Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
From the PNW

Drive a Tundra

Know more about some things than others
Hello Matt, Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. From a couple of your other posts I’m assuming you are in the South Eastern part of Washington. (BTW putting your town in your profile really helps us help you). @PNW EXPLR is the Member Representative for Southeast Washington. @Sandpoint Steve is Northwest Idaho and Northeast Washington, @Ubiety is the Greater Seattle Area Member Representative, @Gabriel Bozeman for northwest Washington, While @jcgraves3 represents the PDX/Willamette Valley.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all im in NJ
Disable vet wanting to explore more than what's around me.
Novice w/ 2006 gmc sierra
Would love to see what mods have been done to similar vehicles
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, My name is Christopher. I'm not completely new to Overlanding but I am new to overland Bound and I'm happy to be here. I have been thinking of joining for a couple of years now but just never did until recently. I have a 2012 JK 2 door based out of Northern California. A couple of weeks ago my wife and I did our first desert run and completed the Mojave road. It was an amazing trip!
View attachment 183797
Welcome to Overland Bound Christopher
I agree the Mojave Preserve is an amazing place.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Recently got a 2017 Jeep Renegade and looking for tips, tricks and modifications. =)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Ready to hit the trails near south GA for a trial run.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

T_Forr

Rank V

Enthusiast I

Maryland
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Forr
Member #

Hey all, new guy here from Maryland! Very excited to see and be apart of this group. I grew up camping and exploring in and around Maryland, unfortunately life took control and that exploration kind of fell off. I recently purchased a new Ranger and am using it as an “excuse” to get not only myself by my wife out of the house as I feel getting lost is truly a great form of therapy. Currently in the process of building a bed rack and getting some essentials worked out on the rig and thrilled to get back at it this year!

DelerEagle

Rank I

Contributor I

Mississauga, ON, Canada
First Name
Deler
Last Name
Dawood
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N/A
Hi everyone!!!

My name is Deler from Toronto,ON . I currently drive a 2016 ram 2500 which I'm slowly modifying to an aev prospector to take on longer adventures with the wife. I've done lots of camping throughout the years but I'd say I'm a novice at overlanding. I'm here to meet new people, get advice and learn from experienced overlanders and ultimately travel the world one trip at a time!

Attachments

Ranger Paul

Rank 0

Traveler I

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Coon
Howdy y'all!

I'm a Texan that has now made the Raleigh, NC area my home. I'm Paul and my wife and I are new to the Overlanding lifestyle, but are eager to get our feet wet. I have a 2009 Ford Ranger FX4 that I am starting to build into a mild rig. I'm hoping to get lots of advice, especially with finding trails and stitching together trails to create a little bit longer one.

Attachments

rjralston

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ralston
New Member living in Middle Tennessee. 40 years ago we used to load our Backpacks in our Baja Bugs and go exploring and camping in the Deserts and Mountains of Southern California. Recently sold our Class C and still want to go Solo camping. Picked up a Truck Bed tent for my 2014 Ram 1500 and I am going to head out and explore. Don't seem to be finding lots of Overlanding equipment for my Ram but I own it and have the lifetime unlimited miles warranty so gonna keep it. Looking forward to learning what works and grow with each trip.

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Ford2201

Rank 0

Contributor I

South Jersey
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Westcott
New member here from Marlton, New Jersey. Currently have a 2014 wrangler JKU and a 1997 Jeep TJ. Looking to get out and explore more. Learned about this group from a video I watched about New Jersey trail from high point to cape may. Currently waiting to order the new Bronco when they open the order bank.
Looking forward to learning more about this group and over landing/exploring

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Jumpmaster

Rank 0

Contributor I

Tampa, Florida
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Pinzon
Hello all! Here to get some ideas on how to set up my new Tacoma as an overland vehicle. I have no overlanding experience in the USA/as a civilian, but I'm not a stranger to living in a vehicle, Hooah! I have a 4 years old boy and I plan on using overlanding to toughen him up! Please reach out with tips and tricks, what worked for you or not and if you had to do it all over again; where would you start prepping your rig?

Attachments

fjcarlson

Rank I

Contributor III

Erie, CO, USA
First Name
Freedom
Last Name
Carlson
Hello everyone, I am new to overlanding and can't wait to start logging miles.
Build: 2020 Toyota Tacoma 3rd Gen with 2" lift and aftermarket wheels/tires. Also added roof rack, bed rack, drawers, light bar.
I look forward to engaging the community to pick up tidbits that help along the way. Happy to join!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, I am new to overlanding and can't wait to start logging miles.
Build: 2020 Toyota Tacoma 3rd Gen with 2" lift and aftermarket wheels/tires. Also added roof rack, bed rack, drawers, light bar.
I look forward to engaging the community to pick up tidbits that help along the way. Happy to join!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r & @Fortis Overland

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! Here to get some ideas on how to set up my new Tacoma as an overland vehicle. I have no overlanding experience in the USA/as a civilian, but I'm not a stranger to living in a vehicle, Hooah! I have a 4 years old boy and I plan on using overlanding to toughen him up! Please reach out with tips and tricks, what worked for you or not and if you had to do it all over again; where would you start prepping your rig?
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here from Marlton, New Jersey. Currently have a 2014 wrangler JKU and a 1997 Jeep TJ. Looking to get out and explore more. Learned about this group from a video I watched about New Jersey trail from high point to cape may. Currently waiting to order the new Bronco when they open the order bank.
Looking forward to learning more about this group and over landing/exploring
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New Member living in Middle Tennessee. 40 years ago we used to load our Backpacks in our Baja Bugs and go exploring and camping in the Deserts and Mountains of Southern California. Recently sold our Class C and still want to go Solo camping. Picked up a Truck Bed tent for my 2014 Ram 1500 and I am going to head out and explore. Don't seem to be finding lots of Overlanding equipment for my Ram but I own it and have the lifetime unlimited miles warranty so gonna keep it. Looking forward to learning what works and grow with each trip.
Here is a thread for your rig; Full Sized Rigs
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors who is in TN