Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

View attachment 181544View attachment 181552
Hello, My name is Alex! This is my 84 Yota Pickup. Its build primarily for trail and rock crawling. I have over 10 years of off roading, mostly Southern California area. Have done some overlanding over the San Bernardino Mountains, and Death Valley. Currently doing my homework for a long distance overlanding rig. Some choices, GX470(4gen 4Runner V8), LX470( 100 series Landcruiser), or 2nd gen Tundra. Look forward on getting some ideas from the forum..
I'm digging the Rig Alex, Welcome to the Team from Upstate NY.
Happy New Year!

Reactions: Kent R and A-ROD

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hello, My name is Alex! This is my 84 Yota Pickup. Its build primarily for trail and rock crawling. I have over 10 years of off roading, mostly Southern California area. Have done some overlanding over the San Bernardino Mountains, and Death Valley. Currently doing my homework for a long distance overlanding rig. Some choices, GX470(4gen 4Runner V8), LX470( 100 series Landcruiser), or 2nd gen Tundra. Look forward on getting some ideas from the forum..
Welcome to OB! My wife drives an LX470 and we have found it to be comfy, reliable and off-road worthy, but she won’t let me off-road it. Hahaha. Unfortunately hers is IFS but that is great for a grocery getter ;) I used to have a 2001 Tundra and loved it dearly until the daughter killed it :(

Reactions: Kent R and A-ROD

A-ROD

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Southern California
First Name
Alexander
Last Name
Rodriguez
Welcome to OB! My wife drives an LX470 and we have found it to be comfy, reliable and off-road worthy, but she won’t let me off-road it. Hahaha. Unfortunately hers is IFS but that is great for a grocery getter ;) I used to have a 2001 Tundra and loved it dearly until the daughter killed it :(
Nice, I like the GX470, the 120 platform is excellent. I have a 2wd Sequoia, I did consider a 4x4 it due to the room, but may want something more refined.

Reactions: Ubiety

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi every one. Names Matt and I am a new guy here from Tacoma Washington.
I picked up a 2020 Jeep Gladiator and am planning on building it to travel the Pacific Northwest and see its true beauty. Then venture to the rest on the US.

Matt
Hello Matt , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Ubiety is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome Daniel and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

Hammer Time

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles
First Name
H
Last Name
T
Member #

Hi from Los Angeles. I'm driving a 2020 F-250, Crew cab, 4X4, 6.7L V8 diesel, 10 spd automatic.

Overlanding Experience Background: Zip, Zero, Nada.

This is my second 4WD vehicle. The first, a Nissan P/U was stolen before I could get it off road, and I went another way with the insurance payoff. Just bought this F-250 and thought I'd try to get into it again.

HT

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi from Los Angeles. I'm driving a 2020 F-250, Crew cab, 4X4, 6.7L V8 diesel, 10 spd automatic.

Overlanding Experience Background: Zip, Zero, Nada.

This is my second 4WD vehicle. The first, a Nissan P/U was stolen before I could get it off road, and I went another way with the insurance payoff. Just bought this F-250 and thought I'd try to get into it again.

HT
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Alex
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi every one. Names Matt and I am a new guy here from Tacoma Washington.
I picked up a 2020 Jeep Gladiator and am planning on building it to travel the Pacific Northwest and see its true beauty. Then venture to the rest on the US.

Matt
Welcome to Overland Bound Matt
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy! In Savannah GA and making plans for a digital nomad life sometime in the next 6-18 months. My hubby is the one with all the gear knowledge. Excited to join and learn more about how other nomads do their work domestically!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u & @Hank Outdoors

Reactions: etatum

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
My name is Lyn and I am located in St. Louis, MO.
My current rig is a 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4. Prior to this I had a 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (loved that rig, still miss it!)
Just getting into modern overlanding, but I have been an avid camper forever.

Hoping to learn some skills, figure out how I want to configure my truck, decide on the "to trailer or not to trailer" question (truck is also my DD), and have some fun!

