David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Hey new member from Clanton AL. Hope to meet up and have some great trips and learn more about overlanding.
Hey Alabama - Welcome to the greatest Overland Bound community in this Universe, and any other universe known or unknown... :sunglasses:

Reactions: Kent R

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Thank you for the warm welcome! It’s our first Pilot and we love it! It’s really a shame that Honda didn’t think more outside of the box and expect people to modify a “grocery getter” lol. I wish there were more off road upgrades availableI’m excited to learn and build friendships in such a great forum. I’ve owned/been a member of Audi/VW/Subaru forums and really disliked the amount of bashing that people did to one another, it was like an online bar fight lol. I get a sense that this forum is different and I couldn’t appreciate it more.
Very different here. Civilized, kind and gracious - that is what makes it so good!

Reactions: Dove&CO and Kent R

JMD23

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
JohnMark
Last Name
Dolde
Member #

Been a member for a while now. Just now getting everything setup. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Get out there!
How wide is your RTT? I'm Looking to get one but still debating if I'm going for roofnest or CVT.
It’s a GFC RTT. It’s 53” wide. Came from an Alu Cab Gen 3. GFC seems to have more room on the interior. Especially in length.
Good to know. I'll check that GFC rtt. Thanks!

SilverRebel

Rank I

Contributor I

Missouri, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

Good morning! New member here! I'm currently in Harrisonville, MO. I'm planning a December roadtrip from here to Liberty Lake, WA in my new-to-me 2016 Ram Rebel and have started making upgrades (Decked drawer unit arrives today, new Toyos on Friday, shopping for comms).

Former Marine and Eagle Scout, light off-roading and camping experience over the years. Hoping to meet like-minded travelers that appreciate old, creeky bones.

‍♂

Superduty23

Rank I

Contributor II

Beatrice, NE
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Julian
Good morning! New member here! I'm currently in Harrisonville, MO. I'm planning a December roadtrip from here to Liberty Lake, WA in my new-to-me 2016 Ram Rebel and have started making upgrades (Decked drawer unit arrives today, new Toyos on Friday, shopping for comms).

Former Marine and Eagle Scout, light off-roading and camping experience over the years. Hoping to meet like-minded travelers that appreciate old, creeky bones.

‍♂
Welcome! I’m from Sikeston, Missouri. I’ve lived in Cape Fair, MO; Jackson, MO; Blue Springs, MO, and Shawneetown. Nice to see another Missourian join the group. Good luck on your adventures!

#campNcrawlR

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Edmond, OK, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hukill
Member #

Hey, good morning everyone. Been a member for a little bit but finally getting around to reading up and learning more from you all.

I’m based in central Oklahoma and we’ve been doing the RV thing for several years. Now that the boys are older, the wife and I decided to trim down and show the boys what more camping & less glamping looks like.

We love exploring the Rockies and getting out in the boonies, so this approach should be much more conducive to that.

Currently in the process of building out the whole setup. The Jeep has been fantastic on our first few shakedown runs and we’ll be building out a trailer with a 2nd tent for the boys and more permanent kitchen soon.

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Ryan (@#HuckleberryJeep ), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma. Damn Bro.... it's about time you showed up. :smirk:

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know. We also have @Iwata77 up in Tulsa and @USStrongman in Lubbock.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

SilverRebel

Rank I

Contributor I

Missouri, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

‍♂
Welcome! I’m from Sikeston, Missouri. I’ve lived in Cape Fair, MO; Jackson, MO; Blue Springs, MO, and Shawneetown. Nice to see another Missourian join the group. Good luck on your adventures!
Thanks! Was super stoked to discover this group, and what appears to be good number of Missouri members. I even bought a membership for my brother. So much good info in here and seemingly really friendly folk.

Icingdeath82

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oakland, TN, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Roebuck
Good afternoon everyone! Glad to have found this site! Can’t wait to learn and hear from you all. I am very new to overlanding and cannot wait to get some trips under my belt. We recently bought a 2020 Toyota 4Runner Venture. It’s been a dream vehicle of mine for quite a while now. We absolutely love it! And I currently live in Memphis Tennessee.

Astrotrek

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sabattus, ME, USA
First Name
Bethany
Last Name
Douglass
Member #

New member here, happy to be here from Maine.

We (mostly he) has been customizing our 2004 AstroVan for off road exploring/ comfortable camping :) . Pretty excited to find this community. We are heading out West soon and would appreciate trail advice. If we can help with anything New England related, happy to do so.

#campNcrawlR

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Edmond, OK, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hukill
Member #

Hello Ryan (@#HuckleberryJeep ), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma. Damn Bro.... it's about time you showed up. :smirk:

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know. We also have @Iwata77 up in Tulsa and @USStrongman in Lubbock.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Thanks man! Yeah, took me longer to get here than it should've :sunglasses: Hope to meet you out & about sometime soon.

Roamerram

Rank I

Traveler I

Vail, AZ, USA
First Name
Doron
Last Name
Strassman
Member #

Hi there from Vail Arizona,

Been "overlanding" for may years with different modes of transportation, From bicycles, through motorcycles to trucks.
My favorite rig was 1999 UZJ 100 that I bought new and start rigging for overland use right from the start. This truck was the pathfinder for the 100 series LC for many modifications. I was cruiser99 on mud back then.

Roll the clock forward many years and many life events later and I find myself trying to make a comically and freakishly large 2016 RAM 2500 work for this overlanding thingie. This truck started as a tow rig but life events slowly is transforming as vehicle dependent expedition rig with all the usual tires, suspension and camping mods. It is now able to sustain me/us for a couple of weeks of remote travel with all the necessary fuel, water, food, equipment....

At a moment of weakness I bought a Gladiator last year but it seating in the garage doing basically nothing.

Hope to make connections and be a contributing member here.

Doron.

DSCF1540.JPGIMG_1095.JPG

Tukru

Rank II

Contributor III

Guthrie, OK, USA
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Wanjon
Member #

Hello! I didn’t know there was a name to what I’ve been doing over the years...going on adventures. Excited to have found this group and learning more. My wife and I just got back from a little weekend jaunt from Oklahoma to Utah and back. One night at Goosenecks State Park and another night in Valley of the Gods. I think she’s hooked on more adventures...now we’ve got to figure out how to do this with our five kids! The process of equipping my 03 Tahoe for all of our gear begins.......

Attachments

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

‍♂
Welcome from NE Oklahoma

Iwata77

Launch Member

Pathfinder II

First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hey, good morning everyone. Been a member for a little bit but finally getting around to reading up and learning more from you all.

I’m based in central Oklahoma and we’ve been doing the RV thing for several years. Now that the boys are older, the wife and I decided to trim down and show the boys what more camping & less glamping looks like.

We love exploring the Rockies and getting out in the boonies, so this approach should be much more conducive to that.

Currently in the process of building out the whole setup. The Jeep has been fantastic on our first few shakedown runs and we’ll be building out a trailer with a 2nd tent for the boys and more permanent kitchen soon.
Welcome from Tulsa! Nice Gladiator!

Iwata77

Launch Member

Pathfinder II

First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello! I didn’t know there was a name to what I’ve been doing over the years...going on adventures. Excited to have found this group and learning more. My wife and I just got back from a little weekend jaunt from Oklahoma to Utah and back. One night at Goosenecks State Park and another night in Valley of the Gods. I think she’s hooked on more adventures...now we’ve got to figure out how to do this with our five kids! The process of equipping my 03 Tahoe for all of our gear begins.......
Welcome from Tulsa

@Prerunner1982 and I the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let us know.

We also have an Oklahoma sub-forum for more local chit chat Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

Jake1234588

Rank 0

Traveler I

Florida, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Garreans
Member #

Hello everyone. New to the site, looking forward to learning new things about Overlanding.
I'm from Florida and have a moderate amount of off-road experience.
I don't take many pictures but here are a few.
2017 Ram 4x4 2500HD Cummins

20200617_103834_resized_1.jpg

20200617_101627_resized_1.jpg

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77