Rank IV

Traveler III

Woodstock, Georgia, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Tree
Member #

Welcome to the OB crew, growing up in Tennessee, one of my favorite places to visit when I was younger was the Big Rock better known as” Stone Mountain”, GA
I used to live right around the corner from Stone Mountain for a couple of years growing up. I climbed it over this past summer. Great views from the top!

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to the forum but new to any off-road driving/overlanding whatsoever. I've spent a lot of time on trails in the past but most are via trail running or mountain biking. Excited to get into the motorized exploration side of life as well!

Location: Pocatello, ID (and trying to figure out where to explore in the winter around here!)

Rig: Recently acquired 2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE. Drove it up from Los Angeles so we're looking at A/T tires and some other changes right away. It'll take a few years but hope to get this thing ready for anything soon!

Let me know if anyone has info on groups or routes around Southeast Idaho!

View attachment 183298
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 183285
Hey guys,
Rig: 2009 Honda Ridgeline
Experience: Novice

I’ve driven the north eastern coast. Visited Vermont, and New Hampshire. Aside from taking the Ridge through Green Mountain National Forest in Vermont and camping I have no real experience. Something about that trip really got me going though. I hope to learn and meet new people here. Definitely trying to experience more of the outdoor fun !
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good afternoon everyone!
My name is Mike, currently beginning to get to the next level of the overlanding life. I’ve been around 4x4’s and off Roading most of my life, have trail camped a few times in recent years but want to get more in depth and adventurous with it.
I live in Michigan, right on the lakeshore of Lake Michigan. Currently, I have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler, but I also have a reservation on a 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands that I should be converting to an order in the next few weeks. These will be my primary rigs for overlanding. My goal this year is digitally mapping a loop of the Lower Peninsula of Michigan (the TAT was my inspiration), using nothing busier than a secondary highway (mostly trails, seasonal and dirt roads). Already mapped it out in my off road atlases.

I am married with 4 kids, my youngest son being diagnosed with High function, non verbal autism. That being said, he is my #1 co pilot, absolutely loves going for trail rides, and I’m hoping this will translate into an even greater enjoyment of the outdoor lifestyle.
My plan is to start this year tent camping while hopefully mapping out my “Michigan Adventure Circuit”, or “MAC” for short (college football fans might understand the reference lol). If I can take at least one weekend a month this year to do it, then that justifies spending money on a RTT or overlanding trailer, at least to me.
I also admin an off Roading group on Facebook, don’t want to break any rules so I won’t post the name of it unless authorized by an admin here.

In closing, I’m just here to watch and learn, ask questions, broaden my knowledge and horizons, as well as possibly help if possible or to chime in with some awesome humor .
Have a great weekend and Wheel on!
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @James.Laidlaw

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Obviously new here, hence the post. Been snooping around for some time, but had purged most of my social media a while ago to try and escape the lunacy. Planning on getting out a lot more this year, so figured i should actually become a member to have some resources for good trails and such.

As you can see, I've got a '15 Tacoma (like everyone else ) , and of course always adding crap to it. Lately I've been getting the cockpit all set up with the addition of a bunch of RAM mounts to hold all my electronics in some semblance or order.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

I'm Josh from the Atlanta area. I've got a 2018 Jeep Rubicon and have pretty limited Overlanding experience. I used to camp a lot back in the day, but with how jacked up 2020 was and the start to 2021, I need to get AWAY! I'm looking forward to meeting new people and exploring new places.

View attachment 183173
Welcome To Overland Bound Josh
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u & @Hank Outdoors

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi. my name is Aaron. I am in the DFW area. I have two "rigs" one is a 1998 4Runner which my son is currently driving, then I have a 2020 Chevy Trailboss I am currently rigging out. Novice when it comes to Overlanding, but I am an experienced hiker, love the outdoors.
Welcome to Overland Bound Aaron.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 & @USStrongman
There is an occasional meet-up in the DFW area that @Prerunner1982 can get you the information on.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. I’m Mike. I’m a complete novice to overlanding. I don’t have a rig yet, but have an order on the new bronco but may change my mind and get a truck for versatility. I currently live outside of Savannah GA. I’ve come to get a lot of advice and information for overlanding with a toddler and what gear and rigs work best.
Welcome To Overland Bound Mike.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan .

Dangerous

Rank II

Contributor III

Princeton, BC, Canada
First Name
Danni
Last Name
Louvros
Member #

My name is Danni and I am a new member as of ... like a week ago. Been watching the Channel for just over a year. My kids got me onto this YouTube thing ... and it has stuff such as this!! How cool is that!?!

I'm in British Columbia, Canada ... the Southern Interior. I've been doing this for years ... but mainly as a weekend warrior, as that's all the time I had. But I'd always wanted to do multi day Off road trips forever ... and getting to do this much more often now (like 10 years or so).

I have a 1988 Jeep Cherokee. 4.5" lift, 33's ... custom front bumper (only because I wanted to give it a go). Smittybilt rear swing away bumper. Roof rack (basket)... all the cosmetic things. But she is mainly stock everywhere else. And she is a BEAST! Gets me everywhere I want to go ... and most importantly... home again. I love the thing. I've had it 22 years, and it's our adventure mobile. My kids grew up in it... son was wheeling (in the carseat of course) at 2 weeks ... he slept great! My daughter was one.

Now, we are giving a make over to a 1989 Jeep Cherokee, that will become my daughter's. I'm doing everything myself. No, I don't know what I'm doing, I'm learning as I go ... as I mentioned with my front bumper ... I just want to give it a go, and learn. My son now drives a 1992 Jeep YJ ... my daughter needs to hurry up and get her license.

