Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy.
Just joined.
I drive a 2008 Toyota FJ Crusier (Automatic) and a 2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab/Short Bed TRD Offroad (Manual). The FJC has an OME heavy suspension and that's it for the mods.
Looking to finish setting up the FJC for overlanding and then the Tacoma.
Started back in Florida in 1988 with a 1980 CJ7 that I pretty much tore down and then built up again. Friends and I used to go out to the Everglades (My CJ7, A CJ5 Golden Eagle, and a Toyota FJ40) and explore. We would avoid the mud holes junkies and explore farther in. We were young and broke, often with worn out tires, but we had fun and learned.
Worked at a Jeep dealer for a few months back around 1990 where someone gave me some VHS tapes, one being the Expediciòn de las Americas with Mark Smith and I was totally hooked.
Purchased a 1997 Jeep TJ Sport in late 2006 and got the first i6 in South Florida (or so I was told). Did a lot of off road and cross country driving in that TJ, was even homeless in Flagstaff in the winter living in it for a few months.
Had that Jeep until 2014 when I sold it and got the FJC.
Anyway, HOWDY!
View attachment 186265View attachment 186263View attachment 186263View attachment 186264
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland bound member Mike Arnold who was on the Expedition de las Americas with Mark Smith let us interview him a couple of years ago. If your interested Here is a link to that interview;

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,

New to overlanding and really have only been in a 4wd for a few years now, still plenty to learn. I'm in Georgetown Texas (Austin Area). I've got two rigs, the daily 14 FJ and the play toy an 00 4runner.

The FJ is still pretty new to me so maybe better shots to come in the future.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hey all. Long time backcountry traveller here; total novice doing it in a motorized vehicle. Family adventure is the goal and my 2017 Toyota Tundra has mostly seen attention given to safety and recovery when I inevitably screw up. Based in the Front Range and so far have enjoyed trips through the Southwest and Rocky Mountain west.
Welcome Brad! Safety and recovery is a great starting point, good choice.

Reactions: Kent R

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello all.

I'm new to overlanding, but I have been an avid camper my whole life, and I've been serving in the Army for 24 years this March.
I've been a co-pilot on the Rubicon for the last 12 years, and my wife finally let me get my own rig.
I have a 1997 Toyota 4Runner SR5
So far I've lifted it and put some tires on it.
I have been watching the You Tube videos and Instagram and felt you would be a great group of people to join.
I enjoy open fire cooking, adventures, and the outdoors. I am a great steward to our environment and I'm looking forward to the many adventures to come.
Welcome! Congrats on the 4R! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group had a big year with 7 trips and we are beginning to plan out 2021. Our next meet up will be February 14th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info

US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

Techniq808

Rank II

Enthusiast I

New Light, North Carolina, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Ruff
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K4RUF
Hi! Name is Chris in Wake Forest, NC.

I've been off-roading for about 7 years now, mostly in Uwharrie NC, but wanting to do more overlanding. So even though I created an account in 2018, I just became a member today. Wanting to get in some of the forest roads/routes in western NC, VA, GA and the outer banks are always fun.

Have an '09 LR3 with some mods: lift, 32.7", sliders, winch, skid plates, recovery gear. And pull a M416 with RTT. Also a HAM operator with callsign K4RUF.

BRE-2021.jpg

Last edited:

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
New member here! Name is Kyle, born and raised in southern oregon, currently reside in the Portland area. My wife and I just picked up an 04 Yukon XL as our base overlanding rig. It has a 3” lift on 33” Duratracs. We can’t wait to start outfitting it so we can start going on adventures! View attachment 186306a
Hello Kyle, welcome to the OB community. Where in So. Oregon did you live? I live in Grants Pass. Great to see another full size rig in the mix.

Reactions: KMFB503 and Kent R

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi! Name is Chris in Wake Forest, NC.

I've been off-roading for about 7 years now, mostly in Uwharrie NC, but wanting to do more overlanding. So even though I created an account in 2018, I just became a member today. Wanting to get in some of the forest roads/routes in western NC, VA, GA and the outer banks are always fun.

Have an '09 LR3 with some mods: lift, 32.7", sliders, winch, skid plates, recovery gear. And pull a M416 with RTT. Also a HAM operator with callsign K4RUF.

View attachment 186399
Welcome to the OB crew

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

New member here! Name is Kyle, born and raised in southern oregon, currently reside in the Portland area. My wife and I just picked up an 04 Yukon XL as our base overlanding rig. It has a 3” lift on 33” Duratracs. We can’t wait to start outfitting it so we can start going on adventures! View attachment 186306View attachment 186307
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. So get your gear together and go explore.

Reactions: KMFB503 and Kent R

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi all,

New to overlanding and really have only been in a 4wd for a few years now, still plenty to learn. I'm in Georgetown Texas (Austin Area). I've got two rigs, the daily 14 FJ and the play toy an 00 4runner.

The FJ is still pretty new to me so maybe better shots to come in the future.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. The best advice I can offer, to learn more about offroading and overlanding is to just go out and explore, you will learn as you go, go have an adventure, but I have to warn you it can be addicting.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey overland bound, I’m currently located in Northern California and I’m setting up a 2019 f250 super duty for a BC trip. Currently the truck is set up with full vault boxes/sportsman snug top with roof rack/2.5 inch leveling kit and 37 inch Nitto ridge grapplers. Looking to set up a RIGD tire carrier and hidden winch next.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey all. Long time backcountry traveller here; total novice doing it in a motorized vehicle. Family adventure is the goal and my 2017 Toyota Tundra has mostly seen attention given to safety and recovery when I inevitably screw up. Based in the Front Range and so far have enjoyed trips through the Southwest and Rocky Mountain west.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. It sounds like you are in a hotspot for adventuring.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Howdy.
Just joined.
I drive a 2008 Toyota FJ Crusier (Automatic) and a 2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab/Short Bed TRD Offroad (Manual). The FJC has an OME heavy suspension and that's it for the mods.
Looking to finish setting up the FJC for overlanding and then the Tacoma.
Started back in Florida in 1988 with a 1980 CJ7 that I pretty much tore down and then built up again. Friends and I used to go out to the Everglades (My CJ7, A CJ5 Golden Eagle, and a Toyota FJ40) and explore. We would avoid the mud holes junkies and explore farther in. We were young and broke, often with worn out tires, but we had fun and learned.
Worked at a Jeep dealer for a few months back around 1990 where someone gave me some VHS tapes, one being the Expediciòn de las Americas with Mark Smith and I was totally hooked.
Purchased a 1997 Jeep TJ Sport in late 2006 and got the first i6 in South Florida (or so I was told). Did a lot of off road and cross country driving in that TJ, was even homeless in Flagstaff in the winter living in it for a few months.
Had that Jeep until 2014 when I sold it and got the FJC.
Anyway, HOWDY!
View attachment 186265View attachment 186263View attachment 186263View attachment 186264
Welcome to the OB crew, you really have a nice setup on your Jeep, I hope I get the chance to see it up close one day.

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Hi to all you new OB members!
I just posted up a rally point to a reoccurring call we do up here in the Inland Northwest.
The call is on the 3rd Sunday of the month at 7:30pm Pacific.
Topics vary, but I thought this would be a good topic for anyone new to overlanding.
RSVP here on the Rally Point Page: What do I REALLY need ??
Calling in works, but I do screen share quite a bit of information.

Dial-in number (US): (605) 472-5383

Access code: 586895#

International dial-in numbers: FreeConferenceCall.com

Online meeting ID: stevemarchiando

Join the online meeting: FreeConferenceCall.com

For additional assistance connecting to the meeting text "Call Me" to the Dial-In number above and you will be called into the conference. Message and data rates may apply.

Just corrected the Rally point time
Correct time is 7:30 for the call.

Contributor III

Hey Yall!
Hope everybody's '21 is off to an above average start!!
I'm based out of Long Beach, CA. I've been "overlanding" i guess, since before it was really a recognized thing...
I drive a 1994 YJ Wrangler that has a bit over 350k on the ticker, 33" BFG MT's, 3" lift and a modest list of other mods. I've done all the work on it, and I've had it in all 48 contiguous states, Canada and ole Mexico.and she has been very well abused and loved.
The YJ is a pretty small platform for doing extended trips in, but I can get gear in for at least 10 days straight in the bush and still be very comfortable and well fed
I'm interested in expanding my circle of wheeling friends and to get out to some new far off places. Aaannnd.....I'm trying to calendar a Rubicon trail trip this year since work forced me to miss KOH this year. Dang it....I should be on the lake bed right now......
Anyway, hit me up if yall find yourselves in the LB area or....really....anywhere in the southwest.
Keep the rubber side down folks!!

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey Yall!
Hope everybody's '21 is off to an above average start!!
I'm based out of Long Beach, CA. I've been "overlanding" i guess, since before it was really a recognized thing...
I drive a 1994 YJ Wrangler that has a bit over 350k on the ticker, 33" BFG MT's, 3" lift and a modest list of other mods. I've done all the work on it, and I've had it in all 48 contiguous states, Canada and ole Mexico.and she has been very well abused and loved.
The YJ is a pretty small platform for doing extended trips in, but I can get gear in for at least 10 days straight in the bush and still be very comfortable and well fed
I'm interested in expanding my circle of wheeling friends and to get out to some new far off places. Aaannnd.....I'm trying to calendar a Rubicon trail trip this year since work forced me to miss KOH this year. Dang it....I should be on the lake bed right now......
Anyway, hit me up if yall find yourselves in the LB area or....really....anywhere in the southwest.
Keep the rubber side down folks!!
Welcome to the OB crew, hopefully we will meet on a trail someday.

Wildlight

Rank II

Contributor III

Victoria, BC, Canada
First Name
Don
Last Name
Laidlaw
Member #

Good day from Western Canada fellow outdoor enthusiasts! I’m based on Vancouver Island and have outfitted my 5th 4Runner (‘19 TRD Pro) to get me comfortably and safely into the bush to photograph wildlife. Looking forward to pouring through the forums and getting to know some of you!

Attachments

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello from Kenmore Washington located just north of Seattle. I’m excited to get involved in exploring the backroads of the PNW. I drive a 2019 Chevy Colorado that Im gradually outfitting.
See you on the trails!
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Good day from Western Canada fellow outdoor enthusiasts! I’m based on Vancouver Island and have outfitted my 5th 4Runner (‘19 TRD Pro) to get me comfortably and safely into the bush to photograph wildlife. Looking forward to pouring through the forums and getting to know some of you!
Welcome to the OB crew, I also share a passion for wildlife photography, I plan on several trips this spring to the mountains to do some trails and hopefully find some excellent photo ops