Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey Y'all!

I'm Chip and I'm in Charleston SC. I do a lot of fly fishing, camping and exploring. I have a wife, Abbey and a 10 Year old son, Robinson. I have made several cross country trips in my life that have left me wanting for more. I am currently planning another trip for next summer 2022, with my son, before he reaches an age where I am no longer the coolest person he knows, and wife (if she is so inclined!). In the midst of my research I found Overland Bound on You tube and now here! I am so new to forums! I have owned a few different rigs over the years and put them through their paces along the way. I can say that I have good bit off road experience; however, nothing like some of the western trails. I have never been "rock crawling"! Not set up for it either. We have lots of mud! I'm also not a huge fan of mudding WAY TOO MUCH TIME CLEANING UP AFTER!! I don't mind getting dirty just.... well I have better things to do that wash a truck after every weekend! Nor am I interested in destroying it! My current truck is my favorite so far and it is a 2006 Land Cruiser, light mods, it is my daily as well. LOVE it! Probably be buried in it! I'll post some pics later.
So I hope to maybe meet up with other members along the way or get some advise about must sees! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!! Thanks for listening!
Hello Chip, welcome from Phoenix.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello All,

I'm Dan, my wife Jeanne and I are from Upstate New York, I have been off roading sense I could drive but I am new to Overlanding. We owned a F250 Super Duty and decided to start with fixing that up to see how we like camping in the out back. Nice to be here and look forward to learning.

View attachment 191624View attachment 191625
Hello Dan, welcome from Phoenix.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi!

I'm Bryan and I'm in Yukon, Ok. I have been an avid rock crawler forever. We've traveled all over N.A. with our crawler. A few years ago I started taking my family camping 1-2 times a month instead of the off-road park type trips. Then we realized how much more we enjoyed the trips out overlanding.
We have sold the trailer in the pic and are currently building the Ranger (Trigger) to be our primary adventure mobile. I'll start a build thread once I can per forum rules. The parts are piling up as I type this. Looking forward to sharing experiences here!
Hello Bryan, welcome from Phoenix.

LowCountryBound

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Charleston, Charleston County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Chip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Hello All,

I'm Dan, my wife Jeanne and I are from Upstate New York, I have been off roading sense I could drive but I am new to Overlanding. We owned a F250 Super Duty and decided to start with fixing that up to see how we like camping in the out back. Nice to be here and look forward to learning.

Hey Dan! My wife has family in upstate NY/ Hudson Valley. Great fly fishing!!!

SWIdahoMark

Rank III

Traveler III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Croll
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Gucci
Greetings all,
I'm Mark, my co-pilot is Jill, and we are in SW Idaho. We have a 2006 Lexus GX470 that I just purchased for the express purpose of Overlanding but will also drive very frequently in town as well. I am planning a fairly mild build but we all know how that goes. It's been a long time since I Overlanded - we used to call it 'wheelin.' I'm very much looking forward to hitting some trails with like-minded folks and have really enjoyed the OB videos on YouTube.
Cheers!

I tried including a photo of our rig but it was rejected.

Last edited:

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Greetings fellow Overlanders!
Name: Nicholas Bell
Region: northwest USA
Rig(s) : 2002 ford f150 supercrew /(project 2002 land rover discovery 2)
Experience: moderate

I am excited to spend more time behind the wheel and
not as much under a rig! Thanks for having me!
Welcome to the OB crew

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Greetings all,
I'm Mar, my co-pilot is Jill, and we are in SW Idaho. We have a 2006 Lexus GX470 that I just purchased for the express purpose of Overlanding but will also drive very frequently in town as well. I am planning a fairly mild build but we all know how that goes. It's been a long time since I Overlanded - we used to call it 'wheelin.' I'm very much looking forward to hitting some trails with like-minded folks and have really enjoyed the OB videos on YouTube.
Cheers!

Welcome to the OB crew

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey Y'all!

