Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello from Columbus, OH. I am new to overlanding, but have some experience rock crawling. My rig (RYNO) is a 2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon sitting on 35” ko2s with a 2.5” lift. I am an avid fisherman and the cannon looking box on my roof rack is a fishing rod holder. I literally get asked about that once a week. .

My goal is to be a sponge and do my best to learn everything I can from you guys. Although Central Ohio does not seem to be bursting with overlanding opportunities, I am open to some travel to experience what all life has to offer.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome up to this point.

Ryan
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started soaking up some of that knowledge you are seeking head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a ton of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding. Be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and help with any issue that arise.

Reactions: Kent R and RYNO77

raindog

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
david
Last Name
bridson
Member #

Greetings one and all!
Just wanted to introduce myself. My rig is a 2018 Ram 2500 4x4. I purchased it at the beginning of the covid lockdown and set it upm as my daily driver and our family camping rig. I have a loiter designs rack system with an Ikamper tent, installed the decked drawer system and a frontrunner roof rack. looking to add some suspension upgrades and bumper with winch soon. Absolutely love the truck and the places it has taken us that we wouldn't have ever seen otherwise. Looking forward to a two day off road driving course in february and to learn a lot from all you fellow travelers . I'm located in Long Beach California and also have a cabin up in Pine Mountain Club we like to get out to as often as possible. looking forward to doing Mojave road this spring.
cheers

Attachments

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Greetings one and all!
Just wanted to introduce myself. My rig is a 2018 Ram 2500 4x4. I purchased it at the beginning of the covid lockdown and set it upm as my daily driver and our family camping rig. I have a loiter designs rack system with an Ikamper tent, installed the decked drawer system and a frontrunner roof rack. looking to add some suspension upgrades and bumper with winch soon. Absolutely love the truck and the places it has taken us that we wouldn't have ever seen otherwise. Looking forward to a two day off road driving course in february and to learn a lot from all you fellow travelers . I'm located in Long Beach California and also have a cabin up in Pine Mountain Club we like to get out to as often as possible. looking forward to doing Mojave road this spring.
cheers
Welcome to the OB crew, awesome picture, i love to see people out enjoying the great outdoors especially during cold/snowy weather, it is my favorite season. To get some great information to help you on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a ton of useful information about almost every aspect of overlanding and if you have questions, post them up, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer any of your questions and offer advice.

Reactions: Kent R and raindog

Reg

Rank II

Contributor III

Littleton, CO, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Parsley
Member #

Good Afternoon all!

Im new here but wanted to say hi! We've been traveling for almost five years, got stuck for a while in Honduras but got out and just made it to Littleton, Colorado! My wife and I are going to hang here for a while until life levels out again and then back out on the road. I grew up in Colorado so while here Im excited to explore again and see it all! We drive a 95 Range Rover Classic 2.8 diesel named Reggie who now that we are settled for a bit is going to get worked over and redesigned and then be ready for springtime adventure again! I added a couple pics from last couple of years and I hope to me all of you one day!
Cheers and have a great life!
IMG_7672.JPG
Reggie_Original.JPG

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi all, I am new to Overlanding and became interested in Overlanding after watching YouTube.

Location: Where George Washington Crossed the Delaware River.
Rig: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Experience: Tent camping and YouTube :)

I don't have an updated pic yet, but since this picture, I have added a Rhino Pioneer Platform and hopefully very soon to come will be a rooftop tent, 2.5 AEV Lift, and 35" tires.

View attachment 185659
Hello Surffishing Bum, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Good Afternoon all!

Im new here but wanted to say hi! We've been traveling for almost five years, got stuck for a while in Honduras but got out and just made it to Littleton, Colorado! My wife and I are going to hang here for a while until life levels out again and then back out on the road. I grew up in Colorado so while here Im excited to explore again and see it all! We drive a 95 Range Rover Classic 2.8 diesel named Reggie who now that we are settled for a bit is going to get worked over and redesigned and then be ready for springtime adventure again! I added a couple pics from last couple of years and I hope to me all of you one day!
View attachment 185728
View attachment 185729
Hello Tim, welcome to the OB community. Love the pics.

