Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys! My name is Jay.
I’m new to the Overland community here. I am highly experienced in the Jeep Honor Badge community. I wanted to branch off and try something new, and finally got around to this community.

I have a 2020 Rubicon JL
2.5in lift with 37s on the way.
Welcome to Overland Bound Jay
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m new to all this, have a truck lifted Nissan Titan and work for the gov in outdoor rec and want to get out more with the family. Favor USFS, BLM and other non NPS locations. Getting too old for tents and looking hard at a turtleback expedition trailer. Anyone know if you can attach a bike rack to the back of one of these. Need to be all inclusive w/family.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
John from Northern Illinois. Currently using a 2013 VW Touareg that I'm going to hand down to my son for his 16th over the summer and will be replacing with either a Ranger or Colorado. I guess of you are saying "vehicle dependant travel" is our definition off overlanding, I've got 40+ years of experience and have slept on the ground in 48 of 50 states. Little to no off-road experience other than beating the hell out of my 82 Scrambler when I was a kid. Hoping to find some good routes/sites and advice from the group.
Welcome to Overland Bound John
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @geekhouse23

graybaker

Rank III

Advocate I

San Francisco, California, United States
First Name
Gray
Last Name
Baker
Hi there!
1) Don't have a picture on my desktop yet, just phone. So those will come later.
2) Sacramanto, CA
3) 2018 Subaru Forester 2.5i
4) Novice. I used to take my 2004 4Runner on lots of BLM roads and have continued to do the same in the Subie!
Welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your U.S. West member representatives, if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike . You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob If the need arises.

Make sure to browse through the new member threads. They are choked full of good information and will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming meet-ups, potential trainings and trail runs.

I look forward to meeting out there on the trail.

Mike
Thanks Mike! Will do!

Reactions: Kent R

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Welcome to all new OB members!
Mark your calendars for the 3rd Sunday of the month @ 7:30 Pacific.
Everyone is welcome.
This month's topic and rally point information: Please RSVP on the RAlly point page.

Let's talk about what you really need and some you really don't.

I'd like to have everyone bring couple must have items that you think you can not live without, and that item you thought you needed, but really just don't use.

Be prepared to share links to the good stuff so we can bring it up on the screen for everyone to see.

Dial-in number (US): (605) 472-5383

Access code: 586895#

Link to Rally Point

The rally point has information to log in to this online event.
Call is Tonight
Hope to see you there.

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

swing

Rank I

Contributor III

California, USA
First Name
Shea
Last Name
Wing
Hi all,

I'm Shea and I've been camping, hunting, backpacking my whole life. Because of that I've been down my share of back roads and always wanted a more capable off-road/overlander rig. Last year I bought a 93' Jeep YJ and had a blast cruising around the back roads around where I live. I promptly lifted the jeep put 33's on it and a bunch of other mods, hoping to run the Rubicon this year (the Rubicon is about an hour from where I live). Unfortunately, my Jeep was stolen on Christmas eve and has yet to be recovered (my guess is its parted out and long gone by now). Last month I bought a 2019 Toyota Tacoma and I'm starting the mod journey all over again. As of right now, the truck is stock but I've got some ideas. Nice to meet you all.

Rig: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road (stock with 13k miles on it)

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Hi all,

I'm Shea and I've been camping, hunting, backpacking my whole life. Because of that I've been down my share of back roads and always wanted a more capable off-road/overlander rig. Last year I bought a 93' Jeep YJ and had a blast cruising around the back roads around where I live. I promptly lifted the jeep put 33's on it and a bunch of other mods, hoping to run the Rubicon this year (the Rubicon is about an hour from where I live). Unfortunately, my Jeep was stolen on Christmas eve and has yet to be recovered (my guess is its parted out and long gone by now). Last month I bought a 2019 Toyota Tacoma and I'm starting the mod journey all over again. As of right now, the truck is stock but I've got some ideas. Nice to meet you all.

Welcome, Shae.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi all,

Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build. Sorry to hear about your Jeep, nice choice of truck to build, one of my favorite vehicles.

hikermoose

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Cookeville, TN
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Norrod
Hey everyone!

I'm Daniel, or Moose, and I'm in Middle Tennessee. I grew up camping and backpacking, and I even had a 35' travel trailer for a few years (until divorce took it :cry:). I was outside all day every day finding something to get into. In TN, there are plenty of places to hike, camp, hunt, swim/boat, and I did it all. I fell out of all things outdoors due to family, kids, work, school, etc. Now I'm getting back into everything and am excited to add overlanding to the list of things I enjoy. I'm going to use my daily driven 2008 Toyota Tundra. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can on here and hopefully getting to meet people and take some trips.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey everyone!

I'm Daniel, or Moose, and I'm in Middle Tennessee. I grew up camping and backpacking, and I even had a 35' travel trailer for a few years (until divorce took it :cry:). I was outside all day every day finding something to get into. In TN, there are plenty of places to hike, camp, hunt, swim/boat, and I did it all. I fell out of all things outdoors due to family, kids, work, school, etc. Now I'm getting back into everything and am excited to add overlanding to the list of things I enjoy. I'm going to use my daily driven 2008 Toyota Tundra. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can on here and hopefully getting to meet people and take some trips.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build. I grew up in Tennessee north of Chattanooga, spent lots of time at Tellico Plains, Prentice Cooper and many other cool places to hike and camp.

hikermoose

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Cookeville, TN
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Norrod
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build. I grew up in Tennessee north of Chattanooga, spent lots of time at Tellico Plains, Prentice Cooper and many other cool places to hike and camp.
Thank you! Sounds like you grew up close to me. I'm about an hour and a half north of Chattanooga. I absolutely love Chatt and get down there every chance I get.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

While researching in preparation for my summer of 2021 Enchanted Rockies trip I stumbled onto this site. I thought I would stay. Thanks for the add.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
While researching in preparation for my summer of 2021 Enchanted Rockies trip I stumbled onto this site. I thought I would stay. Thanks for the add.
Welcome to Overland Bound
If you add Tacoma rather than the Zip, it will make it easier for members to include you in events.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors

Reactions: hikermoose

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,

Welcome to Overland Bound Shea
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Here is a local meet-up you might be interested in;
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @PNW EXPLR is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound