Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hey OB Community.

I’ve been a member for a couple years now but this is the first time exploring threads so figured I’d join in the introductions.

I drive a 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team which I’ve had since 2016.
Currently reside in the Midwest, based around Kansas City. Previously spent almost a year living on the road across the U.S. in the FJ before which was based in the Northwest, and originally from the Northeast.
I am experienced, whether it’s off-roading, camping, hiking, or being off the grid, but am always looking to learn and explore more.

I have met a number of members all over the country and look forward to meeting many more.

You can follow me on IG @ travelfarside. Keep well and hope to cross trails someday.
Welcome from NE Oklahoma! @igtyr6 is also a good resource but he’s easier to reach on IG.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone,

I’m new to the overlanding culture but not to the off-road world. Looking forward to learning with y’all and enjoying the outdoors with our vehicles!

I drive a 1997 Chevy Z71, could still use more accessories to be more survivable
Hello Kyle, welcome from Phoenix, it appears that you have a most capable vehicle already. It is next all about the level of comfort you desire.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello fellow Overlanders! I just got started last summer and setup my 2018 Dodge Durango RWD with a rooftop tent for camping with the kids. I’ve expanded my fleet to a 1981 Shasta Class C 22’ RV which will be my main rig with the little kids. Still renovating it but I’m so excited to get back out there (between the CA wildfires and COVID limitations we’ve been so couped up!!)

Cheers!
Welcome Kent, a warm hello from Phoenix.

Reactions: Kent R

01FJClere

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Ketchikan, Alaska 99901, United States
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Clere
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Ranger
Hey everyone, a newb to OB. I am here in Ketchikan, Alaska, and looking on the map there aren't a lot of us OB folks up here. My rig is a 1997 Land Cruiser Collector's Ed w 238k. I have to scour the ranks here to find out what I should be doing first. Thanks and look forward to meeting some of you at some point.

01FJClere

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Brad
Last Name
Clere
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Ranger
Gene here from Charlotte, NC. Newb to overlanding, but hoping to change that soon. Just signed up, waiting with great expectation for my badge number
Rig: F250 Super Duty
Ham: KG4YPJ
Hey Gene, I just noticed your handle there as Rangerrn and was curious as to what sort of 'Ranger' you might be referring to. I was in the 2nd Batt from 86-89.

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Welcome to all new OB members!
Mark your calendars for the 3rd Sunday of the month @ 7:30 Pacific.
Everyone is welcome.
This month's topic and rally point information: Please RSVP on the RAlly point page.

Let's talk about what you really need and some you really don't.

I'd like to have everyone bring couple must have items that you think you can not live without, and that item you thought you needed, but really just don't use.

Be prepared to share links to the good stuff so we can bring it up on the screen for everyone to see.

Dial-in number (US): (605) 472-5383

Access code: 586895#

Link to Rally Point

The rally point has information to log in to this online event.

Last edited:

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everyone, a newb to OB. I am here in Ketchikan, Alaska, and looking on the map there aren't a lot of us OB folks up here. My rig is a 1997 Land Cruiser Collector's Ed w 238k. I have to scour the ranks here to find out what I should be doing first. Thanks and look forward to meeting some of you at some point.
Hello Brad, a warm welcome from Phoenix. You have started out well by coming here Brad, now some pics of you rig would be next. :)

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey OB Community.

I’ve been a member for a couple years now but this is the first time exploring threads so figured I’d join in the introductions.

I drive a 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team which I’ve had since 2016.
Currently reside in the Midwest, based around Kansas City. Previously spent almost a year living on the road across the U.S. in the FJ before which was based in the Northwest, and originally from the Northeast.
I am experienced, whether it’s off-roading, camping, hiking, or being off the grid, but am always looking to learn and explore more.

I have met a number of members all over the country and look forward to meeting many more.

You can follow me on IG @ travelfarside. Keep well and hope to cross trails someday.
Hello Colin, a warm welcome from Phoenix, I like the composition on the last photo, leads the eye where you were headed making a person wonder what lays ahead, nicely done.

01FJClere

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Brad
Last Name
Clere
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Ranger
Hello Brad, a warm welcome from Phoenix. You have started out well by coming here Brad, now some pics of you rig would be next. :)
How's this? So, the first thing that is making this really difficult is that I don't have my own garage, so I have to rely on a local mechanic for the time being. We moved here a year ago and still learning about the place. I bought this 80 here for $4200 and apart from a small leak and burns a little oil, well, couldn't help myself. Just had the passenger's side knuckle rebuilt and will do the driver's side in the next couple of weeks too. Now I have this pesky leak in my roof which started about 2 months ago and not a good thing when it rains 140 inches a year.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
How's this? So, the first thing that is making this really difficult is that I don't have my own garage, so I have to rely on a local mechanic for the time being. We moved here a year ago and still learning about the place. I bought this 80 here for $4200 and apart from a small leak and burns a little oil, well, couldn't help myself. Just had the passenger's side knuckle rebuilt and will do the driver's side in the next couple of weeks too. Now I have this pesky leak in my roof which started about 2 months ago and not a good thing when it rains 140 inches a year.
Very nice rig, thumbs up

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Zombie response is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Bruce D

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Wichita, Kansas 67235, United States
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
David
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ACØGQ
Hello Overlanders...
New member here as well as new to the Overlanding way. I have camped and been outdoors all my life. Have had bigger campers, medium campers, tents, but ever since it all started that meant load up, head to the lake, and park it for the weekend. We are ready for more. We are looking forward to new places, exploring, meeting great people, and learning. Just plain adventure as there are so many beautiful places and things we have never taken the opportunity to see. Based in south central Kansas we're pretty much right in the center of it all and ready to travel to find something that resembles a trail!

Starting with our 2020 Jeep Renegade because that's what we have. Also have a teardrop trailer we will be dragging along. Both are being rigged and geared up for the roads ahead. I'm sure wants and needs will change through the future but that's how we're starting out. Can't start until we just get out there. Should be fun and still room for the 2 furry ones!

Hope to see and meet many of you out there.
Jeep Renegade 1a.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overlanders...
New member here as well as new to the Overlanding way. I have camped and been outdoors all my life. Have had bigger campers, medium campers, tents, but ever since it all started that meant load up, head to the lake, and park it for the weekend. We are ready for more. We are looking forward to new places, exploring, meeting great people, and learning. Just plain adventure as there are so many beautiful places and things we have never taken the opportunity to see. Based in south central Kansas we're pretty much right in the center of it all and ready to travel to find something that resembles a trail!

Starting with our 2020 Jeep Renegade because that's what we have. Also have a teardrop trailer we will be dragging along. Both are being rigged and geared up for the roads ahead. I'm sure wants and needs will change through the future but that's how we're starting out. Can't start until we just get out there. Should be fun and still room for the 2 furry ones!

Hope to see and meet many of you out there.
View attachment 187516
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @adventure_is_necessary @Iwata77
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Gene here from Charlotte, NC. Newb to overlanding, but hoping to change that soon. Just signed up, waiting with great expectation for my badge number
Rig: F250 Super Duty
Ham: KG4YPJ
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper
You might be interested in the OB Friday night Ham Net;

Hanzo

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Frankfort, MI, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Vandervest
Member #

I’m up in the northwest part of “The Mitten” right on the coast of Lake Michigan. My rig is a 2007 Tundra RCSB, but I’ve had a few Land Cruisers (60 & 80 series’s) and a v8 4Runner too. Not much experience overlanding but I have traveled a bit.

My current rig:

Attachments

Blake87

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Wake Forest, NC, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Blakeney
Member #

Hello,
My name is Eric

Current vehicle: 1987 4runner, also wife has 80 series Landcruiser
Overland experience: Beginner, have done a good amount of offroad driving but not much extended camping. So try to learn how to use gaia, and other map programs.

My 4runner is in the build up process, hope to be done by end of March or beginning of April. Wife's Landcruiser is pretty good to go, just minor tweaks.20190930_172836.jpg
IMG_8904.jpg