I'm Chip and I'm in Charleston SC. I do a lot of fly fishing, camping and exploring. I have a wife, Abbey and a 10 Year old son, Robinson. I have made several cross country trips in my life that have left me wanting for more. I am currently planning another trip for next summer 2022, with my son, before he reaches an age where I am no longer the coolest person he knows, and wife (if she is so inclined!). In the midst of my research I found Overland Bound on You tube and now here! I am so new to forums! I have owned a few different rigs over the years and put them through their paces along the way. I can say that I have good bit off road experience; however, nothing like some of the western trails. I have never been "rock crawling"! Not set up for it either. We have lots of mud! I'm also not a huge fan of mudding WAY TOO MUCH TIME CLEANING UP AFTER!! I don't mind getting dirty just.... well I have better things to do that wash a truck after every weekend! Nor am I interested in destroying it! My current truck is my favorite so far and it is a 2006 Land Cruiser, light mods, it is my daily as well. LOVE it! Probably be buried in it! I'll post some pics later.
So I hope to maybe meet up with other members along the way or get some advise about must sees! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!! Thanks for listening!
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

jdnichols

Rank III

Contributor III

Utah, USA
First Name
Jarrett
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Hello all! My name's Jarrett and I live in Northern Utah, an hour south-southwest of Salt Lake City. I just bought my first 4x4 as a family adventure vehicle and we (wife, 4 year old daughter, 3 year old son, and dog) are beyond excited to start this adventure. The rig is a 1997 Land Rover Discovery 1. The engine, cooling system, and clutch have all been rebuilt but it needs some cosmetic and interior work. While we're avid campers, we are completely new to overlanding. I'm so excited to learn from and be a part of this community!

Attachments

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi!

I'm Bryan and I'm in Yukon, Ok. I have been an avid rock crawler forever. We've traveled all over N.A. with our crawler. A few years ago I started taking my family camping 1-2 times a month instead of the off-road park type trips. Then we realized how much more we enjoyed the trips out overlanding.
We have sold the trailer in the pic and are currently building the Ranger (Trigger) to be our primary adventure mobile. I'll start a build thread once I can per forum rules. The parts are piling up as I type this. Looking forward to sharing experiences here!
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello all! My name's Jarrett and I live in Northern Utah, an hour south-southwest of Salt Lake City. I just bought my first 4x4 as a family adventure vehicle and we (wife, 4 year old daughter, 3 year old son, and dog) are beyond excited to start this adventure. The rig is a 1997 Land Rover Discovery 1. The engine, cooling system, and clutch have all been rebuilt but it needs some cosmetic and interior work. While we're avid campers, we are completely new to overlanding. I'm so excited to learn from and be a part of this community!

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello All,

TravelinDan

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Upstate New York
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Smith
Thanks! I will check out Boot Camp.

MrChaucer

Rank II

Traveler III

Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Long
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC9ZKP
Hello everyone! Excited to join and get some good tips, instruction, camaraderie, and ideas on how to find adventure through Overlanding. I'm a novice when it comes to off-roading, but learning to pick it up. Just waiting in line to get my first mods done, then I can start tackling some more difficult (relative to my experience at least) terrain. Just taking things slowly for now so I can enjoy it for a long time to come. I have a lot of experience in the outdoors, having through camped/hiked all over the country. Backpacking is fun, but I really like the idea of Overlanding.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Greetings all,
I'm Mark, my co-pilot is Jill, and we are in SW Idaho. We have a 2006 Lexus GX470 that I just purchased for the express purpose of Overlanding but will also drive very frequently in town as well. I am planning a fairly mild build but we all know how that goes. It's been a long time since I Overlanded - we used to call it 'wheelin.' I'm very much looking forward to hitting some trails with like-minded folks and have really enjoyed the OB videos on YouTube.
Cheers!

Hello Mark, Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @David H is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

TSKWOLFE

Rank I

Traveler I

Lee Vining, Mono County, California, United States
First Name
Taylor
Last Name
Sigmen
Member #

What's up everybody! Stoked to be part of the OB team! Living in the Easter Sierras near Yosemite National Park and loving it. Sadly I'm in-between rigs right now, but hopefully that'll be changing soon! Big fan of the outdoors, backpacking, fishing, hunting, riding my motorcycle, and everything else these beautiful places have to offer! Can't wait to meet you guys out on the trails!

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
What's up everybody! Stoked to be part of the OB team! Living in the Easter Sierras near Yosemite National Park and loving it. Sadly I'm in-between rigs right now, but hopefully that'll be changing soon! Big fan of the outdoors, backpacking, fishing, hunting, riding my motorcycle, and everything else these beautiful places have to offer! Can't wait to meet you guys out on the trails!
Welcome Taylor from Reno! What a great sounding place to live.....

Please remove your full address from your profile, nobody needs to know your exact location, jut put City and State.

Jim