Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Randolph (@rb9228 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Pre-pandemic there were regular meet ups around Tucson and Phoenix, hopefully they can return in the near future. Something to keep an eye out for.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R and rb9228

Contributor I

Long Hill, NJ, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Richards
Hi,
Looking forward to chatting on some resources on overlanding in the Northeast, I’ve been on a hiatus with young children but anxious to get back out there. I teach auto shop and have opportunities to play around with all sorts of vehicles, I’m currently in between Subarus but enjoy my 2001 Silverado and Honda Pilot off-road on occasion. I’m still looking for that crazy deal on a Toyota Tacoma or 4 Runner as I’m sure many others are but I’ve yet to find it. I am in north central New Jersey near Morristown. Thanks to all of you for all the contributions to this forum that I have seen so far. I have moderate experience from my travels during college and a lot of experience getting unstuck having worked in on and around farms for many years and I’m looking forward to getting back out there. Cheers!
-Dave

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi - new to the forum, as well as offroading/overlanding - Just picked up a brand new Chevy ZR2 Bison just under 2 weeks ago (the day after Christmas).. loving it so far. I'm in Sacramento CA - I've already taken it out a few times (local OHV park called Prairie City, as well as a snow-wheeling run with a Jeep buddy, and a couple trails). When I'm not working at my day job, I'm a professional automotive photographer - so I'm really looking forward to seeing where I can go with this truck, and get some great shots ;)

View attachment 182774
View attachment 182773
Welcome to the OB crew and nice truck

Reactions: Kent R

MrRob

Rank II

Contributor III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Harvey
Member #

Hello everyone! I finally joined the forum and look forward to the knowledge sharing and meeting up .....whenever we get back to that??.
We live in Austin, Tx
Rig is a 2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (Colorado multiple times, Oklahoma and Arkansas, Big Bend NP & SP, Lots of Texas State Parks)
Now I am doing some much-needed repairs from all those trips. Along with repairs come the upgrades...(thread coming soon)
Hope everyone can get out and enjoy!
-Rob

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello everyone! I finally joined the forum and look forward to the knowledge sharing and meeting up .....whenever we get back to that??.
We live in Austin, Tx
Rig is a 2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (Colorado multiple times, Oklahoma and Arkansas, Big Bend NP & SP, Lots of Texas State Parks)
Now I am doing some much-needed repairs from all those trips. Along with repairs come the upgrades...(thread coming soon)
-Rob
Welcome to the OB crew Rob

DharmaBum

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Denver, Colorado, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Sniezak
Member #

Finally. This is not my first time posting to the new members forum, however this time I get to do as an actual member, #26286! Hello, again, my name is Michael. I hail from Long Beach, SoCal and I overland in a '18 Subaru Forester XT. A little something about the Forester:

1.5" ADF multilink spacer lift
King Standard Springs
Bilstein B6 struts
Upgraded Rallitek end links
Strut tower bar front and rear (curious to hear peoples thoughts on strut tower bars and their pros/cons with overloading/softroading)
17" Black Rhino Rumble wheels
225/65/r17 Falken Wildpeak A/T Trails (Soon to be 235/65/r17 Wildpeak AT3Ws)
K&N box washable (non oiled) air filter
Perrin Charge Pipe
Derale Transmission Cooler
Perrin Air-Oil Separator
Primitive Triple Armor: Skid, Trans, and Rear Diff.
Invidia Q300 Catback Exhaust (thinking of selling to go back to stock for better clearance)
Scangauge II Electronic gauge
Rhino Rack Crossbars
Rhino Rack 2.0m Awning
Thule Canyon XL Cargo Basket
And a bunch of subtle interior/exterior mods

A little something about me:
GIS Technician for an Environmental Planning Firm
BA from Long Beach State
SoCal native
Love film photography, music, reading, cooking, film, and obviously the outdoors, overloading & camping.
I'm relatively new to the overloading and trail riding world so I would love to get some more experience and insight from some vets/avid trail runners. I have a trip coming up soon, hopefully, where I will be driving back from TX. I plan on taking a week to explore Big Bend NP, White Dunes NP, Barry Goldwater Range in AZ, and Anza-Borrego. If anyone would like to share some of their experiences or some spots worth checking out in these places I have a thread up in the forums: Winter Road Trip: TX to CA. Please feel free to hit me up if you're local to me, want to talk shop, or hit the trails. I am looking to grow my overloading community away from just 1, haha. Looking forward to, officially, being a part of the crew here in 2021. Cheers!

Attachments

Last edited:

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Finally. This is not my first time posting to the new members forum, however this time I get to do as an actual member, #26286! Hello, again, my name is Michael. I hail from Long Beach, SoCal and I overland in a '18 Subaru Forester XT. A little something about the Forester:

King Standard Springs
Bilstein B6 struts
Strut tower bar front and rear (curious to hear peoples thoughts on strut tower bars and their pros/cons with overloading/softroading)
Perrin Charge Pipe
Perrin Air-Oil Separator
Invidia Q300 Catback Exhaust (thinking of selling to go back to stock for better clearance)
Rhino Rack Crossbars
Rhino Rack 2.0m Awning

BA from Long Beach State
SoCal native
Love film photography, music, reading, cooking, film, and obviously the outdoors, overloading & camping.
I'm relatively new to the overloading and trail riding world so I would love to get some more experience and insight from some vets/avid trail runners. I have a trip coming up soon, hopefully, where I will be driving back from TX. I plan on taking a week to explore Big Bend NP, White Dunes NP, Barry Goldwater Range in AZ, and Anza-Borrego. If anyone would like to share some of their experiences or some spots worth checking out in these places I have a thread up in the forums: Winter Road Trip: TX to CA. Please feel free to hit me up if you're local to me, want to talk shop, or hit the trails. I am looking to grow my overloading circle from just 1, haha. Looking forward to, officially, being a part of the crew here in 2021. Cheers!
Welcome to the OB crew, nice build sheet and bio, just one question, what is an overloading circle?

Reactions: MrRob and Kent R

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
We live in Austin, Tx
-Rob
We meet the first Saturday of each month at 9am in Old Settlers park in Georgetown.

Reactions: Kent R and MrRob

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey OB Community! I am looking forward to getting to know many of you. I've been building on my 2017 JKU for about a year now. Already took it out for a 48 State trip Aug - Oct 2020.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

King Standard Springs
Bilstein B6 struts
Perrin Charge Pipe
Perrin Air-Oil Separator
Rhino Rack Crossbars
Rhino Rack 2.0m Awning

BA from Long Beach State
SoCal native
I'm relatively new to the overloading and trail riding world so I would love to get some more experience and insight from some vets/avid trail runners. I have a trip coming up soon, hopefully, where I will be driving back from TX. I plan on taking a week to explore Big Bend NP, White Dunes NP, Barry Goldwater Range in AZ, and Anza-Borrego. If anyone would like to share some of their experiences or some spots worth checking out in these places I have a thread up in the forums: Winter Road Trip: TX to CA. Please feel free to hit me up if you're local to me, want to talk shop, or hit the trails. I am looking to grow my overloading community away from just 1, haha. Looking forward to, officially, being a part of the crew here in 2021. Cheers!
Welcome to Overland Bound again Michael
Just a reminder don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
A good way to grow your community is to get involved in the Overland Bound Community by check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Not sure when you joined the forum but here is a quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course that was added last year.

Hope to see you on the trail this year.

Reactions: Dayman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We live in Austin, Tx
-Rob
Welcome to Overland Bound Rob
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @USStrongman & @Prerunner1982, prerunner can get you information about a local meet-up.

Reactions: MrRob and Dayman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,
Looking forward to chatting on some resources on overlanding in the Northeast, I’ve been on a hiatus with young children but anxious to get back out there. I teach auto shop and have opportunities to play around with all sorts of vehicles, I’m currently in between Subarus but enjoy my 2001 Silverado and Honda Pilot off-road on occasion. I’m still looking for that crazy deal on a Toyota Tacoma or 4 Runner as I’m sure many others are but I’ve yet to find it. I am in north central New Jersey near Morristown. Thanks to all of you for all the contributions to this forum that I have seen so far. I have moderate experience from my travels during college and a lot of experience getting unstuck having worked in on and around farms for many years and I’m looking forward to getting back out there. Cheers!
-Dave
Welcome to Overland Bound Dave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi - new to the forum, as well as offroading/overlanding - Just picked up a brand new Chevy ZR2 Bison just under 2 weeks ago (the day after Christmas).. loving it so far. I'm in Sacramento CA - I've already taken it out a few times (local OHV park called Prairie City, as well as a snow-wheeling run with a Jeep buddy, and a couple trails). When I'm not working at my day job, I'm a professional automotive photographer - so I'm really looking forward to seeing where I can go with this truck, and get some great shots ;)

View attachment 182774
View attachment 182773
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Here are some local meet-ups you might be interested in;
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings,

Super excited to sharing knowledge, experiences, and stories on this forum. I'm retired US Army who moved to Arizona almost three years ago.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

DNGRRGR99

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Rineyville, KY 40162, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Morris
Member #

Hello everyone! Will here. I'm new to the group and the overlanding experience. Retired after 22 years in the military and still serving as a government employee. I have always been active in the BSA and continue to do so as my sons work to become Eagle Scouts. Very much love survival and minimalist camping. I have always been a big outdoor enthusiast. Love hiking and hammock camping but my back has pretty much said no more. I have recently purchased a 2020 Ford Ranger and working on my build. I currently live in Kentucky and looking forward to hitting the trails this Spring. If there are any groups in the Fort Knox area please reach out. Attached is my beginning.

Attachments

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello everyone! Will here. I'm new to the group and the overlanding experience. Retired after 22 years in the military and still serving as a government employee. I have always been active in the BSA and continue to do so as my sons work to become Eagle Scouts. Very much love survival and minimalist camping. I have always been a big outdoor enthusiast. Love hiking and hammock camping but my back has pretty much said no more. I have recently purchased a 2020 Ford Ranger and working on my build. I currently live in Kentucky and looking forward to hitting the trails this Spring. If there are any groups in the Fort Knox area please reach out. Attached is my beginning.
Welcome to the OB crew, there are many options for trails both in KY and into the Appalachian/Smoky mountains.