Rank II

Enthusiast I

The Woodlands, TX, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Kimball
Member #

Just joined the community today but I’ve been lurking for a while. I’m an avid traveler, camper and backpacker but I’m just now starting to get serious about integrating my passions into overlanding. I’ve had some semi-capable vehicles in the past including several Subaru Outbacks, a FJ55 and a GX470 but I’ve just upped my game by acquiring a Land Cruiser that I’m going to build into an overland rig. I’m planning a bucket list trip to Patagonia in about a year with my son and I’ve decided that overlanding is the way to go. I’m looking forward to sharing my build with like-minded folks and benefitting from the vast knowledge and experience of the community.

Last edited:

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Just joined the community today but I’ve been lurking for a while. I’m an avid traveler, camper and backpacker but I’m just now starting to get serious about integrating my passions into overlanding. I’ve had some semi-capable vehicles in the past including several Subaru Outbacks, a FJ55 and a GX470 but I’ve just upped my game by acquiring a 1997 LX450 that I’m going to build into an overland rig. I’m planning a bucket list trip to Patagonia in about a year with my son and I’ve decided that overlanding is the way to go. I’m looking forward to sharing my build with like-minded folks and benefitting from the vast knowledge and experience of the community.
Welcome to the OB crew and it sounds like you have a plan, if you need help with any aspect or your Patagonia trip, there are lots of vets here that are most willing to share their knowledge.

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Patrick (@Texas Cruiser ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Not sure where in TX you are but we do have some regular meet ups around Austin, DFW, and Houston.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps, @USStrongman is another and he is based out in west Texas, so if you have any questions let us know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Last edited:

Texas Cruiser

Rank II

Enthusiast I

The Woodlands, TX, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Kimball
Member #

Hello Patrick (@Texas Cruiser ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps, @USStrongman is another and he is based out in west Texas, so if you have any questions let us know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Thanks Jon. I’ll definitely visit the region page and joint the FB group.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Just joined the community today but I’ve been lurking for a while. I’m an avid traveler, camper and backpacker but I’m just now starting to get serious about integrating my passions into overlanding. I’ve had some semi-capable vehicles in the past including several Subaru Outbacks, a FJ55 and a GX470 but I’ve just upped my game by acquiring a 1997 LX450 that I’m going to build into an overland rig. I’m planning a bucket list trip to Patagonia in about a year with my son and I’ve decided that overlanding is the way to go. I’m looking forward to sharing my build with like-minded folks and benefitting from the vast knowledge and experience of the community.
Welcome aboard. What part of Texas are you in?

S A

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello Everyone,

I have had an account on OB for a while but never really posted.

I am in the SF Bay Area and have been for a while. I own a Black Jeep BU Trailhawk 2016, and really haven't done much to it until recently. I upgraded the shoes on the 17's with TOYO ATIII's so it is definitely more capable, roof rack, and side ladder for easy access. I am looking to build it up to be a RIG I can depend on. Lift, lights, kitchen, the whole nine. If anyone has seen some cool BU's out there let me know. I don't have that much off-road experience, so really do not know where to go, or how to find trails that are vehicle friendly etc. Like how do people get to those lakes where no one is around??tempImageF1hs43.png I also own a 99 Subaru OBS, which I am debating on if I made it into an off-road monster.

I don't have social media, so here is the best place for contact. Look forward to seeing you on the trails.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello Everyone,

I am in the SF Bay Area and have been for a while. I own a Black Jeep BU Trailhawk 2016, and really haven't done much to it until recently. I upgraded the shoes on the 17's with TOYO ATIII's so it is definitely more capable, roof rack, and side ladder for easy access. I am looking to build it up to be a RIG I can depend on. Lift, lights, kitchen, the whole nine. If anyone has seen some cool BU's out there let me know. I don't have that much off-road experience, so really do not know where to go, or how to find trails that are vehicle friendly etc. Like how do people get to those lakes where no one is around??View attachment 183123 I also own a 99 Subaru OBS, which I am debating on if I made it into an off-road monster.

I don't have social media, so here is the best place for contact. Look forward to seeing you on the trails.
Welcome to OB, officially, welcome since you made your first post.

Reactions: Kent R and S A

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Well, here i am.
Living in New Jersey
Born and Raised in Brooklyn, NY
Rig, is a 2018 Ford F150 Lariat FX4
and I am a beginner. Did a few easy trails but really nothing hard. I like it that way.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone,

I am in the SF Bay Area and have been for a while. I own a Black Jeep BU Trailhawk 2016, and really haven't done much to it until recently. I upgraded the shoes on the 17's with TOYO ATIII's so it is definitely more capable, roof rack, and side ladder for easy access. I am looking to build it up to be a RIG I can depend on. Lift, lights, kitchen, the whole nine. If anyone has seen some cool BU's out there let me know. I don't have that much off-road experience, so really do not know where to go, or how to find trails that are vehicle friendly etc. Like how do people get to those lakes where no one is around??View attachment 183123 I also own a 99 Subaru OBS, which I am debating on if I made it into an off-road monster.

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. New to overlanding here in the Midwest. Rocking a stock 2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon. Currently planning my build.
If you would narrow down your location a little bit from just the United States our Member Representatives could help you out a little better.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @USStrongman & @Prerunner1982

Reactions: PapaDave

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! Will here. I'm new to the group and the overlanding experience. Retired after 22 years in the military and still serving as a government employee. I have always been active in the BSA and continue to do so as my sons work to become Eagle Scouts. Very much love survival and minimalist camping. I have always been a big outdoor enthusiast. Love hiking and hammock camping but my back has pretty much said no more. I have recently purchased a 2020 Ford Ranger and working on my build. I currently live in Kentucky and looking forward to hitting the trails this Spring. If there are any groups in the Fort Knox area please reach out. Attached is my beginning.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @Hank Outdoors

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello Everyone,

Glad you made it here! We have a meet up today! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group had a big year with 7 trips and we are beginning to plan out 2021. Our next meet up will be January 10th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info

MMett

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Savannah, GA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Mettler
Hello all. I’m Mike. I’m a complete novice to overlanding. I don’t have a rig yet, but have an order on the new bronco but may change my mind and get a truck for versatility. I currently live outside of Savannah GA. I’ve come to get a lot of advice and information for overlanding with a toddler and what gear and rigs work best.