Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

I personally have no idea what happened but I could have sworn I had an account on here. Regardless it goes without saying that I haven't been a big forum guy, but I'd like to start getting more involved as I've been friends with Michael and Corrie for a little while now. I'm in the Inland Empire though I've recently moved here from South OC. I drive a 2016 overly modified Jeep JKU. And I guess I'm Experienced by now albeit with more to learn. Here's an old shot of my rig...the new shots are going to be held back for after a couple editorial pieces...She'll look similar...but different lol. Anyways, thanks for having me, sure I've already come across a few of you. Sorry if I just made a redundant account...it would have been years ago anyways.
Welcome to the forums Ali! It’s good to see KateTheJeep on here!

Reactions: Kent R

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

I personally have no idea what happened but I could have sworn I had an account on here. Regardless it goes without saying that I haven't been a big forum guy, but I'd like to start getting more involved as I've been friends with Michael and Corrie for a little while now. I'm in the Inland Empire though I've recently moved here from South OC. I drive a 2016 overly modified Jeep JKU. And I guess I'm Experienced by now albeit with more to learn. Here's an old shot of my rig...the new shots are going to be held back for after a couple editorial pieces...She'll look similar...but different lol. Anyways, thanks for having me, sure I've already come across a few of you. Sorry if I just made a redundant account...it would have been years ago anyways.
Welcome BACK to the OB crew, your member number says yes you have had an account for quite sometime. If you have any questions feel free to ask, we still freely share our knowledge and experience.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey all, I've been active in many Jeep-specific forums but I came here as I've been spending years building my Jeep, but I haven't really been able to enjoy it as much as I should. I recently wrapped up college in upstate NY studying mechanical engineering and am hoping to open up a shop in the New England area and currently live in Boston!

View attachment 189071
View attachment 189072
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Nice touches on the Jeep, very nice looking rig.

My Jeep Story

Rank 0

Contributor I

NJ, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
DeLorenzo
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Nice touches on the Jeep, very nice looking rig.
Sounds good, thank you for the welcome!

CarbontheMove

Rank I

Traveler I

Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
craig
Last Name
carabajal
Member #

Hello, I’m excited to be part of this community.

2018 crosstrek, custom interior build
Total beginner
Originally from San Luis Obispo, ca. recently acquired residency in Wyoming, but I started traveling as a respiratory therapist. When I’m not working I’m living in my car as I travel across the US.

Attachments

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Total beginner
Originally from San Luis Obispo, ca. recently acquired residency in Wyoming, but I started traveling as a respiratory therapist. When I’m not working I’m living in my car as I travel across the US.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build. I imagine that during this pandemic, your services as a RT are in demand.

Explore_x4

Rank 0

Contributor I

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Wallen
New Member from central N.C. currently wheeling a stock 1986 Toyota Pickup with 31x10.50-15 At's. I've been overlanding on foot and by bike my whole life and started going off the beaten path when I got my drivers license at 16 and 1st truck (2001 s10 Blazer 4x4)
I lifted it 2.5 inches by putting tbar keys in the front and cranking them all the way up. I put a set of extra long shackles from the auto parts store on the rear and used modified shock extenders for a full size chevy.
It rode like garbage but I could sleep in the back and go explore fire roads.
After going through 3 sets of balljoints and blowing up 2 motors I got a great deal on my Toyota which I plan to eventually build out the "right way"
My dad used to drive an 86 diesel that same color. That’s a fun looking truck.
I love this truck. I wish it was diesel!

srtboy

Rank I

Traveler I

Charlotte, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
DeTamble
Member #

Hello all! My name is Jonathan and I’m excited to be a part of the OB community!!!

Rig: 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Mods: 4.5 lift, short arms, front sway bar quick disconnects, 245/75 Dick Cepeks, varilock axles from an Overland WJ, and a bunch more.
I consider myself to be a well seasoned overlander. Growing up in the mountains of NC learning to drive a fwd in the snow taught me a lot. I’ve off roaded most of my life. The Marines taught me a lot about survival, camping, leading, etc. I’m an OG member of Overland Explore which is a Toyota based group in NY. We host events and give classes from beginner to extreme.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! My name is Jonathan and I’m excited to be a part of the OB community!!!

Mods: 4.5 lift, short arms, front sway bar quick disconnects, 245/75 Dick Cepeks, varilock axles from an Overland WJ, and a bunch more.
I consider myself to be a well seasoned overlander. Growing up in the mountains of NC learning to drive a fwd in the snow taught me a lot. I’ve off roaded most of my life. The Marines taught me a lot about survival, camping, leading, etc. I’m an OG member of Overland Explore which is a Toyota based group in NY. We host events and give classes from beginner to extreme.
Welcome To Overland Bound Jonathan
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: srtboy

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Total beginner
Welcome to Overland Bound
Within our coumunity we have Regional Directors that can help you with information about the area you are currently in. They have Member Representatives that can help locally. You can contact any of the Directors as you move around the US.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, I've been active in many Jeep-specific forums but I came here as I've been spending years building my Jeep, but I haven't really been able to enjoy it as much as I should. I recently wrapped up college in upstate NY studying mechanical engineering and am hoping to open up a shop in the New England area and currently live in Boston!

View attachment 189071
View attachment 189072
Your build looks like a labor of love.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Mathes
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Since its been awhile for you on the forum, here is some updated information.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello my name is Dominic, I’m currently up in upstate New York. I drive a 17 Tacoma, 3in lift, 35s, 5.29 gears and air locker f/r. Over landing experience in novices. Have experience wheeling Jeeps and Tacomas. Thanks for having me
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
new from wyoming looking for a rig to start many adventures. current rig down for rebuild. wife and kids hope to see ya wheelin cheers
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @WyOverland

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. My name is Joseph Sandone and I'm totally stoked to have found this community!
I am a complete novice to overlanding (though I've four wheeled in my youth in Colorado in my roommates 72 Land Cruiser a couple of times in places I probably had no business going.... please don't kill me Todd!)

Vehicle: 1986.5 NISSAN D21 HARDBODY (AKA Piccolo)
Experience: NOVICE
View attachment 189042
View attachment 189034
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514 and just south of you in Arkansas @BlueLineOverland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

I am Bill located in Raleigh, NC.
In the process of converting a 2001 Jeep TJ into a camping vehicle for my son and I to visit state parks.
I have mild experience having owned Jeeps and Land Rovers previously. Not looking to rock crawl but do more sight seeing with family.
Looking forward to meeting folks on HAM and GMRS as well.
Welcome To Overland Bound Bill
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Welcome to the OB crew, we are a group that pools our knowledge so feel free to share some of your experience with those who are seeking assistance

Reactions: srtboy and Kent R

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Hello. My name is Joseph Sandone and I'm totally stoked to have found this community!
I am a complete novice to overlanding (though I've four wheeled in my youth in Colorado in my roommates 72 Land Cruiser a couple of times in places I probably had no business going.... please don't kill me Todd!)

Vehicle: 1986.5 NISSAN D21 HARDBODY (AKA Piccolo)
Experience: NOVICE
View attachment 189042
View attachment 189034
Now that's a beautiful rig!!! Im Mason the member rep for Arkansas. If you find yourself down south don't hesitate to reach out!!!!