Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello my new Friends!! John from Long Island.
Recently purchased a new 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie and looking for more self contained adventure. Not new to off-road, camping, or outdoors, just combining them all in one package. I'm hoping this is the place for build inspiration and reaching out to interact with a crew that is the same.
Glad to be part of this!!
Welcome to Overland Bound John
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: MtnBikeGeek

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone,

My name is Xristian and I am new member, and new to overlanding. I am located in Fort Smith Arkansas for Medical School, but my home is Miami Beach Florida. My overland rig is a 2015 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 2wd with a g80 rear, running 275/65/R18 BFG KO2. I started restoring a 1952 m38 Willy's as a resto prior to learning about overlanding, but now I'm considering gearing the rest of the build to overland related. I definitely need help with vehicle wiring and the hubs, so if anyone has any recommended shops that would be extremely helpful. Ill be towing it back from Miami to Arkansas in January. Here are some pics

View attachment 178045

View attachment 178044

View attachment 178046
Welcome To Overland Bound Xristian
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @BlueLineOverland in Ozark.

Xristian

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Dan here new member from Washington state. Can't wait to see what others are doing and plan some more trips. Been an avid camper and 4 wheeler for years but finally combined the two.makes for great trips with the family. I love sharing places I've been and enjoy new ones together. I have a 95 fzj80 not many mods yet as its a very capable rig to start. I have owned many differnt toyotas but really enjoy this one. I hope to make some new friends share ideas have some qso's on the radio and learn what others are doing.
Welcome to Overland Bound Dan
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone.
I've always been into the outdoors, and love adventure. Off roading is a great way to see locations and sights others never get to see.
I have lots of experience on two wheels, and just purchased my 2020 Taco with intentions of learning more about off roading and over landing.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey Dan here new member from Washington state. Can't wait to see what others are doing and plan some more trips. Been an avid camper and 4 wheeler for years but finally combined the two.makes for great trips with the family. I love sharing places I've been and enjoy new ones together. I have a 95 fzj80 not many mods yet as its a very capable rig to start. I have owned many differnt toyotas but really enjoy this one. I hope to make some new friends share ideas have some qso's on the radio and learn what others are doing.
Hello Dan , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Lastly, we have a monthly conference call on the third Sunday of the month. Let's Talk Overlanding ( Generic Check-in ) - Overland Bound

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome Dan and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Selectivelynoncompliant

Rank III

Enthusiast III

KS, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Harrod
Member #

Hello all, I have Been a lerker on here for quite some time. Now is a good a time as any for an introduction. My name is David, I am retired military currently living in Kansas. My last assignment at the Nation Traing Center at Fort Irwin, Ca where I spent the last two years of my career living out of the back of a HMMWV (Hummer). After lifting and modifying a two door wrangler I decided that I needed something bigger. When opportunity knocks you answer. So I now have two rigs for overlanding. A 2010 Ford Raptor and a 86 Toyota 4wd pickup. Both are a blast to drive and perform off road quite well. I find myself using the Hilux more on lone excursions as the Raptor has a little more comfort for the wife. I have some mods on the Raptor with a few more planned. But I have lots of plans for that little pickup.

Last edited:

ajrama916

Rank II

Contributor III

Fair Oaks, California, United States
First Name
Aj
Last Name
R
Member #

Hello - AJ here and just joined and hope to learn from everyone as I have no experience overlanding. I purchased a 2011 LX 570 and everything is still stock. Not sure what I’ll do with it but I’d like to take my time learning how make it best for overlanding and gather the right gear for this. Thank you and glad there is a community to go to.

Wandering_Wolverine

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Papillion, NE, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Priest
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K8JOK
Service Branch
USAF
Greetings,

I'm Gary, an Air Force officer currently stationed in Nebraska. 2020 has me missing the outdoors and looking forward to some future adventures. Hopefully this a good place to start. I'm a novice overlander. For now I'm using what I have, a 2017 Subaru Outback.

IMG_2099.jpg

Gary

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello Everyone,

My name is Xristian and I am new member, and new to overlanding. I am located in Fort Smith Arkansas for Medical School, but my home is Miami Beach Florida. My overland rig is a 2015 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 2wd with a g80 rear, running 275/65/R18 BFG KO2. I started restoring a 1952 m38 Willy's as a resto prior to learning about overlanding, but now I'm considering gearing the rest of the build to overland related. I definitely need help with vehicle wiring and the hubs, so if anyone has any recommended shops that would be extremely helpful. Ill be towing it back from Miami to Arkansas in January. Here are some pics

View attachment 178045

View attachment 178044

View attachment 178046
Welcome from NE Oklahoma! The Ozarks are a beautiful area to explore.

Reactions: Kent R

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Been a lerker for quite some tim. Now is a good a time as any for an introductio. After lifting and modifying a two door wrangler I decided that I needed something bigger. When opportunity knocks you answer. So I now have two rigs for over landing. A 2010 Ford Raptor and a 86 Toyota 4wd pickup. Both are a blast to drive and perform off road quite well. I find myself using the Hilux more when alone excursions as the Raptor has a litt more comfort for the wife. I have lots of plans for that little pickup.
Welcome from NE Oklahoma. Two vehicles to overland sounds like a good problem lol.

Pcox1980

Rank II

Traveler I

Visalia, California, United States
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Hey guys my name is Phil.. just joined a couple months ago. Have taken 1 trip so far with my son. I drive a 2007 Jeep Liberty 2wd for now but looking to upgrade in the near future but until then I will make due with what I have. The picture is of my son and I exploring on the first trip. Look forward to making many memories and having fun while exploring.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys my name is Phil.. just joined a couple months ago. Have taken 1 trip so far with my son. I drive a 2007 Jeep Liberty 2wd for now but looking to upgrade in the near future but until then I will make due with what I have. The picture is of my son and I exploring on the first trip. Look forward to making many memories and having fun while exploring.
Welcome to Overland Bound Phil
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Central Valley @TOMB
Here is a local meet-up if your interested, Visalia/Fresno CA
US West - Visalia Meet up
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!
Still working on the build of my 2019 Ram Powerwagon.
I am looking forward to heading out in the Goodyear/Phoenix, AZ area.
No off-road experience in this rig, but had a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee before this one.View attachment 178144
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: ajrama916

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings,

I'm Gary, an Air Force officer currently stationed in Nebraska. 2020 has me missing the outdoors and looking forward to some future adventures. Hopefully this a good place to start. I'm a novice overlander. For now I'm using what I have, a 2017 Subaru Outback.

View attachment 178143

Gary
Welcome to Overland Bound Gary
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @Iwata77, @Prerunner1982 & @Joe Hunt

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Picture!
2) Location: Southern Utah
3) Rig: Jeep Gladiator 2020
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice
5) About me: Recreational runner recently moved to So. Utah. Turning Gladiator into Overlander for trail running support and general adventuring.

View attachment 178115
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @A-Aron & @Knitron

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello - AJ here and just joined and hope to learn from everyone as I have no experience overlanding. I purchased a 2011 LX 570 and everything is still stock. Not sure what I’ll do with it but I’d like to take my time learning how make it best for overlanding and gather the right gear for this. Thank you and glad there is a community to go to.
Welcome to Overland Bound AJ
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Here are some local meet-ups you might be interested in;
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup

Reactions: ajrama916

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here, living in KCMO, but originally from California. I am very new to this, not having ever done an overland excursion yet, but fully anticipating to jump fully in once I get the new Ford Bronco. I joined this community to learn more about this lifestyle and to find destinations to explore.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514 and south of you in Arkansas @BlueLineOverland.