Lyn

View attachment 181475
Welcome to Overland Bound Lyn
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514 @Prerunner1982 @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I’m Matt and I live right outside of Rocky Mountain National Park in the mountains of Colorado. I’ve been wheelin for years but have recently (last couple years) been more interested in overlanding than rock crawling difficult short trails. My Overland rig is a 2018 Ram 2500 Powerwagon, added sliders and diff protection, 37” tires and upgraded the entire suspension and steering recently! Love this truck! I also have a heavily modified Jeep Rubicon but it barely gets used anymore ;)
In 2020 I was lucky enough to do 3 week long solo trips to Utah/Canyonlands. I also did a few trails passing thru Moab, Northern Arizona & the Mojave desert. 2020 was a lot of fun for me an I’ve got bigger plans in 2021 - weeklong Maze district trip in May just got reserved and my wife and I are planning a 3 week long trip in September (thinking Idaho and Montana up into the Canadian Rockies and back if they open the borders).
Look forward to meeting some of you and I’ve already been reading posts about trails I want to do in the future so I figured I better join!! Thanks for having me ;)
Welcome to Overland Bound Matt
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r & @Fortis Overland

Reactions: WheelinMatt

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello everyone,
My name is Lyn and I am located in St. Louis, MO.
My current rig is a 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4. Prior to this I had a 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (loved that rig, still miss it!)
Just getting into modern overlanding, but I have been an avid camper forever.

Hoping to learn some skills, figure out how I want to configure my truck, decide on the "to trailer or not to trailer" question (truck is also my DD), and have some fun!

Lyn

View attachment 181475
Hi Lyn! Welcome from NE Oklahoma!

Levine98

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Levine
Member #

Hi, figure it is time to do an intro since I've been lurking and posting a bit for a while.

Recently purchased a 2020 4Runner Off Road Premium and have outfitted it with Falken Wildpeaks, Apex Fabworks rock sliders, CBI skid plates and Diode Dynamic LED fogs.
Have been a motorcycle camper, both on- and off-road, most of my adult life. However feeling my past injuries more as I age and decided to focus my time on overlanding (sold the dual sport and adventure bikes--still mulling over selling my street bike).
Planning on doing the TAT in 2021, have been prepping and testing out my gear and rig on regular 3 day overnights in the George Washington and Monongahela National Forests (about 2 hours from my house in Richmond VA).

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

ChopprJock

Rank I

Member I

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Lyn
Last Name
Ratliff
Member #

Hi, figure it is time to do an intro since I've been lurking and posting a bit for a while.

Recently purchased a 2020 4Runner Off Road Premium and have outfitted it with Falken Wildpeaks, Apex Fabworks rock sliders, CBI skid plates and Diode Dynamic LED fogs.
Have been a motorcycle camper, both on- and off-road, most of my adult life. However feeling my past injuries more as I age and decided to focus my time on overlanding (sold the dual sport and adventure bikes--still mulling over selling my street bike).
Planning on doing the TAT in 2021, have been prepping and testing out my gear and rig on regular 3 day overnights in the George Washington and Monongahela National Forests (about 2 hours from my house in Richmond VA).

Yeah, haha, I have been a lurker for quite some time. Thought it was past the time to say hello!

Reactions: Kent R and Levine98

ChopprJock

Rank I

Member I

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Lyn
Last Name
Ratliff
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound Lyn
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514 @Prerunner1982 @Iwata77

Thank you!

Reactions: Kent R

b4d93r

Rank I

Contributor I

Sterling, CO, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Hulse
Member #

Hi everyone! I just joined and am looking forward to meeting everyone. But I will say I will lurk for a while at first to get the feel of the group. On to the important stuff!

Current Vehicle: 2020 Subaru Forester Sport
Previous Vehicle: 2011 Ford Fiesta. :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: It's about time. Been wanting to get out more and get some adventures in. Oh, forgot to add that I'm also working on getting my HAM license so I'll have that soon as well.
Subie_03.jpg

Last edited:

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hi everyone! I just joined and am looking forward to meeting everyone. But I will say I will lurk for a while at first to get the feel of the group. On to the important stuff!

Current Vehicle: 2020 Subaru Forester Sport
Previous Vehicle: 2011 Ford Fiesta. :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: It's about time. Been wanting to get out more and get some adventures in.
View attachment 181633
Welcome to OB Steven! You will find folks around here are very friendly and helpful. Make sure to check out Rally Point to look for group activities, conference calls and trail runs.

Reactions: b4d93r and Kent R