Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Hi from Los Angeles. I'm driving a 2020 F-250, Crew cab, 4X4, 6.7L V8 diesel, 10 spd automatic.

Overlanding Experience Background: Zip, Zero, Nada.

This is my second 4WD vehicle. The first, a Nissan P/U was stolen before I could get it off road, and I went another way with the insurance payoff. Just bought this F-250 and thought I'd try to get into it again.

HT
Welcome to the Team from Upstate NY,
Can't wait to see the Rig - Happy New Year

Reactions: Kent R

EnchantedGroovester

Rank II

Contributor III

Gahanna, OH, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Horsley
Member #

Hello from Columbus, Ohio. I have a 2015 Jeep JKU that I picked up used a few years back. Everything was stock originally. I do some wheeling with it via the local club and on friend’s land but haven’t done a lot of overlanding with it yet. Should also point out it’s my daily driver so I don’t get too insane with it. My wife and I love watching overlanding YT shows and that’s what drew us here. Hoping to find some opportunities in the year to come. Oh, and I’m also a drummer, hence the user name.A7039E41-A9AB-49BF-8ADB-6C841954FC94.jpeg

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hello from Columbus, Ohio. I have a 2015 Jeep JKU that I picked up used a few years back. Everything was stock originally. I do some wheeling with it via the local club and on friend’s land but haven’t done a lot of overlanding with it yet. Should also point out it’s my daily driver so I don’t get too insane with it. My wife and I love watching overlanding YT shows and that’s what drew us here. Hoping to find some opportunities in the year to come. Oh, and I’m also a drummer, hence the user name.View attachment 181643
Welcome to OB John!

Aaronmize90

Rank II

Contributor III

Waco, TX, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Mize
Member #

Hello! Name is Aaron and I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited that I have been tinkering with for a few years. Living in central Texas. Have done some camping out of the Jeep but most of my overlanding experience has been living vicariously through folks I follow online, hoping to change that soon.

Glad to be here and looking forward to exploring the site and this community

.7D3C11C6-2C3E-42D0-880C-1E244F8DC9F7.jpeg

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hello! Name is Aaron and I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited that I have been tinkering with for a few years. Living in central Texas. Have done some camping out of the Jeep but most of my overlanding experience has been living vicariously through folks I follow online, hoping to change that soon.

.View attachment 181656
Welcome to OB Aaron!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

.View attachment 181656
Welcome to Overland Bound Aaron
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @USStrongman & @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Columbus, Ohio. I have a 2015 Jeep JKU that I picked up used a few years back. Everything was stock originally. I do some wheeling with it via the local club and on friend’s land but haven’t done a lot of overlanding with it yet. Should also point out it’s my daily driver so I don’t get too insane with it. My wife and I love watching overlanding YT shows and that’s what drew us here. Hoping to find some opportunities in the year to come. Oh, and I’m also a drummer, hence the user name.View attachment 181643
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @James.Laidlaw

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone! I just joined and am looking forward to meeting everyone. But I will say I will lurk for a while at first to get the feel of the group. On to the important stuff!

Current Vehicle: 2020 Subaru Forester Sport
Previous Vehicle: 2011 Ford Fiesta. :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: It's about time. Been wanting to get out more and get some adventures in.
View attachment 181633
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r & @Fortis Overland
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
https://tread-lightly.teachable.com/p/tread-lightly-youth-online-course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, figure it is time to do an intro since I've been lurking and posting a bit for a while.

