Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings one and all!
Just wanted to introduce myself. My rig is a 2018 Ram 2500 4x4. I purchased it at the beginning of the covid lockdown and set it upm as my daily driver and our family camping rig. I have a loiter designs rack system with an Ikamper tent, installed the decked drawer system and a frontrunner roof rack. looking to add some suspension upgrades and bumper with winch soon. Absolutely love the truck and the places it has taken us that we wouldn't have ever seen otherwise. Looking forward to a two day off road driving course in february and to learn a lot from all you fellow travelers . I'm located in Long Beach California and also have a cabin up in Pine Mountain Club we like to get out to as often as possible. looking forward to doing Mojave road this spring.
cheers
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Here is a page you might be interested in;

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Columbus, OH. I am new to overlanding, but have some experience rock crawling. My rig (RYNO) is a 2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon sitting on 35” ko2s with a 2.5” lift. I am an avid fisherman and the cannon looking box on my roof rack is a fishing rod holder. I literally get asked about that once a week. .

My goal is to be a sponge and do my best to learn everything I can from you guys. Although Central Ohio does not seem to be bursting with overlanding opportunities, I am open to some travel to experience what all life has to offer.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome up to this point.

Ryan
Welcome to Overland Bound Ryan
Good looking rig.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @James.Laidlaw

Reactions: RYNO77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Nice to meet everyone, My name is Patrick, From Richmond ky.
Grew up on backroads, and trails around lake cumberland.
Current Vehicle is a 2021 Honda Passport with Upgraded tires, Skidplates, slight lift. more to come.
Looking forward to meeting some more ppl , and getting out on some new trails! Glad to be a part of this Community!
Welcome To Overland Bound Patrick
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My names Bert. I’m in Southeastern Utah. (about 2 hours from Moab)I’m super stoked to be apart of this community! I’d say I’m more on an intermediate level of overlanding, but I’m super excited to hone my skills and help others do the same! I drive a 2018 Chevy Colorado Zr2.
Welcome to Overland Bound Bert
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @A-Aron & @Knitron

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, just wanted to introduce myself real quick, my name is Regina, I am new to overlanding and would love to find people in my area, Alabama is not know for overlanding, but I love camping and would love to find the off grid campsites near me. I have a roof top tent as well.

Vehicles: Ford F-250 and Ford Escape
Interest: camping, roof top tents, easy trails, swimming, horseback riding, and just being outside.
Would love to meet new camping friends!
Welcome To Overland Bound Regina.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u (AL), @Hank Outdoors (TN), @Cwilli17 (MS)

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Good Afternoon all!

Im new here but wanted to say hi! We've been traveling for almost five years, got stuck for a while in Honduras but got out and just made it to Littleton, Colorado! My wife and I are going to hang here for a while until life levels out again and then back out on the road. I grew up in Colorado so while here Im excited to explore again and see it all! We drive a 95 Range Rover Classic 2.8 diesel named Reggie who now that we are settled for a bit is going to get worked over and redesigned and then be ready for springtime adventure again! I added a couple pics from last couple of years and I hope to me all of you one day!
Cheers and have a great life!
View attachment 185728
View attachment 185729
welcome Tim! Gorgeous rig!

Paco

Rank IV

Traveler III

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Hi All,

Happy to have found the group. I am new to overloading with some off road experience many, many years ago in my first truck, a 1971 International Scout II (wish I still had it).

Current rig: Land Cruiser UZJ100 ('06) — slowly building it out, with the goal of getting out on family trips and fly fishing outings

Looking forward to getting to know the community and participating.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Thank you, Kent!

Reactions: Kent R

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi All,

Happy to have found the group. I am new to overlanding with some off road experience many, many years ago in my first truck, a 1971 International Scout II (wish I still had it).

Current rig: Land Cruiser UZJ100 ('06) — slowly building it out, with the goal of getting out on family trips and fly fishing outings

Welcome to the OB crew

Reactions: Kent R and Paco

Paco

Rank IV

Traveler III

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Hi All,

Happy to have found the group. I am new to overlanding with some off road experience many, many years ago in my first truck, a 1971 International Scout II (wish I still had it).

Welcome to the OB crew
Thanks!

Henry's Odyssey

Rank III

Traveler III

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
First Name
Jermaine
Last Name
Henry
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hi all,

Name's Henry
Don't have a noteworthy rig yet. I road trip in rentals or my 2014 Camry:sweatsmile:. I am Super interested in replacing it with a Honda Ridgeline (maybe this year).
Outside of driving LMTVs and setting up camp with the Army Reserves, I'm definitely a novice with 0 off-roading experience and a little bit of camping experience.

I enjoy chilling out in nature, road tripping and like learning new skills, especially camping, hunting and first aid.

Looking forward to updating you all with my actual rig soon enough.

