Last Name
vilar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ea5rc
Hello everyone! My name is Javi:

Location - Cuenca (Spain)
Vehicle - Nissan Terrano II
Experience - Beginner on the overland world... I've only Walked on simple tracks
Welcome javi, enyoy the forums experience.
Visit the mediterranean forum and make your introduction for meet up other member in your same location.

Reactions: Kent R

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Experience - Beginner on the overland world... I've only Walked on simple tracks
Hello

Welcome to the Forum, but most of all welcome to the community.

If I can help with questions, and providing info I am happy to do so.

Just go to the Europe section of this forum to find more specific info about Europe.

You will find nearly everything on the forum in generall about Overlanding. So just dive in and have fun.

Join us also in the whatsapp group for Mid Europe and our Facebook page.

Facebook Groups

Europe Overland Bound

Enjoy your stay here and I hope to see you somewhere out on a track/event.

Greetings from Robert

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Glad to be a part of this awesome community. My wife and I have been kitting out our vehicle in hopes to travel this amazing continent of ours (North America).

We are located in the Tacoma, WA area and have so many amazing places to explore right here in our backyard. I have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road that I've kitted out with suspension, armor and electrical upgrades to ensure we are capable of traversing the back country roads throughout this continent. I can't wait to share with everyone my experiences as well as learn new things from everyone here.
Hello my name is Dominic, I’m currently up in upstate New York. I drive a 17 Tacoma, 3in lift, 35s, 5.29 gears and air locker f/r. Over landing experience in novices. Have experience wheeling Jeeps and Tacomas. Thanks for having me
Hello Dominic, welcome from Phoenix

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everyone!
I’m Jake, I live in the metro Detroit area. I would say I have moderate experience overlanding, I love camping and hitting trails in northern Michigan. I drive a 2013 Nissan Xterra, with a 2” bilstein 5100 lift, 33” BFG Ko2. I’m really excited to join the community and learn from everyone on OB!
Hello Jake, welcome from Phoenix

Reactions: Kent R and JakeW

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Well, I would like to start by introducing myself. Some folks call me Donald, others call me Ryan. It really doesn't matter as long as you don't call me, late for dinner. Ha ha... Ha, yeah, sorry. I'm relatively new to overlanding. I acquired a bone stock 96 f150 XLT 4WD from my father. It has a brand new 302 that's been bored and stroked to a 347. I also built a wooden platform and drawer system in the bed. She's also got a hard top camper shell. Other than that everything on the truck is 26 years old. I've been on a few rides and camping/fly fishing trips, now I have the bug. I live in Brevard, NC and I'm planning on outfitting the truck over the next several months. I can't wait to connect and be a part of this group. Happy Adventures!
Hello Donald, welcome from Phoenix

Reactions: Kent R and Reba87

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I personally have no idea what happened but I could have sworn I had an account on here. Regardless it goes without saying that I haven't been a big forum guy, but I'd like to start getting more involved as I've been friends with Michael and Corrie for a little while now. I'm in the Inland Empire though I've recently moved here from South OC. I drive a 2016 overly modified Jeep JKU. And I guess I'm Experienced by now albeit with more to learn. Here's an old shot of my rig...the new shots are going to be held back for after a couple editorial pieces...She'll look similar...but different lol. Anyways, thanks for having me, sure I've already come across a few of you. Sorry if I just made a redundant account...it would have been years ago anyways.
Hello Ali, welcome from Phoenix

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey all, I've been active in many Jeep-specific forums but I came here as I've been spending years building my Jeep, but I haven't really been able to enjoy it as much as I should. I recently wrapped up college in upstate NY studying mechanical engineering and am hoping to open up a shop in the New England area and currently live in Boston!

View attachment 189071
View attachment 189072
Hello Casey. welcome from Phoenix.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello, I’m excited to be part of this community.

