freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everyone! I’m David from Mississippi and this is my 2003 TJ with a ‘67 M416 trailer. I’m really new at this and my set up now is more of a camping rig. But, I’m wanting to slowly get into more actual overlanding. I look forward to learning from y’all.
Hello David, welcome from Phoenix.

Reactions: Kent R and DavidH77

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey all, I’m Hunter from Illinois. Just getting into overlanding but have been into camping all my life. I drive a 2018 Silverado that I plan on making my overland rig until I can get going on my International Scout build. Looking forward to meeting you all!
Hello Hunter, welcome from Phoenix.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey everyone! I’m David from Mississippi and this is my 2003 TJ with a ‘67 M416 trailer. I’m really new at this and my set up now is more of a camping rig. But, I’m wanting to slowly get into more actual overlanding. I look forward to learning from y’all.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

Reactions: Kent R and DavidH77

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey all, I’m Hunter from Illinois. Just getting into overlanding but have been into camping all my life. I drive a 2018 Silverado that I plan on making my overland rig until I can get going on my International Scout build. Looking forward to meeting you all!
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

bdmeyersc

Rank II

Off-Road Ranger I

Sumter, Sumter County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Meyer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4TAC
Service Branch
Army
In the sequence of the instructions:

1) Picture! (of vehicle)

20210124_165044.jpg

2) Location: Sumter, South Carolina

3) Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave

4) Overlanding Background experience: Novice.
I was a U.S. Army Airborne Infantryman when I ets'd after 12.5 years. Most of my overlanding was on foot, carrying everything on my back. Drove Tractor Trailers for a few years, living out of a sleeper every night with a mini fridge. I've never done this for fun and giggles. I am getting ready to learn from you pro's so I can do this for enjoyment and relaxation now. Thanks for being here.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

1) Picture! (of vehicle)

View attachment 191767

I was a U.S. Army Airborne Infantryman when I ets'd after 12.5 years. Most of my overlanding was on foot, carrying everything on my back. Drove Tractor Trailers for a few years, living out of a sleeper every night with a mini fridge. I've never done this for fun and giggles. I am getting ready to learn from you pro's so I can do this for enjoyment and relaxation now. Thanks for being here.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

1) Picture! (of vehicle)

View attachment 191767

Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: bdmeyersc

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Hunter
This section of the forum might help you out with your Silverado;
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @geekhouse23

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound David
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cwilli17

TOY4RNR

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Canandaigua, NY, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larkin
Member #

Hi All! So happy to be here. Name is John

From Canandaigua NY, just south of Rochester, in the Finger Lakes.
I drive a stock (for now) 2003 4Runner V8 Sport

Would be happy to meetup with others from the area.

Thinking about joining the TAT trip in June...

Contributor I

Flowood, MS, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Cherry
Member #

Hi everyone, I'm Will!
Vehicle: 2019 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Overland Experience: Camping and survival experience, quite a bit. Overlanding....not once. All and all I'm excited to have the opportunity to allow my kids to experience the same adventures and visit new places as I did growing up.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, I'm Will!
Overland Experience: Camping and survival experience, quite a bit. Overlanding....not once. All and all I'm excited to have the opportunity to allow my kids to experience the same adventures and visit new places as I did growing up.
Welcome To Overland Bound Will
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cwilli17. And if you are looking for adventure to the north in Arkansas @BlueLineOverland, and Tennessee @Hank Outdoors

Reactions: Resilient Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound John
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER[/USER, and one of our Southwest Member Reps @Hank Outdoors is very familiar with your are.
Your Regional Director is [USER=27089]@Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Hi everyone, I'm Will!
Hey Will!!!! Welcome to OB I'm Mason if you find yourself wanting to get out and explore Arkansas feel free to contact me!

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

If you have the time, make that leap and just go, the TAT adventure will be a trip to recall and celebrate for many years after we are finished

Reactions: Kent R

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Newbie. Tampa Fl finalizing build for overland trips
if you need help navigating the forums, all you have to do is ask, someone will point you where you need to go

Reactions: Kent R