Bryan
Last Name
Lavender
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE5ATG
Service Branch
U.S. Marine Corps
Bryan & Susan here: We live in southern Arizona, just south of Tucson. While in years past we had a highly modified 4Runner and did a lot of off-road and SAR in the Mojave, age & health have slowed me down some. We've got a Ram 3500 SRW 4x4 with a Lance camper that, so far, has handled everything we've asked it to do. Love exploring still and very much into photography/videography. We may be too tame for most on this forum but we're still game!

Last edited:

John F.

Rank I

Contributor I

Idaho, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Ferronato
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7FWV
Name: John
Location: Eagle Idaho, the Treasure Valley in Southwest Idaho, O.K. I’ll stop trying to “church it up” Boise
Rig: 2013 Toyota 200 Series Landcruiser
Experience: I’m a longtime jeeper. My first was a 1980 CJ 5 and my last was a 2019 JL with 37’s new gears, axles, driveshafts....etc. I’m also a lifelong outdoor enthusias, hunting, fly fishin‘, rafting, backpacking and falconry. I’ve decided to stop beating a Jeep against big rocks in Favor of vehicle dependent travel because “Adventure is Necessary”.
Thanks Overland Bound

WoodWorker

Rank II

Contributor III

Royal Oak, MI, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Hello
I just joined and already feel I could spend a lot of time here. I am Chris, I live in the metro detroit Michigan area. Back in the day I and my friends used to do a lot of four wheeling around lower and upper Michigan. Back then I drove a pretty nice 1976 F250.
Happy to be getting back into it with my son. We have been working on our new rigs over the past six months. Now I am running a 2012 Nissan Pathfinder. My son is running a 2014 Xterra. We have put on 2” lifts, 32” tires, bumper modifications, on board air, lights and winches? Great way to spend time and money with my son.
I have enjoyed reading forums. Can’t wait to get out and do some over-landing.
Chris

Attachments

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Hi new overlander here just got a tablet looking for a holder for my jeep any ideas also looking for ideas on cb attenas
Welcome! Post your question in the Q&A section, you will get your answers.....

Reactions: Kent R

Borislander

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Silver Spring, MD, USA
First Name
Vennak
Last Name
Pouch
Member #

Absolutely! The road/train trip to Churchill will require careful preparation -- more so than any other overlanding expedition here in Canada (in comparison to the Dempster Highway, for instance). Having said that, I was heading to Tuktoyaktuk this year, but Covid changed that. I am now planning it for 2021 (as an OB event -- already posted). Hope we will be done with this Covid thing by the time we reach summer of 2021. If so, and you are heading this way, drop me a line. Perhaps you and your wife may even want to join the epic adventure to Tuktoyaktuk :tonguewink:

Stay safe, and journey on.
Hey Kent, it's Vennak 25153. Ive just been thinkin about he trip you were planning on taking to Tuktoyatuk.I've been thinking about quite a bit. How are the plannings coming along? How many memebers do ypu have jpining you in this epic aventure so far? Vennak

Thatparkerdude

Rank II

Contributor III

Kuna, Idaho, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Parker
Member #

Hello, my name is Joshua Parker. I live in Riverside, California. Originally from Carlotta ,California. My family and I enjoy camping and traveling as much as possible. Our rig is a heavy/long 2021 Ram 2500 megacab diesel. I can off-road too much, but I can tow just about anything. Will be upgrading suspension as soon as parts are available. Looking forward to meeting new fellow travelers and learning as much as I can.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Dave here! Located in the Raleigh NC area. Brand new to Overlanding. I have been wanting to get into it for years. Just picked up a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Let the mods begin.

I am a fabricator of sorts and I'd like to think I am pretty inventive too. I am looking forward to designing some of my own mods and gear.
Hello Dave, welcome from Phoenix, I look forward to seeing the build in pics.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Bryan & Susan here: We live in southern Arizona, just south of Tucson. While in years past we had a highly modified 4Runner and did a lot of off-road and SAR in the Mojave, age & health have slowed me down some. We've got a Ram 3500 SRW 4x4 with a Lance camper that, so far, has handled everything we've asked it to do. Love exploring still and very much into photography/videography. We may be too tame for most on this forum but we're still game!
Hello Bryan and Susan, never too tame, that is my stage also, welcome from Phoenix.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Name: John
Location: Eagle Idaho, the Treasure Valley in Southwest Idaho, O.K. I’ll stop trying to “church it up” Boise
Rig: 2013 Toyota 200 Series Landcruiser
Experience: I’m a longtime jeeper. My first was a 1980 CJ 5 and my last was a 2019 JL with 37’s new gears, axles, driveshafts....etc. I’m also a lifelong outdoor enthusias, hunting, fly fishin‘, rafting, backpacking and falconry. I’ve decided to stop beating a Jeep against big rocks in Favor of vehicle dependent travel because “Adventure is Necessary”.
Thanks Overland Bound
Hello John, welcome from Phoenix.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello
I just joined and already feel I could spend a lot of time here. I am Chris, I live in the metro detroit Michigan area. Back in the day I and my friends used to do a lot of four wheeling around lower and upper Michigan. Back then I drove a pretty nice 1976 F250.
Happy to be getting back into it with my son. We have been working on our new rigs over the past six months. Now I am running a 2012 Nissan Pathfinder. My son is running a 2014 Xterra. We have put on 2” lifts, 32” tires, bumper modifications, on board air, lights and winches? Great way to spend time and money with my son.
Chris
Hello Chris, welcome from Phoenix.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi new overlander here just got a tablet looking for a holder for my jeep any ideas also looking for ideas on cb attenas
Hello Gregory, welcome from Phoenix, I would suggest you wipe your actual address from the site and go with just your city.
I use ICS-FAB.com dash mount for my solutions, but I have a 4Runner.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello, my name is Joshua Parker. I live in Riverside, California. Originally from Carlotta ,California. My family and I enjoy camping and traveling as much as possible. Our rig is a heavy/long 2021 Ram 2500 megacab diesel. I can off-road too much, but I can tow just about anything. Will be upgrading suspension as soon as parts are available. Looking forward to meeting new fellow travelers and learning as much as I can.
Hello Joshua, welcome from Phoenix.

Hanzo

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Frankfort, MI, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Vandervest
Member #

Hello
Chris
Nice to see more Michiganders here! There’s a dedicated Midwest sections of the forum you may want to head over too and introduce yourself there as well. Love the rig!

hogarita

Rank I

Contributor III

claremore,ok
First Name
Don
Last Name
Ward
Hello.

Found this site while doing some research on a couple of overland trailers I've been investigating, Turtleback Expedition and the OGT Expedition 2.0. I like what I've seen so far so I signed up to continue mining info about those trailers before making a decision.

Thanks to all who've contributed their experiences with each trailer as it's extremely valuable for folks like me when you have limited opportunity to see these trailers in person for a proper inspection.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Joshua
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Here is a local meet-up you might be interested in organized by @Dominic OB0158;
Inland Empire CA Meet-UP
https:/www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-inland-empire-meet-up-06-16-2018.10015/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello.

Found this site while doing some research on a couple of overland trailers I've been investigating, Turtleback Expedition and the OGT Expedition 2.0. I like what I've seen so far so I signed up to continue mining info about those trailers before making a decision.

Thanks to all who've contributed their experiences with each trailer as it's extremely valuable for folks like me when you have limited opportunity to see these trailers in person for a proper inspection.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
For your question about trailers check this out;

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent