Rank II

Contributor III

Klamath Falls, Oregon, United States
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Gailey
Member #

Hello everyone my name is Brian and together with my wife Crystal we travel the roads of the Pacific Northwest in our converted 2009 Chevy Suburban that we call, Jack Burban. Based out of Klamath Falls, Oregon we have adventures by car quite a bit but only recently decided to document the journey with our new to us ride, with The Adventures of Jack Burban.

Jack is mostly stock, what we have changed is adding a platform in the back to contain drawers for storage and a camp kitchen. On top of the platform is a tri-folding mattress. We have added a small solar generator for electrical and mounted a small flexible solar panel on the roof. More details on the build and information of our travels are available on our website.

I look forward to learning more from this community and participating when and where I can.

Brian.
Hello Brian , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @Big G is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome Daniel and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound
Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Kent R

JackBurban

Rank II

Contributor III

Klamath Falls, Oregon, United States
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Gailey
Member #

Hello everyone my name is Brian and together with my wife Crystal we travel the roads of the Pacific Northwest in our converted 2009 Chevy Suburban that we call, Jack Burban. Based out of Klamath Falls, Oregon we have adventures by car quite a bit but only recently decided to document the journey with our new to us ride, with The Adventures of Jack Burban.

Jack is mostly stock, what we have changed is adding a platform in the back to contain drawers for storage and a camp kitchen. On top of the platform is a tri-folding mattress. We have added a small solar generator for electrical and mounted a small flexible solar panel on the roof. More details on the build and information of our travels are available on our website.

I look forward to learning more from this community and participating when and where I can.

Brian.
Hey, Welcome to the crew. You are in an amazing area of the PNW for exploring. Hope to meet you guys some day!
Thanks for the warm welcome. Our little corner of the world is quite diverse. A 30 minute drive in any direction can land you in a world away.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All. I decided in November that 2021 would be the year I buy a vehicle suitable to get me out on some adventures! I had planned on saving my pennies this winter and spring, then buying something, probably a Toyota Tacoma, in the summer, then spend the rest of the year equipping it and myself for adventures to be had in 2022 and beyond. Careful what you plan for because things have a way of moving in the direction of your intentions! I told a buddy of my plans and he tells me he's got a 2006 Dakota that's cheap, clean, needs some work, and is for sale. Well, the work is somewhere between resetting the timing chains and replacing the heads and pistons! Which is work I can do. It's pretty clean, it does run, albeit extremely rough, it's a V8 and 4x4 and a quad cab, which is what I was looking for anyway! So, we struck a deal for $1750 on payments. It'll be paid for about the time I would have been shopping for a truck anyway, and by then, the engine will be repaired, the dent in the bed will be fixed, and I'll have had time to make a suitable rack for it. My level of experience is, I'd say "experienced novice" at general camping and "off the beaten path" travel, and a novice novice at wheeling. I've gotten stuck and unstuck in the snow, but that's it. No experience in recovery yet. I don't plan on any "hard-core" offroading, but I also know that sometimes the path has surprises. My goals are just to seen the things that make this country special. And maybe one day, see other parts of the continent. So much to see and enjoy, and my Dakota is gonna take me there. My friends are starting to ask "where ya gonna go next summer" and I just tell them "wherever the journey is". They don't understand the concept of enjoying the journey. I don't either, fully. But it's something I'm looking forward to understanding. I think this forum is the right place to pitch my tent!

Thanks
Keith
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @james.l & @Ohio Valley Overland
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

My name is Suchon, I'm super new to overlanding. I can't wait to meet some of you on the trail. Hope you're having a great day! Below is a photo of our current project.View attachment 179958
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: TSbianchad

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, new here but not to the overlanding experience. Have been doing it for years before I knew it was called overlanding, mostly because it's a cheap way to travel and see things but also I enjoy going places few have gone and being in nature. I'm in the Western NY area and there are not many trails around here. I have two vehicles I use depending on how and where I'm going. 2008 F250 SuperDuty with a bed tent setup and a 2011 Wrangler 2dr for my solo camping. I am currently working towards doing at least part of the TAT this next spring/summer. My Jeep set up I removed the seats and built a bed inside, I stay warm and dry and no need for tent. I will post a photo of my truck when I get one. Still working on the set up and building it for overlanding. Hoping to meet some of you out on the trails.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

allgoode

Rank I

Contributor I

San Carlos, California 94070, United States
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Goode
Member #

Hello Everyone!

My name is Dylan Goode and I’m from the San Francisco Bay Area. I drive a 1998 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 4WD 5 speed manual with a camper shell on the bed.

I go to school in Tucson at the University of Arizona. Usually I spend two thirds of my year in southern Arizona and the other third back home in Northern California.

I am lucky enough to have a travel companion for my journeys, my girlfriend, Caroline Oman. Caroline is from Nashville, Tennessee and also attends the University of Arizona in Tucson.

We have intermediate experience when it comes to overlanding. I bought the Taco (stock) back in October of 2020. Since then we’ve been outfitting the truck and exploring as much as possible! Our most recent trip was camping in Half Moon Bay on the Northern California coast.

Some of our interests/hobbies are camping with friends, appreciating/preserving the beauty of nature, listening to good music (especially Grateful Dead), all kinds of cars (occasionally working on them too), photography, collecting cool rocks/crystals/patches and fighting over the last pack of gummy snacks.

We are very excited to be apart of this community and to interact with people who share the same love of adventure. There’s nothing like having the freedom to take the road less traveled, explore nature, and to remove oneself from society!

Feel free to follow our adventures on Instagram @all.goode @carolineomann

Attachments

Last edited:

Traveler II

Stanwood, Washington, United States
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Kerr
Member #

Hello everyone!

New member here, very excited to be apart of this community. My wife and I have had a hard time finding people who are also interested in overlanding in our area. We figured this would be a great place to start. We have one 4 year old girl who loves being outdoors. We are in the Pacific Northwest, Washington specifically. We are currently building up our 2007 4Runner Limited V6 to be our overlanding rig. Bilstein 5100 and OME coils are about to be installed. We are getting it all outfitted for hopefully a new year of exciting adventures. My current profession is a firefighter/EMT. Prior to being a firefighter I was a wildland firefighter. Doing this for number years granted me experience off-roading brush trucks into some precarious areas, along with recovering operations to get out of some of those areas. I was also on a building spec committee on outfitting our new brush trucks to get places heavy diesel trucks normally wouldn't/shouldn't go. Very fun part of my career. Now, I am looking forward to showing my family the great outdoors. Thanks!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello everyone!

New member here, very excited to be apart of this community. My wife and I have had a hard time finding people who are also interested in overlanding in our area. We figured this would be a great place to start. We have one 4 year old girl who loves being outdoors. We are in the Pacific Northwest, Washington specifically. We are currently building up our 2007 4Runner Limited V6 to be our overlanding rig. Bilstein 5100 and OME coils are about to be installed. We are getting it all outfitted for hopefully a new year of exciting adventures. My current profession is a firefighter/EMT. Prior to being a firefighter I was a wildland firefighter. Doing this for number years granted me experience off-roading brush trucks into some precarious areas, along with recovering operations to get out of some of those areas. I was also on a building spec committee on outfitting our new brush trucks to get places heavy diesel trucks normally wouldn't/shouldn't go. Very fun part of my career. Now, I am looking forward to showing my family the great outdoors. Thanks!
Hello Bryan. Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome Daniel and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello everyone!

Welcome! I'm just across the water from you on Whidbey Island! Our side of the region is full of people who love to get out and about, but COVID has restricted the events we are able to plan and such (sad face).

Anyhow, this is a great place to adventure, especially with winter coming!

Make sure to check out the Overland Bound NW Facebook page and sub-forum.

If you have any questions, or want a explorer buddy, let me know!

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep
Pulaski_Overland on IG

Traveler II

Stanwood, Washington, United States
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Kerr
Member #

Welcome! I'm just across the water from you on Whidbey Island! Our side of the region is full of people who love to get out and about, but COVID has restricted the events we are able to plan and such (sad face).

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep
Pulaski_Overland on IG
You're not to far away at all! Super surprised to see such an active community on the OB map. I didn't think there were that many overlanders in the PNW! We are really excited to join the community and look forward to participating.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep
Pulaski_Overland on IG
You're not to far away at all! Super surprised to see such an active community on the OB map. I didn't think there were that many overlanders in the PNW! We are really excited to join the community and look forward to participating.
You would be surprised

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Hello everyone!

Hey Bryan, Welcome to the group. I see your on the soggy side of the state. Sounds like you have a great start to your 4runner build. I hope to meet you someday in the cascades!

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Want to introduce myself.
I have a 2018 Silverado z71
Working on making this truck my overland build. Still new and looking to read up and check out other build ideas.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
There was one meet-up held in Rohnert Park last summer but it didn't get much traction mostly due to Covid restrictions, hopefully this summer it will get going again.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!

Welcome to Overland Bound.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Our NW Region is very active normally, so once Covid restrictions and weather permits there is usually trips and meet-ups happening.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Ollie603

Rank 0

Traveler I

Nottingham, New Hampshire
First Name
Oliver
Last Name
Francis
Hey suchon, is that the Gx470? Can you tell me. Why you went that route. I'm going to start shopping for an overland vehicle. I've read that the Lexus is super popular. Just wanted your take.

Cheers!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!

My name is Dylan Goode and I’m from the San Francisco Bay Area. I drive a 1998 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 4WD 5 speed manual with a camper shell on the bed.

I go to school in Tucson at the University of Arizona. Usually I spend two thirds of my year in southern Arizona and the other third back home in Northern California.

I am lucky enough to have a travel companion for my journeys, my girlfriend, Caroline Oman. Caroline is from Nashville, Tennessee and also attends the University of Arizona in Tucson.

We have intermediate experience when it comes to overlanding. I bought the Taco (stock) back in October of 2020. Since then we’ve been outfitting the truck and exploring as much as possible! Our most recent trip was camping in Half Moon Bay on the Northern California coast.

Some of our interests/hobbies are camping with friends, appreciating/preserving the beauty of nature, listening to good music (especially Grateful Dead), all kinds of cars (occasionally working on them too), photography, collecting cool rocks/crystals/patches and fighting over the last pack of gummy snacks.

We are very excited to be apart of this community and to interact with people who share the same love of adventure. There’s nothing like having the freedom to take the road less traveled, explore nature, and to remove oneself from society!

Welcome to Overland Bound Dylan.
When you are in NorCal don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave
In Arizona the Southeast Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 and the local Regional Director in Tucson is @brien.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey suchon, is that the Gx470? Can you tell me. Why you went that route. I'm going to start shopping for an overland vehicle. I've read that the Lexus is super popular. Just wanted your take.

Cheers!
If you direct message this member you might get a reply faster.

Reactions: Ollie603

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello Everyone!

Glad you guys found us here! Nice Tacoma wheels! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group had a big year with 7 trips and we are beginning to plan out 2021. Our next meet up will be January 10th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out