Reactions: Kent R and Reg

Superduty23

Rank I

Contributor II

Beatrice, NE
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Julian
Hey all!!
New member here looking forward to talking and learning from you all. I recently started building my rig with the goal of getting out in the backcountry riding my bike and camping with the fam.

Rig- 2020 4Runner
Home- Folsom Ca
Experience- novice but I did grow up 4 wheeling my 1st gen taco and playing in the mud lol.
Welcome!!!! Beautiful rig you have there!
Thank you. Looking forward to getting it dirty
If you ever make it to Arkansas let me know. Absolutely beautiful country and would love to show you around! Im the member rep for Arkansas.

I’ll be down in Bull Shoals in the next month.

Reactions: Kent R

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Good Afternoon all!

View attachment 185728
View attachment 185729
welcome to the OB crew

Reactions: Reg and Kent R

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Good Afternoon all!

View attachment 185728
View attachment 185729
Oh wow glad you made it safe! If you find yourself in Arkansas shoot me a message here or Instagram would love to show you around. Safe travels!

Reactions: Reg and Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Glenwood, WA - Columbia River Gorge
2019 TRD Off Road Premium
New to Overlanding
Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @PNW EXPLR is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Justinwrains

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Canon City, Colorado, United States
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Rains
Member #

Hello everyone
I’m new to Overland Bound One
I’m in the canyon city Colorado area in my unit is a 1994 Toyota 4Runner. I’m excited to start this new adventure adventure in life to see where it takes me.

Welcome from Pueblo West, @Justinwrains.

We just had a trip in your area a week ago. Wish you could have been there!

Have you ever been to Texas Creek OHV during the winter? I was thinking of planning a Feb trip there.
Yes Texas creek is fun with multiple trails did a few hours out there two weeks ago.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hello everyone
I’m new to Overland Bound One
I’m in the canyon city Colorado area in my unit is a 1994 Toyota 4Runner. I’m excited to start this new adventure adventure in life to see where it takes me.

Welcome from Pueblo West, @Justinwrains.

We just had a trip in your area a week ago. Wish you could have been there!

Have you ever been to Texas Creek OHV during the winter? I was thinking of planning a Feb trip there.
Yes Texas creek is fun with multiple trails did a few hours out there two weeks ago.
We came over from Springs on Old Stage and Gold Camp and then down Shelf. We did the Banks Loop and camped there. We did a few of the trails in Seep Springs and did a little hike to the overlook.

Reckon how much snow there is in Texas creek? I was thinking about another campout in February.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Glenwood, WA - Columbia River Gorge
2019 TRD Off Road Premium
New to Overlanding
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, where there is a ton of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding. Be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer advice.

Reactions: Kent R and TeachAO

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Good Afternoon all!

View attachment 185728
View attachment 185729
Welcome to OB, I live near you, and am relatively active with the the members here along the front range. (Good group of guys and gals) hope to get the chance to tag along on a adventure you're involved with some day.

We do have a get together planned for early June. Basically a weekend meet-n-great with some easy trails to explore in the area, it's a good way to get to know members.

3rd Annual Buena Vista June Jam (Colorado Front Range)

Paco

Rank IV

Traveler III

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Hi All,

Happy to have found the group. I am new to overlanding with some off road experience many, many years ago in my first truck, a 1971 International Scout II (wish I still had it).

Current rig: Land Cruiser UZJ100 ('06) — slowly building it out, with the goal of getting out on family trips and fly fishing outings

Looking forward to getting to know the community and participating.

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,

Happy to have found the group. I am new to overloading with some off road experience many, many years ago in my first truck, a 1971 International Scout II (wish I still had it).

Current rig: Land Cruiser UZJ100 ('06) — slowly building it out, with the goal of getting out on family trips and fly fishing outings

Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Paco

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good Afternoon all!

View attachment 185728
View attachment 185729
Welcome to Overland Bound
Glad you made it out of Honduras, sounds like things are getting worse with the new Covid outbreak.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r & @Fortis Overland
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hi All,

Happy to have found the group. I am new to overloading with some off road experience many, many years ago in my first truck, a 1971 International Scout II (wish I still had it).

Welcome!

Quite the Freudian slip there......"overloading"!

• Haha
Reactions: Paco