Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

I'm Daniel, or Moose, and I'm in Middle Tennessee. I grew up camping and backpacking, and I even had a 35' travel trailer for a few years (until divorce took it :cry:). I was outside all day every day finding something to get into. In TN, there are plenty of places to hike, camp, hunt, swim/boat, and I did it all. I fell out of all things outdoors due to family, kids, work, school, etc. Now I'm getting back into everything and am excited to add overlanding to the list of things I enjoy. I'm going to use my daily driven 2008 Toyota Tundra. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can on here and hopefully getting to meet people and take some trips.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: hikermoose

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,

I'm Shea and I've been camping, hunting, backpacking my whole life. Because of that I've been down my share of back roads and always wanted a more capable off-road/overlander rig. Last year I bought a 93' Jeep YJ and had a blast cruising around the back roads around where I live. I promptly lifted the jeep put 33's on it and a bunch of other mods, hoping to run the Rubicon this year (the Rubicon is about an hour from where I live). Unfortunately, my Jeep was stolen on Christmas eve and has yet to be recovered (my guess is its parted out and long gone by now). Last month I bought a 2019 Toyota Tacoma and I'm starting the mod journey all over again. As of right now, the truck is stock but I've got some ideas. Nice to meet you all.

Rig: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road (stock with 13k miles on it)
Welcome to Overland Bound Shea
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Here is a local meet-up you might be interested in;
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
While researching in preparation for my summer of 2021 Enchanted Rockies trip I stumbled onto this site. I thought I would stay. Thanks for the add.
Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @PNW EXPLR is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

FiveAngelsOutdoor

Rank V

Traveler III

Tarpon Springs, Florida 34688, United States
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Aniol
Member #

Hi all! I was waiting to pick up my new rig before a posted. I sold my 2015 Rubi JKU to transition to the 2021 Colorado ZR2 Bison AEV Uplift. I have a lot of plans for this vehicle. I have a garage full of accessories. I will be doing everything from off roading, traveling, camping, and other outdoor adventures like kayaking and paddle boarding.

I appreciate the great content that you all share, and I look forward to sharing as well.

Attachments

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi all! I was waiting to pick up my new rig before a posted. I sold my 2015 Rubi JKU to transition to the 2021 Colorado ZR2 Bison AEV Uplift. I have a lot of plans for this vehicle. I have a garage full of accessories. I will be doing everything from off roading, traveling, camping, and other outdoor adventures like kayaking and paddle boarding.

I appreciate the great content that you all share, and I look forward to sharing as well.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

overlandvol

Rank I

Traveler I

Florida, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Boan
Member #

Hi All! Wanted to introduce myself. New here to the OB crew, but not to overlanding. Grew up in GA and have been an active backpacking, hunting, fishing, and a general outdoorsman. Live in Florida now with family roots still in Northern GA and East TN. We added a 2018 Jeep JKU to the family fleet of adventure vehicles and we're working on getting it rigged out for trips in 2021. Looking forward to learning a lot here on the board and from the whole group. Any input is welcome.

Chad B.
OB# 26703
OverlandVol

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Whats up guys,
New memeber here. I'm from Los Angeles.
I drive a 2017 JKU
I currently run the Gobi rack with a Tepui 8x8 awning and a Tepui 3 person Autana ruggedized.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi All! Wanted to introduce myself. New here to the OB crew, but not to overlanding. Grew up in GA and have been an active backpacking, hunting, fishing, and a general outdoorsman. Live in Florida now with family roots still in Northern GA and East TN. We added a 2018 Jeep JKU to the family fleet of adventure vehicles and we're working on getting it rigged out for trips in 2021. Looking forward to learning a lot here on the board and from the whole group. Any input is welcome.

Chad B.
OB# 26703
OverlandVol
Welcome to the OB crew, I guess we traveled on some of the same trails, I grew up in TN and lived in Florida for many years.

Another Way Home

Rank II

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinewood Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Lincoln
Last Name
Phillips
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0FEK
Greetings! Been itching to join for a while since seeing some of the vids from HQ! Good stuff!
-Located in a small ville NW of Lyons Colorado, surrounded by pines.
-Veh #1 a steady 2004 Tacoma, currently outfit for sensible overland travel in the upper 48.
-Veh #2 pending: A 1991 Troopcarrier. work to do, work to do ;)

-Experience level, novice. here to learn.

IMG_0518.jpgIMG_3724.jpeg

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Greetings! Been itching to join for a while since seeing some of the vids from HQ! Good stuff!
-Veh #1 a steady 2004 Tacoma, currently outfit for sensible overland travel in the upper 48.

View attachment 188481View attachment 188482
Welcome, Lincoln.

OrangeDrink

Rank I

Contributor III

Phoenix, Arizona, USA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tang
Hello! New to overland culture, but have camped since I was a kid. Now that my kid is older, it's time to get back into it.
  • Arizona Rat
  • We love to camp and fish
  • Vehicle #1: 2017 Tacoma Limited
  • In process of adding gear and upgrades to the Taco:
    • Just installed a VooDoo rack
    • Getting some Westcott Designs sliders and lift/KO2 tires
  • Vehicle #2: 1996 4Runner SR5 5-speed
  • Looking to find some local AZ groups to camp/ride
  • Looking for some hands-on learning experience
  • Looking for someplace to trade/sell and buy
  • Looking for trip recommendations
  • Experience level: Novice Overlander
Thanks for the add!

IMG_9763.jpeg
IMG_9761.jpeg

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

View attachment 188481View attachment 188482

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello! New to overland culture, but have camped since I was a kid. Now that my kid is older, it's time to get back into it.
  • Arizona Rat
Thanks for the add!

View attachment 188488
View attachment 188487

OrangeDrink

Rank I

Contributor III

Phoenix, Arizona, USA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tang
Thank you!

• Arizona Rat
Thanks for the add!

View attachment 188488
View attachment 188487

Reactions: Kent R

FrankZA

Rank 0

Contributor I

4 Theal Street, Sasolburg, Free 1947, South Africa
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Dos Santos
Hello from Sunny South Africa on an overcast morning.
My wife and I have been doing this for a while, mainly in South Africa. I want to start expanding into Namibia and do more of Botswana too.
We have a Mitsubishi Pajero(Montero) 2006 3.2DiD
We love road trips and seldom stay in one place for too long but rather opting to explore further.
We love camping and we do trailer, rooftop and ground tent depending on what type of trip we are doing and the conditions of the roads getting there.
I personally love the off-grid type camping and we are pretty much set up for that. I know advertising is not permitted but if you can, come visit South Africa and the rest of Southern Africa.Katberg pass.jpg

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi all,

I'm Shea and I've been camping, hunting, backpacking my whole life. Because of that I've been down my share of back roads and always wanted a more capable off-road/overlander rig. Last year I bought a 93' Jeep YJ and had a blast cruising around the back roads around where I live. I promptly lifted the jeep put 33's on it and a bunch of other mods, hoping to run the Rubicon this year (the Rubicon is about an hour from where I live). Unfortunately, my Jeep was stolen on Christmas eve and has yet to be recovered (my guess is its parted out and long gone by now). Last month I bought a 2019 Toyota Tacoma and I'm starting the mod journey all over again. As of right now, the truck is stock but I've got some ideas. Nice to meet you all.

Rig: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road (stock with 13k miles on it)
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, or you can contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the new member threads, for some good information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar. You can find local meetups information, potential trainings and trail runs.

I look forward to meeting you out on the trail.

Mike

P.S. Are you the gentleman I spoke to in Georgetown yesterday? I was in the white 4Runner.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello from Sunny South Africa on an overcast morning.
My wife and I have been doing this for a while, mainly in South Africa. I want to start expanding into Namibia and do more of Botswana too.
We have a Mitsubishi Pajero(Montero) 2006 3.2DiD
We love road trips and seldom stay in one place for too long but rather opting to explore further.
We love camping and we do trailer, rooftop and ground tent depending on what type of trip we are doing and the conditions of the roads getting there.
I personally love the off-grid type camping and we are pretty much set up for that. I know advertising is not permitted but if you can, come visit South Africa and the rest of Southern Africa.View attachment 188553
Welcome to the OB crew, that is a beautiful picture there, maybe one day I will make it there to do some overlanding.

Reactions: Kent R and FrankZA

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everyone!

I'm Daniel, or Moose, and I'm in Middle Tennessee. I grew up camping and backpacking, and I even had a 35' travel trailer for a few years (until divorce took it :cry:). I was outside all day every day finding something to get into. In TN, there are plenty of places to hike, camp, hunt, swim/boat, and I did it all. I fell out of all things outdoors due to family, kids, work, school, etc. Now I'm getting back into everything and am excited to add overlanding to the list of things I enjoy. I'm going to use my daily driven 2008 Toyota Tundra. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can on here and hopefully getting to meet people and take some trips.
Hello Daniel, welcome from Phoenix.