NiteSky

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Shoreline, Washington 98155, United States
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McCabe
Member #

Hi all,

Name's Henry
Don't have a noteworthy rig yet. I road trip in rentals or my 2014 Camry:sweatsmile:. I am Super interested in replacing it with a Honda Ridgeline (maybe this year).
Outside of driving LMTVs and setting up camp with the Army Reserves, I'm definitely a novice with 0 off-roading experience and a little bit of camping experience.

I enjoy chilling out in nature, road tripping and like learning new skills, especially camping, hunting and first aid.

Welcome, Henry! Honestly from some of your background it sounds like you may have more experience than you think.

I’m brand new to overlanding myself but have camped quite a bit. Also have only some limited Offroad experience, nothing super technical.

Those ridgelines are super solid! Any build plans yet for when you get it or are you going to get something first and then start planning?

I definitely recommend searching YouTube if you haven’t already for build ideas, overlanding tips, and even off-roading tips. Asking questions in forums and watching YouTube has been my main source of learning.

Also, even if you stick with your Camry for awhile, you can still rock it. There’s a channel called ForestyForest and he had an old 2wd Chevy minivan with no clearance that he did some really great trips in. You can make anything work!

Henry's Odyssey

Rank III

Traveler III

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
First Name
Jermaine
Last Name
Henry
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Welcome, Henry! Honestly from some of your background it sounds like you may have more experience than you think.

I’m brand new to overlanding myself but have camped quite a bit. Also have only some limited Offroad experience, nothing super technical.

Those ridgelines are super solid! Any build plans yet for when you get it or are you going to get something first and then start planning?

I definitely recommend searching YouTube if you haven’t already for build ideas, overlanding tips, and even off-roading tips. Asking questions in forums and watching YouTube has been my main source of learning.

Also, even if you stick with your Camry for awhile, you can still rock it. There’s a channel called ForestyForest and he had an old 2wd Chevy minivan with no clearance that he did some really great trips in. You can make anything work!
Thanks NiteSky. I appreciate the vote of confidence.

I've been eying a Ridgeline for a few years now. I've always wanted a Tacoma, but after considering it for a while, most of what I do is on paved road and in the city. With the car-like feel and extra room compared to a Taco, I'm pretty set on the RL.

As for plans, I'd like to get away with only getting as much a lift as needed for the biggest wheels I can get away with, a skid plate or 2 and running boards to protect my investment. -> If it proves capable enough maybe I'll invest in a bed rack that isn't too tall to hold gear -> If I still have the itch to burn more money I'll get a RTT, but at that point I might reevaluate things.
Biggest tires + the least lift needed to fit said tires and absorb bumps + skids :sunglasses:.

P.S. I'll definitely check out that YT channel. It's my version of TV anyway and I always need new shows. lol

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi all,

Name's Henry

Welcome to the OB crew, for tons of useful information, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, and make sure to ask questions. Our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer advice.

Wyatt Family

Rank III

Contributor III

Reno, NV 89523, USA
First Name
Janeane
Last Name
Wyatt
Member #

Hi there! We’re the Wyatt Family and are new members (JUST ordered our kit yesterday). Super excited to be here. We’re a family of five living in Reno, NV. We love adventure, and as a homeschool family (for the past 7 years), we have the flexibility to just go when we want. We’re overland newbies, but have been avid campers/hikers/outdoorsy people for decades. We have a 2007 Ford Explorer and recently acquired a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. Super happy to be here!

Last edited:

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi there! We’re the Wyatt Family and are new members (JUST ordered our kit yesterday). Super excited to be here. We’re a family of five living in Reno, NV. We love adventure, and as a homeschool family (for the past 7 years), we have the flexibility to just go when we want. We’re overland newbies, but have been avid campers/hikers/outdoorsy people for decades. We have a 2007 Ford Explorer and recently acquired a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. Super happy to be here!
Welcome to the OB crew Wyatt Family, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice.

Budstr8

Rank 0

Contributor I

El Paso, TX, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Straight
Hello all, new here to the Overland Bound group. My name is Anthony and I'm in El Paso, Texas. I'm just getting into the overlanding thing, but have been four wheeling the southwest desert for a long time. I currently drive a 2015 Silverado 2500HD. It has a leveling kit and larger tires on the stock rims, but not much else at this point. I look forward to many future upgrades.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, new here to the Overland Bound group. My name is Anthony and I'm in El Paso, Texas. I'm just getting into the overlanding thing, but have been four wheeling the southwest desert for a long time. I currently drive a 2015 Silverado 2500HD. It has a leveling kit and larger tires on the stock rims, but not much else at this point. I look forward to many future upgrades.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @USStrongman & @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, new from here from Ontario Canada. View attachment 185970
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @ryancarman
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: ryancarman