gnbs2014

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pensacola, FL, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Snyder
Hey all, I'm Greg. I stumbled across this site while looking at another overland camping page. I just bought a 2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon a couple months ago. This is my third Jeep but the first time I've looked into overland camping with one. My wife and I love to camp but we usually end up in a tent or small trailer/camper. I wanted to look at different options and came across overland camping. We live in the Florida panhandle so we have a good bit of the Southeast for exploration. I'm looking forward to learning more about this venture and seeing where it takes us!

HTXF150

Rank 0

Traveler I

Houston, TX
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Aguilar
Hey, everyone! About a year and half ago I traded in my 2017 Mustang GT for a 2016 F150 KR. I instantly fell in love with my truck. I live in Houston Texas but last year I had to work in west Texas. While out there I visited Big Bend National Park. I think this is what got me into wanting to venture into over land.

Currently my truck has just a couple things but I want to soon get some lights and bumpers and maybe a roof top tent. Basically I want to get more serious.

Current mods:
Raptor wheels(soon to swap ko2s for nitto ride grapplers), 2.5" level kit, tonnue cover, window tint, magnaflow muffler, baja designs yellow foglights.

Anyways sorry for the somewhat lengthy intro. Looking forward to conversing with other members and gaining knowledge.

Attachments

Get Out GO

Ambassador, Africa

Influencer III

Randburg, South Africa
First Name
Christoff
Last Name
Eilerd
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound David!

Give me a shout if you need help with anything or have any questions

Rig: 2017 Mercedes-Benz G300 Profession PUR (w416) Diesel
Experience: Car based camping since I was a kid. Did a big overlanding trip from the UAE to the North Cape and back in 2012 taking about 5 months (with a 2009 F-150 FX4).
Rig: 2017 Mercedes-Benz G300 Profession PUR (w416) Diesel
Experience: Car based camping since I was a kid. Did a big overlanding trip from the UAE to the North Cape and back in 2012 taking about 5 months (with a 2009 F-150 FX4).

Reactions: daoudw and Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Reactions: usiddiq and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, everyone! About a year and half ago I traded in my 2017 Mustang GT for a 2016 F150 KR. I instantly fell in love with my truck. I live in Houston Texas but last year I had to work in west Texas. While out there I visited Big Bend National Park. I think this is what got me into wanting to venture into over land.

Currently my truck has just a couple things but I want to soon get some lights and bumpers and maybe a roof top tent. Basically I want to get more serious.

Current mods:
Raptor wheels(soon to swap ko2s for nitto ride grapplers), 2.5" level kit, tonnue cover, window tint, magnaflow muffler, baja designs yellow foglights.

Anyways sorry for the somewhat lengthy intro. Looking forward to conversing with other members and gaining knowledge.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: HTXF150

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New in Alabama. I’m not technically an overland guy. I’ve just bought a gps for my motorcycle and I’m trying to find tracks to download. Somehow I stumbled in here. I do guess I am interested in similar trails as you folks so I expect I’ll stick around for a bit.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, I'm Greg. I stumbled across this site while looking at another overland camping page. I just bought a 2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon a couple months ago. This is my third Jeep but the first time I've looked into overland camping with one. My wife and I love to camp but we usually end up in a tent or small trailer/camper. I wanted to look at different options and came across overland camping. We live in the Florida panhandle so we have a good bit of the Southeast for exploration. I'm looking forward to learning more about this venture and seeing where it takes us!
Welcome To Overland Bound Greg.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to this forum but I have been Overlanding since 1978..
Happy to have found the group and hoping to get some assistance in planning a Top to Bottom Great Western Trail trip next August.

My kit is a 2008 FJ Trail Teams . ARB bull bar & Hi speed 9500lb winch, 3" Toytec lift, Full set of skids, ARB compressor & fridge, Full recovery set and a hand built trailer with ARB RTT & Awning.
Northeast home base .. Done some cool events here like Vermont Overland Trophy, New Hampshire Overland Challenge. Did some training with the guys at Northeast Offroad Adventures
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I’m Lance. I know nothing! I’m a fairly new Jeep owner and hope to go on my first off road trip soon to begin getting experience. My ultimate goal after getting some trail experience is to venture into overlanding. I have a Jeep Rubicon and have been adding some upgrades and purchasing recovery equipment so I’ll be ready. I hope to find a group near Castle Rock, CO (Denver suburb) that I can meet and get to know. Having just signed up for this forum and viewing the website I can say I’m very impressed with everything. It’s very well done.
Welcome to Overland Bound Lance
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r & @Fortis Overland

Reactions: digirati

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hi I’m Lance. I know nothing! I’m a fairly new Jeep owner and hope to go on my first off road trip soon to begin getting experience. My ultimate goal after getting some trail experience is to venture into overlanding. I have a Jeep Rubicon and have been adding some upgrades and purchasing recovery equipment so I’ll be ready. I hope to find a group near Castle Rock, CO (Denver suburb) that I can meet and get to know. Having just signed up for this forum and viewing the website I can say I’m very impressed with everything. It’s very well done.
Lance, welcome from Denver!

We have a very active group both in Denver and The Springs, keep an eye on the Rally Point page if you would like to join us!
Also you should join the Telegram group if you just want to have a chat in the meanwhile.

Famous

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Carlsbad, California 92010, United States
First Name
Drew
Last Name
C
Member #

Hi all, I'm Drew. I am a super causal. My family enjoys car camping and we're looking for some more off-the-beaten path adventures. Low tolerance for crawling, more of a forest roads fan. We're in San Diego county but spend time on the road (yay covid) working and schooling from different places. Headed to St. George next week, Joshua Tree in Dec. I'm looking for advice and options for accessible and fun sites as well as finding and sharing cooking tips. Love campfire cooking! Excited to have found y'all.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Six sons

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Dirty Jerzee
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Gonthor
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Thanks Kent for the warm welcome and xtra info. That helped me find the local group!

digirati

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Castle Rock, CO, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
McCollough
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound Lance
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r & @Fortis Overland
Thank you Kent! I’m excited about being a member and I look forward to meeting other members.

Reactions: Kent R

digirati

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Castle Rock, CO, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
McCollough
Member #

Lance, welcome from Denver!

We have a very active group both in Denver and The Springs, keep an eye on the Rally Point page if you would like to join us!
Also you should join the Telegram group if you just want to have a chat in the meanwhile.
Thank you! I’ll check into that.

Reactions: Kent R

Taaz

Rank I

Member I

Palmdale
First Name
David
Last Name
Carlson
Member #

2020 RAM 2500CF43DA9F-F58B-4D48-A0D8-5EE7B2A8A4B7.jpeg
Hello everyone!!!! My name is David, I’m 29 from Palmdale California (LA County). I don’t have any overland experience. Just your normal tent camping here and there. I’ve ordered a RTT already and have a few other basic necessities but hope to learn and grow in time. I’m stoked to dive into this with my family and make some awesome memories! Hope to see you out on the trail!

j.augustine.diaz

Rank I

Member I

Henderson, Nevada, United States
First Name
Julian
Last Name
Diaz
Member #

Good morning OB!

I’m a new member and new to the Overlander community in general. I look forward to learning and exploring with all of you. If you’re ever in Nevada, feel free to contact me to meet-up and hit some trails, etc. Take care and be safe y’all!

- JD

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning OB!

I’m a new member and new to the Overlander community in general. I look forward to learning and exploring with all of you. If you’re ever in Nevada, feel free to contact me to meet-up and hit some trails, etc. Take care and be safe y’all!

- JD
Welcome to Overland Bound JD
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @HappyOurOverlanding (NV)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
2020 RAM 2500View attachment 173771
Hello everyone!!!! My name is David, I’m 29 from Palmdale California (LA County). I don’t have any overland experience. Just your normal tent camping here and there. I’ve ordered a RTT already and have a few other basic necessities but hope to learn and grow in time. I’m stoked to dive into this with my family and make some awesome memories! Hope to see you out on the trail!
Welcome to Overland Bound David
You are very close to some great desert camping, and now is the season.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Taaz