Recently purchased a 2020 4Runner Off Road Premium and have outfitted it with Falken Wildpeaks, Apex Fabworks rock sliders, CBI skid plates and Diode Dynamic LED fogs.
Have been a motorcycle camper, both on- and off-road, most of my adult life. However feeling my past injuries more as I age and decided to focus my time on overlanding (sold the dual sport and adventure bikes--still mulling over selling my street bike).
Planning on doing the TAT in 2021, have been prepping and testing out my gear and rig on regular 3 day overnights in the George Washington and Monongahela National Forests (about 2 hours from my house in Richmond VA).
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Here is a trip that is being planed for the TAT, you might be able to get some info for your trip.
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

HPER

Rank II

Member I

WV
First Name
Heather
Last Name
Perando
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello my name is Heather and I am fairly new to Overlanding. I took a trip early this summer with Mountain State Overland and loved the adventure! I spent the remainder of the summer and fall exploring and even went out on a limb and guided a small group of friends on one of my trips. I have always enjoyed off-roading and have a Jeep Rubicon well equipped for that purpose, but those trips were typically limited to day trips within the tristate area. Equipping my Jeep with accessories allowing me to navigate and camp off the beaten path has been a great decision. I live in Shepherdstown, WV.

Thanks for allowing me to join the group!

C12FB060-1BE0-43B6-A7BE-69A3BDBB8B88.jpeg

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Levine98

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Levine
Member #

Hi, figure it is time to do an intro since I've been lurking and posting a bit for a while.

Recently purchased a 2020 4Runner Off Road Premium and have outfitted it with Falken Wildpeaks, Apex Fabworks rock sliders, CBI skid plates and Diode Dynamic LED fogs.
Have been a motorcycle camper, both on- and off-road, most of my adult life. However feeling my past injuries more as I age and decided to focus my time on overlanding (sold the dual sport and adventure bikes--still mulling over selling my street bike).
Planning on doing the TAT in 2021, have been prepping and testing out my gear and rig on regular 3 day overnights in the George Washington and Monongahela National Forests (about 2 hours from my house in Richmond VA).
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Here is a trip that is being planed for the TAT, you might be able to get some info for your trip.
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Thanks! I’ve looked at the WV to OR TAT thread—he provides great info. would be great to join his trip, but unfortunately his departure dates and mine don’t align. Will check out the regional threads as well—thanks for the welcome.

Mark L.

Rank III

Contributor III

Nashville
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Lamelza
Member #

Hello everyone,

I'm a new member from Nashville, TN. My rig is a 2003 Land Cruiser. A couple years ago, my wife and I spent a summer Overlanding throughout SW Colorado and that got us hooked! Some of the first Overlanding videos I watched were of Michael. Great stuff! I consider myself a novice with plenty to learn.

Regards,

Mark

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

CaptnLuke

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello,

My overlanding to date has been on two wheels. I explore with a DRZ 400 heavily accessorized. Currently I'm looking to buy an 11th gen F150 and build a topper camper with the topperezlift kit.

Located near Chattanooga, TN.

Looking forward to building connections and learning from the community!

Luke

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hello,

My overlanding to date has been on two wheels. I explore with a DRZ 400 heavily accessorized. Currently I'm looking to buy an 11th gen F150 and build a topper camper with the topperezlift kit.

Located near Chattanooga, TN.

Looking forward to building connections and learning from the community!

Luke
Welcome to OB Luke! Done a lot of exploring on an XR myself.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hello,
Dustan from Northern Michigan and I don't have a vehicle yet, hopping to get help finding one within my budget.
Welcome to OB Dustan! Lots of friendly folks here willing to help and answer questions, also tons of threads to read, learn from and take part in.

nonroader

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Capay Valley, California, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Ames
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM: W6JAA / GMRS: WRKV268
I'm a noob member here (OB#26254), and somewhat new to full scale adventure rig off roading. I previously rode a Honda TRX700XX, and then a TRX450ER, and decided I was at the point in life I need to save the body and get into something a little more comfortable! I drive a 2019 Ford Ranger XLT with a few tame mods done to it, and big hopes of doing more. I've also recently purchased a 2021 nuCamp T@G Boondock teardrop trailer that I like to tow along sometimes, though I'm not a stranger to tent camping and still enjoy being away from the traffic and out in the quiet parts! I hope to meet and explore with other members of this great community.

Attachments