Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
G'day

Scott from Brisbane Australia

2018 76 Series Landcruiser - and soon to being towing a Patriot X3
Welcome to Overland Bound Scott
The X3 is an interesting trailer, any chance you could post a walkaround of it?
Your Regional Director is @bjy10 for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello there.
Im Ted from Finland.

Have not done any overlanding yet but it peaked my interest and it matches up with other hobbies aswell.

I have a 2002 d22 Nissan Navara (frontier in THE us)
Welcome to Overland Bound Ted
The Regional Director for your area is @Robert OB 33/48. Robert can help you understand how your hobbies fit into overlanding.

Reactions: Robert OB 33/48

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello there.
Im Ted from Finland.

Have not done any overlanding yet but it peaked my interest and it matches up with other hobbies aswell.

Hello Ted, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

MRisme

Rank I

Contributor III

Portland, OR
First Name
Matt
Last Name
R
Hi all!

My name is Matt from Portland, OR. I am new to overlanding and off-roading, but not to camping or being in the woods. Im an avid mountain biker and enjoy the PNW outdoors!

I just picked up an '07 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD and plan a mild build over a few years. Already ordered BFG KO2s and just starting some baseline maintenance. Plan to pick up some recovery gear this weekend and break in the new rig with an overnight in the snow!

Thanks for this forum and community, I am happy to be a part of it!

ProfYeager82

Rank 0
Columbus, OH, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shaffer
Hey everyone, Prof. Yeager (Jason) here from Columbus Ohio. I grew up in rural Ohio, moved to Tennessee for a few years and then back to Ohio. I would say that I have intermediate experience with overlanding and off-roading, since we grew up (and still do) trail riding, hunting, hiking on our family property and state/national parks in Ohio, Tennessee and other parts of the US.

I just picked up a 2019 Toyota Sequoia SR5 as my next build since we have a large family. This isn't my first off-road build, but it is my first build with overlanding in mind so any advice would be great. Glad to meet all of you and happy trails.

Attachments

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello, my name is Tim, I grew up camping and adventuring but like many others, life got in the way of adventures that didn’t involve children or work. now I am older and ready to travel and adventure again and I think overlanding will be a lot of fun.

I live in rural Kansas.
My vehicle is a 2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4 (several new upgrades coming soon)
Experience: avid off-roader/camper in my younger days. Looking forward to new overlanding adventures soon.

Attachments

MrFindell

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Omaha, Nebraska
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Findell
Member #

Hello new friends!
I just picked up a 2021 TRD Off-Road Tacoma last week. Thought I'd get started here.
I camp a lot already but nothing like this. Hyped to join this community.

My name is Bryan, I live and work in Omaha Nebraska as a Motion Designer, Animator, and Illustrator. I frequent Colorado and places like Minnesota for Boundary Waters and the North Shore. I cycle, skateboard, snowboard, and ride motorcycles. All of which I plan to take along with me on this rig I plan to build.

Looking for some midwest connections and places I can get started on learning all the controls and actually try a little before I start swapping parts. If anyone knows some Nebraska/Iowa/Kansas/South Dakota spots I should start with that would be awesome.

91CB594D-D868-49B0-9662-28B9E2B7411B.JPG4FBCE718-A0AF-45A9-9027-92F719353A1F.JPG
My IG account is MrFindell

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello there.
Im Ted from Finland.

Hello Ted,

Welcome here on this great community.
If you like to have a chat, info, trips, events and more, dedicated to Overland, you are right at the spot.
In the region Europe you will find more people, info and places to go here in Europe.
We also have a FB page for Europe and a WhatsApp group.

Go to FB Mid Europe and with your OB number you can ask for acces.

Enjoy your stay here.

Greetings from Robert

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello new friends!
I just picked up a 2021 TRD Off-Road Tacoma last week. Thought I'd get started here.
I camp a lot already but nothing like this. Hyped to join this community.

My name is Bryan, I live and work in Omaha Nebraska as a Motion Designer, Animator, and Illustrator. I frequent Colorado and places like Minnesota for Boundary Waters and the North Shore. I cycle, skateboard, snowboard, and ride motorcycles. All of which I plan to take along with me on this rig I plan to build.

Looking for some midwest connections and places I can get started on learning all the controls and actually try a little before I start swapping parts. If anyone knows some Nebraska/Iowa/Kansas/South Dakota spots I should start with that would be awesome.

View attachment 177522View attachment 177523
My IG account is MrFindell
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Rocky Mountain Region but right on the boarder of the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
the Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew and the Midwest Regional Director is @Mike W.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Joe Hunt & @Paris0514

Reactions: MrFindell

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, my name is Tim, I grew up camping and adventuring but like many others, life got in the way of adventures that didn’t involve children or work. now I am older and ready to travel and adventure again and I think overlanding will be a lot of fun.

I live in rural Kansas.
My vehicle is a 2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4 (several new upgrades coming soon)
Experience: avid off-roader/camper in my younger days. Looking forward to new overlanding adventures soon.
Welcome to Overland Bound Tim.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Rocky Mountain Region but very close to the SW, MW, SE Regions also, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Iwata77 & @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, Prof. Yeager (Jason) here from Columbus Ohio. I grew up in rural Ohio, moved to Tennessee for a few years and then back to Ohio. I would say that I have intermediate experience with overlanding and off-roading, since we grew up (and still do) trail riding, hunting, hiking on our family property and state/national parks in Ohio, Tennessee and other parts of the US.

I just picked up a 2019 Toyota Sequoia SR5 as my next build since we have a large family. This isn't my first off-road build, but it is my first build with overlanding in mind so any advice would be great. Glad to meet all of you and happy trails.
Welcome to Overland Bound Jason.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @James.Laidlaw & @Ohio Valley Overland

Reactions: ProfYeager82

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all!

My name is Matt from Portland, OR. I am new to overlanding and off-roading, but not to camping or being in the woods. Im an avid mountain biker and enjoy the PNW outdoors!

I just picked up an '07 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD and plan a mild build over a few years. Already ordered BFG KO2s and just starting some baseline maintenance. Plan to pick up some recovery gear this weekend and break in the new rig with an overnight in the snow!

Welcome to Overland Bound Matt.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Wtf3rap

Rank II

Contributor III

Mesa, AZ, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Freeman
Member #

Hello all excited to join and learn more. My name is Bill I live in Mesa, AZ. Have a 2019 Ford Raptor, I am somewhat of a rookie but have been working on a build since about June. Kids are grown and we were more of a sports family but my adult son has got into the outdoors and I have come along for the ride. Actually probably more of an obsession look forward to learning more and finding awesome routes. A few pics below

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi all!

Hello Matt , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Lastly, we have a monthly conference call on the third Sunday of the month.
Inland Northwest Monthly Conference Call

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome Daniel and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

bmonte777

Rank II

Contributor III

Portugal
First Name
Bruno
Last Name
Monte
Member #

Hello Overlanders, my name is Bruno, i am from Portugal. I dont a rig yeat, maybe next year, but i joined overlandbound to learn from you all i can and start my journey soon. I am interested in overlanding because i love the great outdoors, and also because i like to photograph landscapes and astrophotography.

1) I dont have one, yet. Maybe next year
2) Seixa, Portugal
3) Coming soon
4) Novice

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Bill (@Wtf3rap ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Pre-pandemic there was a monthly meet up in Gilbert, hopefully they will pick up again in the near future so keep an eye out for updates.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know.