Joshua
Last Name
Cook
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force - Veteran
Good evening everyone! My name is Josh

Current Vehicle: 2012 Chevy Silverado Z71
Previous Vehicle: 2004 Jeep Liberty (KJ)
Overland Experience: I'll go with Novice as it's been a while since I've been off grid. My wife and I have been camping ever since we've been together. We've done everything from a tent, sleeping bags and a cooler in the trunk of our Chevy Beretta to our newest edition, our 25' Cougar travel trailer.

Our overland adventuring began with our '04 Jeep Liberty and an RTT back in 2013 as our family took 3 weeks to trek across the country from WA to MI and all points in between. Here's a picture from a stop we made in Butte, MT to celebrate the 4th of July.
Butte_4th_Celebration.jpg

We took some time away from our off road adventuring as our kids grew up and started a little glamping phase with a couple different travel trailers. However, now that our youngest is about to head off to college, my wife and I want to get back to our off-grid roots. I have since sold my Libby and I am now looking to build my overland rig on the back of our 2012 Chevy Silverado. She's a clean slate and I am pulling my list together for how I would like to outfit her.
Silverado_Before.jpg

I am looking forward to gaining overlanding insight from everyone and sharing our progress on our new adventures. I have already found some great information in the forums and on the YouTube Channel!!

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Overland Experience: I'll go with Novice as it's been a while since I've been off grid. My wife and I have been camping ever since we've been together. We've done everything from a tent, sleeping bags and a cooler in the trunk of our Chevy Beretta to our newest edition, our 25' Cougar travel trailer.

Our overland adventuring began with our '04 Jeep Liberty and an RTT back in 2013 as our family took 3 weeks to trek across the country from WA to MI and all points in between. Here's a picture from a stop we made in Butte, MT to celebrate the 4th of July.
View attachment 187304

We took some time away from our off road adventuring as our kids grew up and started a little glamping phase with a couple different travel trailers. However, now that our youngest is about to head off to college, my wife and I want to get back to our off-grid roots. I have since sold my Libby and I am now looking to build my overland rig on the back of our 2012 Chevy Silverado. She's a clean slate and I am pulling my list together for how I would like to outfit her.
View attachment 187303

I am looking forward to gaining overlanding insight from everyone and sharing our progress on our new adventures. I have already found some great information in the forums and on the YouTube Channel!!
Welcome to the OB crew

Reactions: Kent R

simarron

Rank III

Member III

5637 Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard, Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Simarron
Last Name
Chhoeun
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hi everyone,

I am pretty new here, also quite new to overlanding as well.

Rig: 2007 , Toyota FJ Cruiser

I am looking forward to learning from all the members here.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there are many different ideas waiting to be discovered and Incorporated into your build.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,

Welcome to Overland Bound
First off can you go to your profile and remove your exact address, just leave Sac
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Here are a couple local meet-ups you might be interested in;
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
Gold Country Monthly Meetup - Overland Bound
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good Morning Overlanders, I'm new here too.
My 2020 Toyota Tacoma is so clean I can't call it a rig, yet.
Born and raised in Sac. CA
I've been a teacher in SCUSD for 30 years, and will retire someday.
Looking forward to more dirt.
Funny two new members from Sac joining the forum at the same time.
First off can you go to your profile and remove your exact address, just leave Sac
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Here are a couple local meet-ups you might be interested in;
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
Gold Country Monthly Meetup - Overland Bound
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 187304

View attachment 187303

Welcome to Overland Bound Josh
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: CraZtallBoi

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi-I’m in the Bay Area and started camping in my twenties-I’m 50 now. We actually discovered camping on Federal Land when we were on our way to Pinecrest and weren’t able to find any open spots-so we traveled up about 1/2 a hour and found campsites we would go to over and over again through out the years. I have a young one now who goes with my wife and I so I do try to make it as comfortable for them as possible-unlike I used to do-just a tent, food and beer. Have a ‘17 Ram truck with a Tepui on a rack on the back. With Covid and all the fires last year-didn’t get too much camping but hoping this year will be better. Glad I found this group.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What’s up everyone my name is Ebenezer

Rig: Toyota Tundra

I’m new to the overland community but have been following it for a long time just never had a rig to go out & explore really looking forward into learning new things & place & hoping I can get to meet up with one of ya out there make new friends & just learn from each other
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514

CraZtallBoi

Rank II
Investor

Contributor III

Gig Harbor, WA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Cook
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force - Veteran
Welcome to Overland Bound Josh
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
@Kent R - Thank you for the welcome and the great information! I will definitely be digging into them and absorbing all I can!

Reactions: Kent R and PapaDave

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

View attachment 187304

View attachment 187303

Hello Josh, Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Ubiety and @Gabriel Bozeman are your closest member representatives.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

CraZtallBoi

Rank II
Investor

Contributor III

Gig Harbor, WA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Cook
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force - Veteran
Hello Josh, Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Ubiety and @Gabriel Bozeman are your closest member representatives.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound
@M Rose - Thank you for the welcome and for the detailed information about our US Northwest region. I am looking forward to diving into all this info and getting acquainted with everyone. Hopefully we can meet in person on the trails.

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@M Rose - Thank you for the welcome and for the detailed information about our US Northwest region. I am looking forward to diving into all this info and getting acquainted with everyone. Hopefully we can meet in person on the trails.
Hopefully we will meet.

AFern

Rank I

Contributor I

Dayton, Ohio, USA
First Name
Alexander
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Hi I’m Alexand my partner is Elba, we drive a 2020 4Runner TRD Pro in green and we are in the southwest Ohio area. We are novice riders but plan to do many many overland trips in the coming years

Attachments

Last edited:

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Good Morning Overlanders, I'm new here too.
My 2020 Toyota Tacoma is so clean I can't call it a rig, yet.
Born and raised in Sac. CA
I've been a teacher in SCUSD for 30 years, and will retire someday.
Looking forward to more dirt.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, you can find all sorts of neat ideas to incorporate into your own build.

Shipmanfam

Rank I

Traveler I

9434 Piney Creek Road, Parker, Colorado 80138, United States
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Shipman
Member #

I’m the newest!
I drive a 2nd Gen Xterra. So far modifications are limited... Titan swapped and soon to be re geared with lockers, & 35’s.
Colorado Native with tons of 4wheeling experience in the front range. Kids are now old enough to start enjoying camping so we’re going to combine it with 4 wheeling! I can’t wait

Attachments

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

I’m the newest!
I drive a 2nd Gen Xterra. So far modifications are limited... Titan swapped and soon to be re geared with lockers, & 35’s.
Colorado Native with tons of 4wheeling experience in the front range. Kids are now old enough to start enjoying camping so we’re going to combine it with 4 wheeling! I can’t wait
Welcome to the OB crew

Emrejames

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Emre
Last Name
Remeta
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6OES
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, you can find all sorts of neat ideas to incorporate into your own build.
Thanks T. doin my homework now.