Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey All,

I'm Gretchen From Nelson, BC, Canada I'm no stranger to back-country camping or off-roading. I'm joining this form to get help planning a rig build (JL), to help me get farther than I can currently go. Currently I'm ripping around in my '06 Forrester, but I've had several first and second Gen Toyota pickups over the years. Really excited to have something that is both a little more capable and accessible.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. If you want some serious ideas on how to build your next rig, check out the vehicle build threads, I know you can find Ideas and inspiration to help with your build, I found several really good ideas by checking out other members rigs.

Reactions: Kent R

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi my name is Bruce

1) Fremont, CA
2) 2009 Acura MDX
3) novice
Love to take the family camping and hiking and now wanted to start overlanding.

I had the pleasure of meeting some of you during in Nov’20 @ Mojave Desert clean-up. It was a great experience and look forward to more adventures.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, you might just find something your MDX needs to get to the next level.

RodgerS

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Vallejo, CA, USA
First Name
Rodger
Last Name
Schuester
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike anytime. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure and browse the New Member thread. They contain some great information and will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming local meetups, trail runs and possible training opportunities.

Looking forward to meeting you out on the trail.

P.S. great looking dog, we have a Boxer as well. They are great travel buddies. Ours loves to go on trips with us.View attachment 187111
Ah yes, another Boxer lover. They are very adaptable dogs. You would probably enjoy coming Pheasant hunting with me. A Boxer hunts differently than a Pointer, but I get lots of birds without any problem, I just have to keep moving with him and be ready to shoot when he is ready to flush. I use a remote collar in vibration mode to keep him close by. tempImagezUoIMo.png

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi my name is Bruce

1) Fremont, CA
2) 2009 Acura MDX
3) novice

I had the pleasure of meeting some of you during in Nov’20 @ Mojave Desert clean-up. It was a great experience and look forward to more adventures.
Welcome to Overland Bound Bruce
FYI, we will be back in the Mojave Preserve in late april, watch for a Rally Point if your interested.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey All,

I'm Gretchen From Nelson, BC, Canada I'm no stranger to back-country camping or off-roading. I'm joining this form to get help planning a rig build (JL), to help me get farther than I can currently go. Currently I'm ripping around in my '06 Forrester, but I've had several first and second Gen Toyota pickups over the years. Really excited to have something that is both a little more capable and accessible.
Welcome to Overland Bound Gretchen.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello fellow Overlanders! I just got started last summer and setup my 2018 Dodge Durango RWD with a rooftop tent for camping with the kids. I’ve expanded my fleet to a 1981 Shasta Class C 22’ RV which will be my main rig with the little kids. Still renovating it but I’m so excited to get back out there (between the CA wildfires and COVID limitations we’ve been so couped up!!)

Cheers!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Central Valley @TOMB
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

I’m new to the overlanding culture but not to the off-road world. Looking forward to learning with y’all and enjoying the outdoors with our vehicles!

I drive a 1997 Chevy Z71, could still use more accessories to be more survivable
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @A-Aron & @Knitron

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello there. I'm new to the forum as well. I live about 45 Min SE of Niagara Falls.

I've hunted bear in Ontario and caribou way up in Quebec by the Hudson Bay (24 hour drive N of Buffalo) ... and went scuba diving in Tobermory...great shipwrecks there.

My wife and I want to do some overland exploring now.
If you know of any good overlanding type drives/trails/trips nearby, please let me know.

4 Runner is a bit dirty at the moment.....
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER. And we have a member rep who recently moved from your area but is still very knowledgable and might be able to help you out. @Hank Outdoors
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all! eriefisher here. I live about an hour west of Niagara/Buffalo between the lakes(Ontario and Erie) in Southern Ontario, Canada. Other than some semi regular road trips it's been a while since I've done any serious overlanding, at least off road anyway. I am recently retired/declared disabled, so I have started to take my passion of fly fishing to another level and overlanding will been the means by which it happens. Although it was something i did participate in when younger I won't likely be rock crawling or mud bogging but after the initial road drive I will be heading into the wilderness. Likely alone most of the time.
My current vehicle is a 2014 Nissan Titan SV King Cab with about 225k(140000mile). Really good condition and extremely well maintained. I will be scouring the forum for ideas about outfitting it better but right now other than a cap she's bare bones stock. Any suggestions let me know please.
My main goal this year is to drive west the the Columbia and Skeena river systems in B.C. to meet up with some friends and catch a few steelhead. This will be of course after I try and exhaust all the options here in the land of lakes(this likely will never happen).