2018 crosstrek, custom interior build
Total beginner
Originally from San Luis Obispo, ca. recently acquired residency in Wyoming, but I started traveling as a respiratory therapist. When I’m not working I’m living in my car as I travel across the US.
Hello Craig, welcome from Phoenix.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Javi,

Welcome to OB!

We have a virtual OB Europe campfire which takes place on Friday every 2nd week. Next one will be on 12th March 2021 at 8 PM CET. You are welcome to join for some good talks. You will find all details in the Rally Point:

An also a warm welcome to all other new members across the globe of course! It is nice to se how the community is growing!

Cheers, Bjoern

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All!
Jose here! Pleasure to meet you all.
Rig: 2003 Honda Pilot (thinking of holding on for a couple of years before I move on to something different).
Experience: definitely new at this.
Welcome to Overland Bound Jose
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Been watching on YouTube, didn’t realize how in depth this site was, but impressed and glad I’m here now! I am a noob to “overlanding” but not to basic vehicle camping. I am here to try to learn as much as I can especially about navigation off road. I have a month off (first time ever) and will be in Colorado, and Utah at end of May/most of June to try this in more remote areas. I have a completely stock 2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited. I have quality camping gear too. What I lack other than remote off road driving/navigation is proper storage and organization for my gear. I wish I had a rack, but I don’t! Whatever. I have a mattress and can sleep in Jeep and also have a 1 man ultra lite tent that I’ve used bikepacking (and at some music festival ⚡). Looking forward to learning from you and hopefully meeting up with like minded souls! WALSTIB ✌
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @geekhouse23
In regards to your trip to CO & UT; the Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew and the Member Reps are CO @OpenlanderZ & @trail_runn4r. And in UT @Knitron & @A-Aron

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Well, I would like to start by introducing myself. Some folks call me Donald, others call me Ryan. It really doesn't matter as long as you don't call me, late for dinner. Ha ha... Ha, yeah, sorry. I'm relatively new to overlanding. I acquired a bone stock 96 f150 XLT 4WD from my father. It has a brand new 302 that's been bored and stroked to a 347. I also built a wooden platform and drawer system in the bed. She's also got a hard top camper shell. Other than that everything on the truck is 26 years old. I've been on a few rides and camping/fly fishing trips, now I have the bug. I live in Brevard, NC and I'm planning on outfitting the truck over the next several months. I can't wait to connect and be a part of this group. Happy Adventures!
Welcome To Overland Bound Donald/Ryan
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

BrandiLS

Rank II

Contributor III

Pinckney, MI, USA
First Name
Brandi
Last Name
Soldo
Member #

Hi all adventure heads! I am Brandi and very excited to be a new member on this interesting forum. Hope to cross dirt paths with some of you soon!

Vehicle: recently traded the Subaru for a 2018 Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in (appropriately) “INFERNO”
Experience: it’s been over 20 years since I drove the backroads in beautiful CO in a Nissan Kingcab 4x4. I loved being able to find a spot roadside to pitch a tent and share a fire with friends surrounded by nature and no light traffic. [enter postdoc in MI, very time-consuming job, and different activities]. I’ve missed a truck and I have a little more time to travel backcountry for days. I’d like to learn if/where there is this opportunity around these parts.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Sterling (@Sterling rotter ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps, so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Sterling rotter

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Texas, USA
First Name
Sterling
Last Name
Rotter
Member #

Cool thanks. Im actually leaving in a few days on a trip to colorado and over to moab in a few days and planning on running the rim rocker trail to get there. Lookin for any kind of info as far as trail closures or anything like that. But im not to sure which forum to look into for that. Lol thanks again.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Cool thanks. Im actually leaving in a few days on a trip to colorado and over to moab in a few days and planning on running the rim rocker trail to get there. Lookin for any kind of info as far as trail closures or anything like that. But im not to sure which forum to look into for that. Lol thanks again.
I would suggest the trip planning forum I linked above or the Rocky Mountain regional forum.