Rank II

Enthusiast I

Florida, USA
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Thomson
Member #

Recently retired and looking forward to some adventure. Wife and I are the original proud owners of a 1994 Wrangler and a 2020 Gladiator from sunny Florida. The Gladiator is still getting prepped for overlanding and we can’t wait to get out.
Hello Bob, welcome from Phoenix, we love pics of rigs.

Attachments

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Rig: 2016 Tacoma
Experience: mediocre
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

Reactions: Kent R

norcalfan

Rank 0

Contributor I

Arizona, USA
First Name
Evan
Last Name
Kenville
Hello all! Excited to join the community! Not yet full hardcore overlander, rocking a Ram 1500, but just paid for and am awaiting my military surplus m1102 trailer to fill my and my sons off grid camping and fishing machine! We have a lot of great public lands here in AZ and 33" tires get my Ram everywhere we need to go. Moving forward our trailer or cargo space will not be the limiting factor. I have masive delusions of grandure when it comes to what this trailer will be. but reality will hopefully be a safe, sound and agile mobile campsite by summer. Excited to learn from you vet overlanders!~

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
New member here from the UK
Never been Overlanding but have travelled widely, maybe I can change that in 2021 with my Discovery 2.
Got some of the gear, lots to learn! This seems the best way!!
Did a mini road trip when over in the US recently (2019) - Indiana to Montana and back, Yellowstone was awesome
View attachment 190060
Welcome to Overland Bound West Europe.

I am your Regional Director and with the Region Representatives we are here to support and help you achieve everything you need regarding your membership.

In normal times we have trips and meets throughout the year and usually a presence at most of the Overland Shows and Events. These are generally promoted on all platforms but keep an eye on Rally Point for full details.

In addition to the Overland Bound Forums offering a huge knowledge base we have a Facebook Page

Facebook Groups

where we look forward to welcoming you for general chit chat as well as a lively WhatsApp Group. 

Your Admins and Reptresentatives:-

Northern England and Scotland:- Stephen Waddell @caspoint220

Southern England:- Nik Hammond And Leann Stratta @professorpool

Any issues / concerns please reach out to any of us and we look fiorward to meeting you atr an up and coming meet or trip once life gets back to normal.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy all.
My name is Jon Plouffe and I am in Damascus, Oregon. I have a 2021 Taco TRD Off Road. When it comes to overlanding, I am a novice. I am looking forward to crawling through these forums and soaking up knowledge.

Cheers!
Welcome to Overland Bound Jon
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: M Rose

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! Excited to join the community! Not yet full hardcore overlander, rocking a Ram 1500, but just paid for and am awaiting my military surplus m1102 trailer to fill my and my sons off grid camping and fishing machine! We have a lot of great public lands here in AZ and 33" tires get my Ram everywhere we need to go. Moving forward our trailer or cargo space will not be the limiting factor. I have masive delusions of grandure when it comes to what this trailer will be. but reality will hopefully be a safe, sound and agile mobile campsite by summer. Excited to learn from you vet overlanders!~
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Evan, welcome from Phoenix.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Experience: none (yet)
View attachment 190269
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Cowboyupdan
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2016 Tacoma
Experience: mediocre
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representatives to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors @Ohio Valley Overland @James.Laidlaw

Reactions: tcorey

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi my name is Travis. I live in Eastern Oregon
Welcome to Overland Bound Travis
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information. As Mike Rose said he is in La Grande, he is a great resource for all things OB plus the local area.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, my name is Ryan!

Rig: 2016 F150 2.7l ecoboost
Experience: Novice. I've always had a fascination with overlanding and offroading which stemmed from seeing old videos of camel trophy trucks when I was a kid. Slowly building up my rig and getting out when I have the time. Looking forward to being part of the community!
Welcome to Overland Bound Ryan
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Reactions: two7overland

Mango

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hillsborough, NC, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Schreck
Dave here! Located in the Raleigh NC area. Brand new to Overlanding. I have been wanting to get into it for years. Just picked up a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Let the mods begin.

I am a fabricator of sorts and I'd like to think I am pretty inventive too. I am looking forward to designing some of my own mods and gear.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Howdy all.
My name is Jon Plouffe and I am in Damascus, Oregon. I have a 2021 Taco TRD Off Road. When it comes to overlanding, I am a novice. I am looking forward to crawling through these forums and soaking up knowledge.

Cheers!

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound