Brian
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4MBU
Service Branch
US Navy 1980-1984
Greetings folks. Benn lurking here a bit.

Waiting on my 2021 Bronco to get built.

I had a 1968 Bronco for years. More of a 3-4x/year rock crawler truck. Traded it <kicking self> years ago. My current overland rig is a BMW R1200GS. I'll include a pic. I'm located in Manteca, CA and sometimes in Boulder Creek, CA. (long story).

As far as overlanding experience, well.... Lots of week long trips into the woods on the motorcycle, and some rock crawling with my old 68 back in the day. I was sooooo stoked when Ford announced the new Broncos. I'm one of those folks who plopped down $100 on the first day.

I guess I'd consider myself a n00b. in the grand scheme of things here. Hoping to learn, make some friends, go on some trips.

Here's my current "overland rig"

58887280577__650DD58B-617C-48C1-B279-70E9500FBF17.JPGNice to meet ya!58889977046__EA58D77F-7391-417A-9467-AD6622FF62C0.JPG

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings folks. Benn lurking here a bit.

Waiting on my 2021 Bronco to get built.

I had a 1968 Bronco for years. More of a 3-4x/year rock crawler truck. Traded it <kicking self> years ago. My current overland rig is a BMW R1200GS. I'll include a pic. I'm located in Manteca, CA and sometimes in Boulder Creek, CA. (long story).

As far as overlanding experience, well.... Lots of week long trips into the woods on the motorcycle, and some rock crawling with my old 68 back in the day. I was sooooo stoked when Ford announced the new Broncos. I'm one of those folks who plopped down $100 on the first day.

I guess I'd consider myself a n00b. in the grand scheme of things here. Hoping to learn, make some friends, go on some trips.

Here's my current "overland rig"

View attachment 183696Nice to meet ya!View attachment 183697
Welcome to Overland Bound Benn
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

There is a local meet-up you might be interested in;
Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up

Reactions: TurkeyRun

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all! Happy to be a new member in what seems to be an awesome community. I'm not new to off-roading and exploring back roads but just starting out in overlanding proper.

I'm in the Seattle area and my rig is a 2003 Tundra SR5 V8 4x4. The only things I've done to prepare so far is a 2.5" OME lift with Deaver AALs and air springs to support the RTT/ shell setup. We've already got our RTT and should have our reinforced camper shell next month. My next big project is building out a drawer system in the bed with an integrated kitchen setup.

I'm excited to see what others have done and to get some tips and ideas!

View attachment 183685
Welcome to Overland Bound
Have fun with the build, thats a great platform.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: NiteSky

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Wichita Kansas. Im very new to Overlanding. I have a 2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost 4x4. Im slowly modifying it, but collecting camping supplies is the priority right now.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Iwata77, @igtyr6, @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @ for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi! Newbie to both this site and overlanding from the Houston Texas area. I've had my Jeep for a little more than two years and am loving putting it to the test and taking it to new and exciting places. It's getting up prep work done for a long trip to the Arctic next summer (2022).
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 & @USStrongman

Reactions: Petunia

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi folks.

My name is Dallas. My wife and I live in central Florida, and have been doing a bunch of car camping out of my 2WD F150 for the last year. Pretty much we drive up to GA, NC, or TN camp at a camp ground and go hiking. We've been enjoying it enough we want our trip to get more into the overlanding idea where the trip up and back is it's own adventure and not just 10 hours on an interstate. Due to our new dog not fitting in the current truck, we just bought a 2014, four door, 4WD F150 and are going to set it up for more adventurous trips. I'm looking forward to learning more and getting gear tips and new places to check out from the members here.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy folks,

My name is Brad, I’m 38 and I’m located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I have been doing a fair amount of overlanding my whole life, but recently have become more enthralled by the allure of exploring farther and more self sufficiently.
I grew up on the Oregon Coast and have had a bad fly fishing addiction since I was a youngster. As you can imagine overlanding has gotten me to some amazing rivers and lakes, as fishing and overlanding go hand and hand. About 3 years ago I finally reached the point in my life that I could afford the truck I’ve always wanted, a double cab longbox Tacoma. I realize that the long wheelbase isn’t necessarily the best for approach & clearance, but I have 2 kiddos under 5, a wife and a 100LB Great Pyrenees, so space is needed for our adventures.
My wife and I have explored many backroads around the Oregon/Washington area for the last decade plus. 2 years ago we bought a 16ft pop-up trailer for adventures with the growing family, which has been great, albeit not the easiest thing to maneuver on some trails (truck & trailer=35ft).
In the past year I’ve started putting some mods on the Taco, put a TRD suspension on it, accessory racks in the bed, new camper shell, racks, etc.. currently have armor on lead time and more new mods to come.
I’m super excited to become part of the Overland Bound community as it seems like cool people with the same type of interests as myself, along with the fact that overlanding is a super family friendly pastime that allows me to teach my children lots of cool things to do with vehicles & the outdoors. The vistas and sunrises/sunsets come as a welcome bonus.
Welcome to Overland Bound Brad
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey all! Happy to be a new member in what seems to be an awesome community. I'm not new to off-roading and exploring back roads but just starting out in overlanding proper.

I'm in the Seattle area and my rig is a 2003 Tundra SR5 V8 4x4. The only things I've done to prepare so far is a 2.5" OME lift with Deaver AALs and air springs to support the RTT/ shell setup. We've already got our RTT and should have our reinforced camper shell next month. My next big project is building out a drawer system in the bed with an integrated kitchen setup.

I'm excited to see what others have done and to get some tips and ideas!

View attachment 183685
Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Ubiety is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R and NiteSky

SizablePlum

Rank II

Traveler III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Swan
Member #

Hello, My name is Christopher. I'm not completely new to Overlanding but I am new to overland Bound and I'm happy to be here. I have been thinking of joining for a couple of years now but just never did until recently. I have a 2012 JK 2 door based out of Northern California. A couple of weeks ago my wife and I did our first desert run and completed the Mojave road. It was an amazing trip!
DSC02829 (N).jpg

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi! Newbie to both this site and overlanding from the Houston Texas area. I've had my Jeep for a little more than two years and am loving putting it to the test and taking it to new and exciting places. It's getting up prep work done for a long trip to the Arctic next summer (2022).
Welcome to the OB crew

Reactions: Kent R