Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Gene here from Charlotte, NC. Newb to overlanding, but hoping to change that soon. Just signed up, waiting with great expectation for my badge number
Rig: F250 Super Duty
Ham: KG4YPJ
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
You might be interested in the OB Friday night Ham Net;

Hanzo

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Frankfort, MI, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Vandervest
Member #

I’m up in the northwest part of “The Mitten” right on the coast of Lake Michigan. My rig is a 2007 Tundra RCSB, but I’ve had a few Land Cruisers (60 & 80 series’s) and a v8 4Runner too. Not much experience overlanding but I have traveled a bit.

My current rig:

Attachments

Blake87

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Wake Forest, NC, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Blakeney
Member #

Hello,
My name is Eric

Current vehicle: 1987 4runner, also wife has 80 series Landcruiser
Overland experience: Beginner, have done a good amount of offroad driving but not much extended camping. So try to learn how to use gaia, and other map programs.

My 4runner is in the build up process, hope to be done by end of March or beginning of April. Wife's Landcruiser is pretty good to go, just minor tweaks.20190930_172836.jpg
IMG_8904.jpg

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Overlanders...
New member here as well as new to the Overlanding way. I have camped and been outdoors all my life. Have had bigger campers, medium campers, tents, but ever since it all started that meant load up, head to the lake, and park it for the weekend. We are ready for more. We are looking forward to new places, exploring, meeting great people, and learning. Just plain adventure as there are so many beautiful places and things we have never taken the opportunity to see. Based in south central Kansas we're pretty much right in the center of it all and ready to travel to find something that resembles a trail!

Starting with our 2020 Jeep Renegade because that's what we have. Also have a teardrop trailer we will be dragging along. Both are being rigged and geared up for the roads ahead. I'm sure wants and needs will change through the future but that's how we're starting out. Can't start until we just get out there. Should be fun and still room for the 2 furry ones!

Hope to see and meet many of you out there.
View attachment 187516
Hello Bruce, welcome from Phoenix, try trailsoffroad.com.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello,
My name is Eric

Overland experience: Beginner, have done a good amount of offroad driving but not much extended camping. So try to learn how to use gaia, and other map programs.

My 4runner is in the build up process, hope to be done by end of March or beginning of April. Wife's Landcruiser is pretty good to go, just minor tweaks.View attachment 187537
View attachment 187538
Hello Eric, welcome from Phoenix, you have a couple of very nice rigs.

Reactions: Blake87 and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Reactions: Kent R

Bruce D

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Wichita, Kansas 67235, United States
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
David
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ACØGQ
Hello Overlanders...
New member here as well as new to the Overlanding way. I have camped and been outdoors all my life. Have had bigger campers, medium campers, tents, but ever since it all started that meant load up, head to the lake, and park it for the weekend. We are ready for more. We are looking forward to new places, exploring, meeting great people, and learning. Just plain adventure as there are so many beautiful places and things we have never taken the opportunity to see. Based in south central Kansas we're pretty much right in the center of it all and ready to travel to find something that resembles a trail!

Starting with our 2020 Jeep Renegade because that's what we have. Also have a teardrop trailer we will be dragging along. Both are being rigged and geared up for the roads ahead. I'm sure wants and needs will change through the future but that's how we're starting out. Can't start until we just get out there. Should be fun and still room for the 2 furry ones!

Hope to see and meet many of you out there.
View attachment 187516
Hello Bruce, welcome from Phoenix, try trailsoffroad.com.
I will certainly do that. Thanks for the note!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
My name is Eric

My 4runner is in the build up process, hope to be done by end of March or beginning of April. Wife's Landcruiser is pretty good to go, just minor tweaks.View attachment 187537
View attachment 187538
Welcome To Overland Bound Eric
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Reactions: Blake87

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m up in the northwest part of “The Mitten” right on the coast of Lake Michigan. My rig is a 2007 Tundra RCSB, but I’ve had a few Land Cruisers (60 & 80 series’s) and a v8 4Runner too. Not much experience overlanding but I have traveled a bit.

My current rig:
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @James.Laidlaw

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello, my name is Benjamin Willis. I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and drive a 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat FX4. Pretty novice to the whole thing, Ive been on one trip to Colorado with my family before in my dads Cherokee and we’re getting ready for another trip to Colorado this summer.View attachment 187658
Hello, my name is Benjamin Willis. I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and drive a 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat FX4. Pretty novice to the whole thing, Ive been on one trip to Colorado with my family before in my dads Cherokee and we’re getting ready for another trip to Colorado this summer.View attachment 187658
hello Benjamin welcome from Phoenix

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound Benjamin
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cwilli17
If you need any advise about Colorado on your trip dont hesitate to contact the local Member Rep @trail_runn4r or the Regional Director @Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from the UK, just finishing our family off grid camper for some overland adventures when covid allows with wife, 2 boys and dog. Uk only this year hoping to push up to the artic circle in norway 2022.
Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

gmcnew

Rank IV

Advocate III

14990 Horse Crossing Place, Hughesville, Maryland 20637, United States
First Name
Gilbert
Last Name
McNew
Member #

Hello everyone.
I am an old 4wheeler since buying my first Jeep Wrangler in 1991. Yes, I am a Jeep guy and still have my original 1991 YJ. It has been sidelined for several years, but I hope to make it my restoration project in the coming year. I have also owned a Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Commander (currently undergoing my own Overlander build) and a Compass. Not sure that I would consider the Compass a Jeep, but is makes a decent commuter car. I am also an avid backpacker and spend most of my backpacking in the Monongahela National Forest of West Virginia. Primarily in the Dolly Sods area.

I have been watching the Overland movement for some time and thought what a great way to combine two things I really enjoy. My 2006 Commander is currently stock, but I am slowly adding to it so that it will be more Overland worthy. You know, the typical cabinetry, food prep, tents and slightly more aggressive off road capability. I am not making a mudder, that was the old days with my YJ. I just want to get out and enjoy the primitive and seclusion of Overlanding. I am really looking forward to getting out into the Greenridge area of Maryland in the next few months to start testing gear.
Hopefully I will see some of you out on the trail.

Thanks,
Gilbert

Mitoyam

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Victoria, Australia
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Mayo
Member #

Greetings from Europe - Slovenia my name is Jaka.
This is my rig: 2002 Land Rover Discovery 2
Been around overlanding for let's say 15 years mostly Europe and also a bit of Northern Africa.
View attachment 187742
Hi Jaka,

Nice to meet you, I am from Australia but would love to spend some time exploring Europe. Did you travel from Europe to Northern Africa in your car? I find it very interesting when people do trips across multiple countries and continents.

Cheers,

Tim