Anyway, glad to be here,
Dan

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to post a pic of my rig.
View attachment 187089
Welcome to Overland Bound Dan
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @ryancarman
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi my name is Bruce

1) Fremont, CA
2) 2009 Acura MDX
3) novice

Hey Bruce

Thats great you saw us out there! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group had a big year with 7 trips and we are beginning to plan out 2021. Our next meet up will be February 14th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info

US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey my name is Clayton, new to the forum and happy to connect with people who share my same passions.

1) Location - live in Berkeley with my girlfriend, K.
2) Rig - 07 Toyota Tacoma sport sr5 (if you see me ignore the TRD off road sticker )
3) Dog - GSP puppy named frankie
4)Hobbies - camping, mtb/gravel bikes, fishing
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice.

Clayton_Martin

Rank II

Contributor III

Berkeley, CA, USA
First Name
Clayton
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Hey my name is Clayton, new to the forum and happy to connect with people who share my same passions.

1) Location - live in Berkeley with my girlfriend, K.
2) Rig - 07 Toyota Tacoma sport sr5 (if you see me ignore the TRD off road sticker )
3) Dog - GSP puppy named frankie
4)Hobbies - camping, mtb/gravel bikes, fishing

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey All,

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

nantonini

Rank II

Contributor III

Anaheim, CA, USA
First Name
Norman
Last Name
Antonini
Member #

Hello,

My name is Norm. I just bought my first 4x4 this past November. It is a 2007 Toyota Fj cruiser. I am a newbie at this lifestyle, but I am looking forward to connecting with nature and other enthusiasts of the overlanding community. I look to learning a lot from connecting with everyone here in preparation for future adventures I'm looking forward to having. My goal is to start easy, especially since I'll be towing along my lady who is "cautiously" enthusiastic about getting into this with me.

We reside in Anaheim, CA.

Any questions and suggestions are welcome as I am learning, and will rely on resources made available here work on getting prepared and safely embarking on this very exciting path.

Thank you for the kind welcome. I'm very happy to be here.

Buck76Duster

Rank II

Enthusiast I

San Jose, California, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bruner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6LQT
Hey, I'm Scott.

I've been dry camping and backpacking all my life with family and scouts. Learned to drive on '43 MJ at 11 years old on my uncle's ranch and have had Jeep under my skin ever since (fortunately my wife is very understanding of the illness). Trips to the mountains to explore fire roads and such have pretty much been limited to once a year, but now that the kids are grown I want to spend more time exploring. My own Jeeps have always been Cherokees and Grands and I can't believe I waited this long to get a Wrangler. I rescued this JKUR from an insurance auction and have been bringing it back to life in my driveway for the last 8 months.

I'm looking forward to getting out there and getting to know people and their rigs.

Attachments

Edsolis13

Rank I

Member I

Wilmington, NC, USA
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Solis
Member #

Hello all, my name is Eddy. I drive a 2018 Toyota Tundra . Do mostly beach camping at Carolina Beach NC(Freeman Park). If there is anybody in the area hit me up if you want to hang around fire. We just started doing the camping thing. Excited to hit up the NC mountains this yr. I already found a bunch of useful info on here, cant wait to learn more.

Attachments

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hey, I'm Scott.

I've been dry camping and backpacking all my life with family and scouts. Learned to drive on '43 MJ at 11 years old on my uncle's ranch and have had Jeep under my skin ever since (fortunately my wife is very understanding of the illness). Trips to the mountains to explore fire roads and such have pretty much been limited to once a year, but now that the kids are grown I want to spend more time exploring. My own Jeeps have always been Cherokees and Grands and I can't believe I waited this long to get a Wrangler. I rescued this JKUR from an insurance auction and have been bringing it back to life in my driveway for the last 8 months.

I'm looking forward to getting out there and getting to know people and their rigs.
Welcome Scott! That’s a good rescue project.