4WD Extra Cab 5-speed manual Ute. We are planning to purchase a slide-on camper/truck camper so that we can separate them and upgrade the vehicle as and when required.

You can find us at Minimalist Journeys or through various social media platforms as MinJourneys: Facebook | Instagram

Cheers, Paul

Toyota Hilux DUC537.jpg

2Freedom

Rank I

Member I

Brampton, ON, Canada
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Cowling
Member #

Hey Everyone, Newb here and new to overlanding! I love camping and have done all my life, but have always lived in the city and have had cars. Well I finally got a "suv" and have already starting it for overlanding and adventuring.
Anyways just a quick hi before I really dig into the site, hope to meet some other members near me if they exist!
Here's a quick pic of the Foz that I started to outfit and equip!

Attachments

Frostfamilyvt

Rank III

Member III

Windsor, Windsor County, Vermont, United States
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Frost
Member #

Hello everyone Frostfamilyvt here my name Stephen. Just saw the app video and here we are. Looking forward to learning as much as possible here because we are new to this. Advice is very welcomed and look forward to receiving it.
We are using a 2005 4runner with a 3" lift using combination of toytec icon and total chaos. 33" falkan wildpeak A\Ts , smittybulit XL rtt and annx . roofrack is a Stephen built because honestly I'm not impress by the strength or price of the major brands and I'm a decent welder. We are currently working on a trailer for longer trips because we are a family. I have been watching the YouTube videos for some time as well as the other major overland channels and it has help greatly. So we look forward to the adventures ahead as work allows.

Attachments

Reggiereps

Rank IV

Pathfinder III

Kennebec County, Maine, United States
First Name
Reggie
Last Name
Poirier
Member #

Just joined today and looking forward to many adventures. Live in SLC, UT but also spend time near Bozeman, MT. I will be overlanding either by myself or with my wife and 2 daughters. First trip this year is Death Valley. Fully vaccinated and ready to go! Have ground equipment, a topper or pop-up campers to choose from. Just bought a Gazelle tent to try out. Primary interests are camping in the trees in warmer weather and the desert in the cooler months.

Leer Topper
BFG K02
Simple for now!

Reggiereps

Rank IV

Pathfinder III

Kennebec County, Maine, United States
First Name
Reggie
Last Name
Poirier
Member #

Leer Topper
BFG K02
Simple for now!

Welcome aboard.

Reactions: Kent R

DasDisco

Rank 0

Contributor I

Arizona, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
M
Whats up everyone!?

New member here, starting a my official journey as an overlander. Just purchased a truck and plan to add a bed rail, and roof rack. Will also be looking into suspension mods to add bigger wheels. The truck is a Ford F-150 XLT [4x4 package and sport package]. I am from California, and soon will be in Austin Texas. I have family properties and storage businesses in Williams AZ, and Lake Havasu / Parker AZ. Grew up going on the water, running in the desert, and always love venturing out. I often fly to various locations and road trip for work as well. I have driven from Vancouver to Ontario in Canada, across the USA, and looking to do more local trips with my rig. I love to wrench on things, have a shop and a few RZR's in AZ. Glad to be here, and share in the experience. Looking forward to learning more about the amazing world of overlanding. I am plantbased (vegan), not judgmental or anything like that, but would be cool to meet others as well!

Will be at the Flagstaff Overland Expo - About WEST — Overland Expo®

Attachments

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, thanks for the welcome. Total off-road novice here, but I want to be able to get to places a normal vehicle can’t. Been working on my truck for about 6 months but I’ve only been on one trip so far...
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike,
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Frostfamilyvt

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Newbie here from Texas, originally from the islands (Guam/Hawaii) Starter rig is my 2013 Kia Sorrento AWD, hoping to hop into a 4Runner by the end of the year. Have always loved the outdoors coming from the islands, now want to explore this beautiful country of ours. Family and friends all over.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Whats up everyone!?

New member here, starting a my official journey as an overlander. Just purchased a truck and plan to add a bed rail, and roof rack. Will also be looking into suspension mods to add bigger wheels. The truck is a Ford F-150 XLT [4x4 package and sport package]. I am from California, and soon will be in Austin Texas. I have family properties and storage businesses in Williams AZ, and Lake Havasu / Parker AZ. Grew up going on the water, running in the desert, and always love venturing out. I often fly to various locations and road trip for work as well. I have driven from Vancouver to Ontario in Canada, across the USA, and looking to do more local trips with my rig. I love to wrench on things, have a shop and a few RZR's in AZ. Glad to be here, and share in the experience. Looking forward to learning more about the amazing world of overlanding. I am plantbased (vegan), not judgmental or anything like that, but would be cool to meet others as well!

Will be at the Flagstaff Overland Expo - About WEST — Overland Expo®
Here is a part of the forum that might help you with your build;
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982. Prerunner can get you information about the local meet-up near Austin.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone Frostfamilyvt here my name Stephen. Just saw the app video and here we are. Looking forward to learning as much as possible here because we are new to this. Advice is very welcomed and look forward to receiving it.
We are using a 2005 4runner with a 3" lift using combination of toytec icon and total chaos. 33" falkan wildpeak A\Ts , smittybulit XL rtt and annx . roofrack is a Stephen built because honestly I'm not impress by the strength or price of the major brands and I'm a decent welder. We are currently working on a trailer for longer trips because we are a family. I have been watching the YouTube videos for some time as well as the other major overland channels and it has help greatly. So we look forward to the adventures ahead as work allows.
Welcome to Overland Bound Stephen
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Beans & @Mathes
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone, Newb here and new to overlanding! I love camping and have done all my life, but have always lived in the city and have had cars. Well I finally got a "suv" and have already starting it for overlanding and adventuring.
Anyways just a quick hi before I really dig into the site, hope to meet some other members near me if they exist!
Here's a quick pic of the Foz that I started to outfit and equip!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @ryancarman
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: 2Freedom