San Jose, California, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bruner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6LQT
Thanks. I'm having a lot of fun figuring out what I inherited and what I think will work for me. The shelter in place order killed a couple trips I intended to do back in the fall so I'm hoping I can hit the trail soon and test it out.

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello,

My name is Norm. I just bought my first 4x4 this past November. It is a 2007 Toyota Fj cruiser. I am a newbie at this lifestyle, but I am looking forward to connecting with nature and other enthusiasts of the overlanding community. I look to learning a lot from connecting with everyone here in preparation for future adventures I'm looking forward to having. My goal is to start easy, especially since I'll be towing along my lady who is "cautiously" enthusiastic about getting into this with me.

We reside in Anaheim, CA.

Any questions and suggestions are welcome as I am learning, and will rely on resources made available here work on getting prepared and safely embarking on this very exciting path.

Thank you for the kind welcome. I'm very happy to be here.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads on the forums, there are a lot of ideas to incorporate into your build

Reactions: Kent R

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey, I'm Scott.

I've been dry camping and backpacking all my life with family and scouts. Learned to drive on '43 MJ at 11 years old on my uncle's ranch and have had Jeep under my skin ever since (fortunately my wife is very understanding of the illness). Trips to the mountains to explore fire roads and such have pretty much been limited to once a year, but now that the kids are grown I want to spend more time exploring. My own Jeeps have always been Cherokees and Grands and I can't believe I waited this long to get a Wrangler. I rescued this JKUR from an insurance auction and have been bringing it back to life in my driveway for the last 8 months.

I'm looking forward to getting out there and getting to know people and their rigs.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Keep at it, your efforts will pay off, if you are looking for inspiration on which direction to go with your project, check out the vehicle build threads, you can find all sorts of ideas to incorporate into your rig

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

1) Location - live in Highland Park CA (for now-looking to move)
2) Rig - 2014 toyota 4 runner SR5
3) Interests - tech - camping (doi) - teaching my son - music
4) picture is from storming Area 51 2019 (pretty fun!)
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello all, my name is Eddy. I drive a 2018 Toyota Tundra . Do mostly beach camping at Carolina Beach NC(Freeman Park). If there is anybody in the area hit me up if you want to hang around fire. We just started doing the camping thing. Excited to hit up the NC mountains this yr. I already found a bunch of useful info on here, cant wait to learn more.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Location - live in Highland Park CA (for now-looking to move)
2) Rig - 2014 toyota 4 runner SR5
3) Interests - tech - camping (doi) - teaching my son - music
4) picture is from storming Area 51 2019 (pretty fun!)
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, my name is Eddy. I drive a 2018 Toyota Tundra . Do mostly beach camping at Carolina Beach NC(Freeman Park). If there is anybody in the area hit me up if you want to hang around fire. We just started doing the camping thing. Excited to hit up the NC mountains this yr. I already found a bunch of useful info on here, cant wait to learn more.
Welcome To Overland Bound Eddy
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, I'm Scott.

I've been dry camping and backpacking all my life with family and scouts. Learned to drive on '43 MJ at 11 years old on my uncle's ranch and have had Jeep under my skin ever since (fortunately my wife is very understanding of the illness). Trips to the mountains to explore fire roads and such have pretty much been limited to once a year, but now that the kids are grown I want to spend more time exploring. My own Jeeps have always been Cherokees and Grands and I can't believe I waited this long to get a Wrangler. I rescued this JKUR from an insurance auction and have been bringing it back to life in my driveway for the last 8 months.

I'm looking forward to getting out there and getting to know people and their rigs.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

My name is Norm. I just bought my first 4x4 this past November. It is a 2007 Toyota Fj cruiser. I am a newbie at this lifestyle, but I am looking forward to connecting with nature and other enthusiasts of the overlanding community. I look to learning a lot from connecting with everyone here in preparation for future adventures I'm looking forward to having. My goal is to start easy, especially since I'll be towing along my lady who is "cautiously" enthusiastic about getting into this with me.

We reside in Anaheim, CA.

Any questions and suggestions are welcome as I am learning, and will rely on resources made available here work on getting prepared and safely embarking on this very exciting path.

Thank you for the kind welcome. I'm very happy to be here.
Welcome to Overland Bound Norm
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Narbob

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y'all, new here to OB. Based out of Gilbert, AZ. Would like to meet up with some people here for parking lot meets or some overlanding.
Good looking rig.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Prerunner1982

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey, I'm Scott.