THEN! We just added a 1994 Suzuki Sidekick to our group for my girlfriend ... being passenger is boring. AND! she is now having a blast ... plus, she has a little lift, custom rear bumper, custom front bumper ... AND!! winch, for when I do something stupid. ... cuz that's what I do!

Attachments

Jeff T

Rank I

Traveler I

Cerritos, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Tend
Member #

Hi All,

Happy to be part of the Overland Bound community. My name is Jeff and I am in Southern California. I've been overloading for about 7-8 years. I drive a 2018 Jeep Rubicon JL. I'm excited to connect with like minded people and share experiences and tricks of the trade.IMG_3924.jpg

Last edited:
O

Overyodaland

Rig: 2020 Toyota Tacoma Sport with toytec lift, Baja designs fog lights and ditch lights, Cali raised light bar, up top overland rack and a Rigd ultra swing spare tire carrier, etc, etc, etc. The build is endless.
Experience: To start off with, I would hook up with friends and go four wheeling, sand, mud, swollen rivers it was all fun. Now I want to get into overlanding, exploring, making new overlanding friends and experiencing the great outdoors. I pretty much have my rig ready to go. Only thing I need is the overlanding tent, then I will be good to go. Glad to be here and look forward to meeting the overlanding family. Thanks

Attachments

Jay

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Canada
First Name
jay
Last Name
mysterious
Member #

Nice rig bud, try to find a few ppl with different tents to take a look at how and why they like/dislike them :). I personally put a premium on a good nights sleep so i forked out for a king size 4ppl one with 4 inches of matress xD welcome

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi All,

Happy to be part of the Overland Bound community. My name is Jeff and I am in Southern California. I've been overloading for about 7-8 years. I drive a 2018 Jeep Rubicon JL. I'm excited to connect with like minded people and share experiences and tricks of the trade.View attachment 183507
Welcome to the OB crew

Reactions: Kent R and Jeff T

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Rig: 2020 Toyota Tacoma Sport with toytec lift, Baja designs fog lights and ditch lights, Cali raised light bar, up top overland rack and a Rigd ultra swing spare tire carrier, etc, etc, etc. The build is endless.
Experience: To start off with, I would hook up with friends and go four wheeling, sand, mud, swollen rivers it was all fun. Now I want to get into overlanding, exploring, making new overlanding friends and experiencing the great outdoors. I pretty much have my rig ready to go. Only thing I need is the overlanding tent, then I will be good to go. Glad to be here and look forward to meeting the overlanding family. Thanks
Welcome to the OB crew, and if you have a tent, you can start overlanding now and you could upgrade to RTT later

Enthusiast I

NSW Australia
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Rig: 1989 Land Rover 110, ex-Australian Army "Perentie". Was FFR (Fitted For Radio), now FFC (Fitted For Camping). Upgrades include Defender hard top panel with Front Runner roof rack , disc brakes all-round, heavy duty clutch, long travel suspension, civilian 12V dual battery system fitted, onboard compressor, various surveillance model bolt-on extras (dual spare wheel carrier, underslung jerrycan carrier, interior bins/toolboxes, side jerrycan panniers), APT snorkel, Wolf rims fitted with dinky little 7.50/16 BFG Mud Terrain KM3s - in remote areas, 7.50/16s are a dime a dozen whereas big rubber is scarce.
Experience: extensive travel around Australia in the vehicle. In 2018 and 2019 I got dust on my swag from NSW, Vic, Tas, SA, WA, NT, Qld. Cape York, Gulf Country, etc. 2020 I was supposed to head off for a Perth to Darwin trip through the Kimberleys and Pilbara but like many here, my plans were stalled due to the covid-pocalypse. Maybe this year...?

20210111_185509.jpg
ElA1VO_U8AAdaCp.jpeg
IMG_20181014_083029_714.jpg
20180122_130246.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 1989 Land Rover 110, ex-Australian Army "Perentie". Was FFR (Fitted For Radio), now FFC (Fitted For Camping). Upgrades include Defender hard top panel with Front Runner roof rack , disc brakes all-round, heavy duty clutch, long travel suspension, civilian 12V dual battery system fitted, onboard compressor, various surveillance model bolt-on extras (dual spare wheel carrier, underslung jerrycan carrier, interior bins/toolboxes, side jerrycan panniers), APT snorkel, Wolf rims fitted with dinky little 7.50/16 BFG Mud Terrain KM3s - in remote areas, 7.50/16s are a dime a dozen whereas big rubber is scarce.
Experience: extensive travel around Australia in the vehicle. In 2018 and 2019 I got dust on my swag from NSW, Vic, Tas, SA, WA, NT, Qld. Cape York, Gulf Country, etc. 2020 I was supposed to head off for a Perth to Darwin trip through the Kimberleys and Pilbara but like many here, my plans were stalled due to the covid-pocalypse. Maybe this year...?

View attachment 183631
View attachment 183634
View attachment 183633
View attachment 183632
Great looking rig
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Aussie571
Your Regional Director is for Australia is @bjy10 for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: TheJungleIsNeutral

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Enthusiast I

NSW Australia
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Great looking rig
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Aussie571
Your Regional Director is for Australia is @bjy10 for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Thanks for the welcome Kent!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks for the welcome Kent!
We look forward to seeing more of you adventures. If your interested in meeting with local members just message your local Director or Member Rep.

Reactions: TheJungleIsNeutral

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,

Happy to be part of the Overland Bound community. My name is Jeff and I am in Southern California. I've been overloading for about 7-8 years. I drive a 2018 Jeep Rubicon JL. I'm excited to connect with like minded people and share experiences and tricks of the trade.View attachment 183507
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning