Wendell
Last Name
Butler Jr
Member #

D6ED2BCB-8E30-4B25-AB19-F33564847525.jpeg
2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport JKU
Bradenton, Florida
Greener than Novice

I’m glad a very novice person, as myself to the world of overlanding, can join this community. I hope to learn a lot about the great outdoors and traveling with just my gear and my Jeep through new experiences.
Any words of wisdom is greatly appreciated.

Stewtopia

Rank I

Enthusiast I

MA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Bradstreet
Hi everyone,

From MA, been a member of the forum for sometime, but just lurking. Figured I would post something. Use a 2004 v8 4Runner mostly but also have a 2016 4Runner (wife's) and a 2017 Tundra.

~Stew

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Hello Overlanders,

My fiance and I are from NYC and over the summer we converted our 2007 Toyota 4Runner into an overlanding rig. We are now venturing throughout the states for the next 8 months visiting National Parks and other beautiful locations. We are very novice as coming from the city we did not have many opportunities to go camping but we are travelers and adventures at heart. We are glad to join this community to learn from other overlanders!
Hey I remember my first days in AZ, just moved out of NY. Born in the Bronx, I quickly found a new love for the outdoors, spent most of my ASU and NAU days camping in Northern AZ to road trips down south.
You’re going to have a blast, and you have a Team that you can hit up on this Forum anytime.
Man 8 months, don’t forget to post pics of your adventures.
Stay safe, and Happy Holidays

Scarletfeverxterra

Rank I

Member I

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Perry
Last Name
Doig
Member #

Introductory post!

Long time overlander, but new to OB. I plan on scouring the forums for leads on other adventurers in my area, but I’ll leave it here just in case.
Name’s Perry, and I drive a 2013 XTerra with quite a few upgrades. Home base is in the Bay Area of California, so any NorCal folks feel free to say hello!
We trek all over California, with plans to push further east after the pandemic cools down. Very much looking forward to linking up with more of you!

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I started getting into offroad experiences 2 years ago with a 2003 Jeep Wrangler. It was going to be tough to go camping with and to bring my kids, so purchased a 2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon a couple months ago. I like some of the slightly technical trails, but really I just like to get out on the FS roads to interesting places. Planning to do some camping and travel with it this year.
Experience: I've car camped throughput my life, but never done vehicle supported travel with camping along the route. I have backcountry backpacked and have loved the outdoors my entire life. I'm looking forward to another extension of that experience.

- Brian A.
Hey Brian. Welcome to the crew.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Hi everyone,

From MA, been a member of the forum for sometime, but just lurking. Figured I would post something. Use a 2004 v8 4Runner mostly but also have a 2016 4Runner (wife's) and a 2017 Tundra.

~Stew
Hi from the Pacific NorthWest Stew!

Three very capable rigs you have there!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello out there.. :-) Steve here.
View attachment 181167

2.Location: Columbia River Gorge, Oregon
3.Vehicle: 2005 Toyota Sequoia.
3.5 :-) Short vehicle history: Stock just purchased recently, added 265/70r17's Studded Goodyear Duratrac's from my sold FJ Cruiser, Traded it in. Then totaled my GX470. Other driver ran a stop sign broadsided me, while I was on a state hwy doing 55.
4.I use to belong to a few off road clubs, and also did some overlanding with a group of us. And family camping, hunting trips.
Looking for a future of less carnage possibilities, and more scenery, and camping enjoyment.
Also learning from others, and contributing in any way I can possibly help who like the same. :-)
Hello Steve, Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @PNW EXPLR and @jcgraves3 are your closest member representatives.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome Daniel and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

Advocate III

King County, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Aurich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREY362
I started getting into offroad experiences 2 years ago with a 2003 Jeep Wrangler. It was going to be tough to go camping with and to bring my kids, so purchased a 2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon a couple months ago. I like some of the slightly technical trails, but really I just like to get out on the FS roads to interesting places. Planning to do some camping and travel with it this year.
Experience: I've car camped throughput my life, but never done vehicle supported travel with camping along the route. I have backcountry backpacked and have loved the outdoors my entire life. I'm looking forward to another extension of that experience.

- Brian A.
Hey Brian. Welcome to the crew.
Thanks Michael!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone my name is Allen (trap) from Seymour Indiana here to expand my overland lifestyle i am fitting out my 99 jeep wrangler and my motorcycle looking to learn alot and have alot of fun.
Welcome to Overland Bound Allen
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @James.Laidlaw
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Trap

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Introductory post!

Long time overlander, but new to OB. I plan on scouring the forums for leads on other adventurers in my area, but I’ll leave it here just in case.
Name’s Perry, and I drive a 2013 XTerra with quite a few upgrades. Home base is in the Bay Area of California, so any NorCal folks feel free to say hello!
We trek all over California, with plans to push further east after the pandemic cools down. Very much looking forward to linking up with more of you!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Scarletfeverxterra

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,

~Stew
Welcome to Overland Bound Stew
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @cgflyer
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 181243
2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport JKU
Bradenton, Florida
Greener than Novice

I’m glad a very novice person, as myself to the world of overlanding, can join this community. I hope to learn a lot about the great outdoors and traveling with just my gear and my Jeep through new experiences.
Any words of wisdom is greatly appreciated.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder

Reactions: schoolmaster37

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

My name is Justin. I am from Montgomery County, PA. I drive a 2020 Jeep Gladiator. My family and I have done a hand full of excursions along the east coast over the last couple of years. My wife got me a membership to Overland Bound for Christmas. I am looking forward to using the provided features.
Welcome to Overland Bound Justin
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Bettybloom

Rank 0

Contributor I

Bellingham, WA, USA
First Name
Alaya
Last Name
Bloomfield
Hi all,

1. No picture yet - will update!
2. 2006 ToyotaTacoma Access Cab
3. Bellingham, WA
4. Spent time in Baja for 8 weeks - how I heard about this app. Traveled through Arizona and Utah overlanding for 6 weeks.

Honestly I’m mainly here because I’m looking for a high-rise canopy to fit my second gen Tacoma. Help a girl out! Thanks in advance

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Introductory post!

Hi, nice trailer! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group had a big year with 7 trips and we are beginning to plan out 2021. Our next meet up will be January 10th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

OverlandYJ

Rank II

Contributor III

New York, NY, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Haralambous
Member #

Hello Overlanders,

My fiance and I are from NYC and over the summer we converted our 2007 Toyota 4Runner into an overlanding rig. We are now venturing throughout the states for the next 8 months visiting National Parks and other beautiful locations. We are very novice as coming from the city we did not have many opportunities to go camping but we are travelers and adventures at heart. We are glad to join this community to learn from other overlanders!
Hey I remember my first days in AZ, just moved out of NY. Born in the Bronx, I quickly found a new love for the outdoors, spent most of my ASU and NAU days camping in Northern AZ to road trips down south.
You’re going to have a blast, and you have a Team that you can hit up on this Forum anytime.
Man 8 months, don’t forget to post pics of your adventures.
Stay safe, and Happy Holidays
Thank you, yea its cold right mow so we are down in FL working our way west. Not as much locations to enjoy down here, all the forests look the same so I cant wait till we hit up the west coast! Happy holidays to you too.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Hi all,

1. No picture yet - will update!
2. 2006 ToyotaTacoma Access Cab
3. Bellingham, WA
4. Spent time in Baja for 8 weeks - how I heard about this app. Traveled through Arizona and Utah overlanding for 6 weeks.

Honestly I’m mainly here because I’m looking for a high-rise canopy to fit my second gen Tacoma. Help a girl out! Thanks in advance
Do you have a Roof Rack or Bed Rack to mount your awning / canopy? For a Rack Mount - I'm looking into Rhino-Rack's Done 1300 awning to mount on my Prinsu Roof Rack, I also picked up Slumberjack Roadhouse Awning.