It’s like you went to the pound to rescue your Jeep! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group had a big year with 7 trips and we are beginning to plan out 2021. Our next meet up will be February 14th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info

US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Don (@Gobi1Kenobi ), welcome from Oklahoma.
You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Kent already linked to the meet up section, and pre-Pandemic we had meet ups in the Phoenix area but they have been on hold, hopefully things can get back to some form of normalcy soon and they can resume. Keep an eye out for meet up info in the future.

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

iAmEbby25

Rank II

Contributor III

Senath, Missouri, United States
First Name
Ebenezer
Last Name
Rivera
Member #

What’s up everyone my name is Ebenezer

Rig: Toyota Tundra

I’m new to the overland community but have been following it for a long time just never had a rig to go out & explore really looking forward into learning new things & place & hoping I can get to meet up with one of ya out there make new friends & just learn from each other

Attachments

Paasche

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Bay Area, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Buenrostro
Hi-I’m in the Bay Area and started camping in my twenties-I’m 50 now. We actually discovered camping on Federal Land when we were on our way to Pinecrest and weren’t able to find any open spots-so we traveled up about 1/2 a hour and found campsites we would go to over and over again through out the years. I have a young one now who goes with my wife and I so I do try to make it as comfortable for them as possible-unlike I used to do-just a tent, food and beer. Have a ‘17 Ram truck with a Tepui on a rack on the back. With Covid and all the fires last year-didn’t get too much camping but hoping this year will be better. Glad I found this group.

Buck76Duster

Rank II

Enthusiast I

San Jose, California, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bruner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6LQT
It’s like you went to the pound to rescue your Jeep! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group had a big year with 7 trips and we are beginning to plan out 2021. Our next meet up will be February 14th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

Thanks Dave. I look forward to meeting you there. -Scott

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

I’m new to the overland community but have been following it for a long time just never had a rig to go out & explore really looking forward into learning new things & place & hoping I can get to meet up with one of ya out there make new friends & just learn from each other
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to go check out the vehicle build threads, there are a lot of really good ideas to discover and incorporate into your rig.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi-I’m in the Bay Area and started camping in my twenties-I’m 50 now. We actually discovered camping on Federal Land when we were on our way to Pinecrest and weren’t able to find any open spots-so we traveled up about 1/2 a hour and found campsites we would go to over and over again through out the years. I have a young one now who goes with my wife and I so I do try to make it as comfortable for them as possible-unlike I used to do-just a tent, food and beer. Have a ‘17 Ram truck with a Tepui on a rack on the back. With Covid and all the fires last year-didn’t get too much camping but hoping this year will be better. Glad I found this group.

iAmEbby25

Rank II

Contributor III

Senath, Missouri, United States
First Name
Ebenezer
Last Name
Rivera
Member #

Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to go check out the vehicle build threads, there are a lot of really good ideas to discover and incorporate into your rig.
Thanks yea I’ll be sure to check it all out

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi Robert
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group had a big year with 7 trips and we are beginning to plan out 2021. Our next meet up will be February 14th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

CraZtallBoi

Rank II
Investor

Contributor III

Gig Harbor, WA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Cook
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force - Veteran
Good evening everyone! My name is Josh

Current Vehicle: 2012 Chevy Silverado Z71
Previous Vehicle: 2004 Jeep Liberty (KJ)
Overland Experience: I'll go with Novice as it's been a while since I've been off grid. My wife and I have been camping ever since we've been together. We've done everything from a tent, sleeping bags and a cooler in the trunk of our Chevy Beretta to our newest edition, our 25' Cougar travel trailer.

Our overland adventuring began with our '04 Jeep Liberty and an RTT back in 2013 as our family took 3 weeks to trek across the country from WA to MI and all points in between. Here's a picture from a stop we made in Butte, MT to celebrate the 4th of July.
Butte_4th_Celebration.jpg

We took some time away from our off road adventuring as our kids grew up and started a little glamping phase with a couple different travel trailers. However, now that our youngest is about to head off to college, my wife and I want to get back to our off-grid roots. I have since sold my Libby and I am now looking to build my overland rig on the back of our 2012 Chevy Silverado. She's a clean slate and I am pulling my list together for how I would like to outfit her.
Silverado_Before.jpg

I am looking forward to gaining overlanding insight from everyone and sharing our progress on our new adventures. I have already found some great information in the forums and on the YouTube Channel!!