Rank III

Enthusiast II

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

I'm Tim, from Louisville, KY. I just picked up my first soft-roader and looking to do adventuring with my family. I watched several of the YouTube videos from Overland Bound members. I like what I see so far. Hopefully I can meet a few friends, learn some new tricks, and get some dirt on the tires.

2017.subaru.outback.touring.3.6.jpg

Advturin

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Pasadena
First Name
Turin
Last Name
Atol
Member #

Hi all, I became a member at flagstaff overland expo last year but have been working, traveling and AdvTurin mostly on my KTM 1190 adventure, so am now posting for the first time here. I just bought a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a bad engine and am in the process of pulling the engine for a rebuild. Truck adventure is a newer thing for me as I have always been on motorcycle so I am excited for a different type of travel!!!

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, I became a member at flagstaff overland expo last year but have been working, traveling and AdvTurin mostly on my KTM 1190 adventure, so am now posting for the first time here. I just bought a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a bad engine and am in the process of pulling the engine for a rebuild. Truck adventure is a newer thing for me as I have always been on motorcycle so I am excited for a different type of travel!!!

Welcome to Overland Bound
See direct message sent 12.10.20 at 0615 hrs.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Last edited:
Reactions: Advturin

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!

I’m new to overlanding. I have some experience off-roading and less experience camping; love exploring and excited to learn.

Rig: 2019 Jeep (JLUR)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm Tim, from Louisville, KY. I just picked up my first soft-roader and looking to do adventuring with my family. I watched several of the YouTube videos from Overland Bound members. I like what I see so far. Hopefully I can meet a few friends, learn some new tricks, and get some dirt on the tires.

View attachment 179721
Welcome To Overland Bound Tim
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors & @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Finally joined after watching the Overland Bound YT channel for a while! Hope to meet some of you guys soon on the trail!
Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk
will be installing a 2” lift soon and sliders shortly after.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: CMFB4x4

AdventureMule

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Wilmington, DE
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Hunter

View attachment 179721
Always good to have another OBW join the ranks. Make sure you add yourself to the Subaru Owners Registry!

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Welcome To Overland Bound Tim
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors & @Ohio Valley Overland
Welcome, I could be considered new as well, and like you I can't wait to get some dirt on the tires, well here on the east coast I'll have to swap out the dirt for some snow. Until then I would like to wish you and your family a wonderful Holiday Season.

Reactions: Kent R

JackBurban

Rank II

Contributor III

Klamath Falls, Oregon, United States
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Gailey
Member #

Hello everyone my name is Brian and together with my wife Crystal we travel the roads of the Pacific Northwest in our converted 2009 Chevy Suburban that we call, Jack Burban. Based out of Klamath Falls, Oregon we have adventures by car quite a bit but only recently decided to document the journey with our new to us ride, with The Adventures of Jack Burban.

Jack is mostly stock, what we have changed is adding a platform in the back to contain drawers for storage and a camp kitchen. On top of the platform is a tri-folding mattress. We have added a small solar generator for electrical and mounted a small flexible solar panel on the roof. More details on the build and information of our travels are available on our website.

I look forward to learning more from this community and participating when and where I can.

Brian.

Attachments

srotier

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Westminster, Maryland, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Rotier
Hello! I'm green here and ready to soak up every bit of information I can. Here is my info:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

-No picture yet, have a 2021 Bronco reserved, impatiently waiting to order!

2) Location (General area is fine)

-Phoenix, AZ Metro area

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)

-Currently using a 2017 Dodge Durango GT - V6 - AWD

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

-VERY Novice! Learning more and more with friends who let me "navigate" when they take their rigs out on local trails.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Funner98

Rank III

Traveler III

Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Lucia
Last Name
Matioli
Member #

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Thank you!

Get Out GO

Ambassador, Africa

Influencer III

Randburg, South Africa
First Name
Christoff
Last Name
Eilerd
Member #

Hello Everyone
I am Warrior
I have a Nissan Pathfinder 2007 LE
Had been living Dubai and was an active member of offroading clubs. Now I have Moved to Bahrain. Yes Its a small island not many people even heard of it lol. I love offroading and camping and bbq's and i love building things by my self.
Thanks for adding me to overland family.
Welcome Umar! Give me a shout if you have any questions or need help with anything

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! I'm green here and ready to soak up every bit of information I can. Here is my info:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

-No picture yet, have a 2021 Bronco reserved, impatiently waiting to order!

2) Location (General area is fine)

-Phoenix, AZ Metro area

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)

-Currently using a 2017 Dodge Durango GT - V6 - AWD

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

-VERY Novice! Learning more and more with friends who let me "navigate" when they take their rigs out on local trails.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: srotier

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone my name is Brian and together with my wife Crystal we travel the roads of the Pacific Northwest in our converted 2009 Chevy Suburban that we call, Jack Burban. Based out of Klamath Falls, Oregon we have adventures by car quite a bit but only recently decided to document the journey with our new to us ride, with The Adventures of Jack Burban.

Jack is mostly stock, what we have changed is adding a platform in the back to contain drawers for storage and a camp kitchen. On top of the platform is a tri-folding mattress. We have added a small solar generator for electrical and mounted a small flexible solar panel on the roof. More details on the build and information of our travels are available on our website.

I look forward to learning more from this community and participating when and where I can.

Brian.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

You can hit me up in Spring, I should have my first year mods added to my ram by then. For now I will be Winter Camping up by the Salmon River (NY)

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Brian.
Hello Brian , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @Big G is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome Daniel and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound