Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, my name is Joel, I'm a retired U.S. Marine. I'm fairly new to Overlanding, although technically I've been overlanding for years in the military. I currently reside in Jacksonville, NC. I have a 2018 Toyota 4Runner (Toothless) that I am building up. I'm really stoked to have found Overland Bound, the community and overlanding in general. I look forward to meeting you all sometime.
Welcome To Overland Bound Joel.
We are happy your found our comunity also.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper in NC
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kelbs77

Rank I

Traveler I

Pasco, Washington, United States
First Name
Kelby
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Hello everyone my Name is Kelby.
I am new to overlanding. my background in camping is from the years of Boys scouts in Alaska. I Have a 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2. I am based out of Pasco Washington. I am definitely new to the PNW. I am excited to be apart of this community and looking forward to more life adventures!

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New guy here!

View attachment 173522

2) I'm in the west suburbs of Chicago
3) 2010 Toyota 4Runner
4) Newb Overlander here. I've done a ton of builds and off roading, but just started getting into overlanding. Just recently got back from the Upper Peninsula in Michigan and going back in 2 weekends. Here are some pix of past rig's i've had fun with.

View attachment 173523

View attachment 173524
Welcome to Overland Bound
Some great looking rigs there.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @geekhouse23

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I am new to overlanding. my background in camping is from the years of Boys scouts in Alaska. I Have a 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2. I am based out of Pasco Washington. I am definitely new to the PNW. I am excited to be apart of this community and looking forward to more life adventures!
There is a local meet-up in your area and your Regional Director is @M Rose can help you get in touch with it.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 173520

Hey Yall! I am a new member, been trying to get into camping and some outdoors therapy more! Above is a picture of my Taco with my Truckbed Tent, just recently upgraded to a RTT waiting to take it out on it maiden voyage. I drive a 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 but you cant tell anymore as I have completely de-badged it and applied some GOAT armor to help with my desert pin striping. Been out overlanding a few times with a few local peeps here in the Tucson area, this summer was kinda a bust because of the big fire we had on Mt Lemmon, then my wife deployed (military) so priorities got shifted. Looking forward to getting back out there again. Hoping to do some meet-ups with fellow members from Southern AZ.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director who lives in Tucson is @brien for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Kevint143

Rank I

Traveler I

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Talley
Member #

Hello my name is Kevin and I have been overlanding for a while but recently discovered Overland Bound. I drive a 1989 Subaru GL touring wagon that’s been modified pretty heavily. Located in Bakersfield, CA so explore the sierras and desert pretty regularly with my 7 year old son Hunter. Nice to meet you all!

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Runninyoda

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey gang! Hope everyone is safe and well!!
Im Eli from long island NY, im new to the world of overland. Ive been camping before and have gone wheeling a bunch but ive never done it at the same time off grid. I look forward to making new friends and experiencing some serious adventures on some trails !
Currently running a 07 4runner sr5 with 3" toytec lift and 285/70 r17 ridge grapplers all around. Got a few pics of my rig while out doing truck stuff.
View attachment 173590View attachment 173591
Welcome to Overland Bound Eli
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Thanks for the heads up and the info!! I appreciate it. Im definitely gonna check out the tread lightly course, in the meantime ill keep playing around with the app and familiarize myself with it. Again i appreciate you looking out :) its very welcoming haha!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Warren (@Wdrell ), welcome from Oklahoma.
Kent already posted up my usual links so I will just add that prior to the pandemic there was a regular meet up in Tucson, so when things get back to some form of normalcy keep an eye out and hopefully the meet up will pick back up.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello to you all, My name is Aurelio I live in Panama and I drive a 2016 Hilux n80 3.0 1kd-ftv.
my overlanding experience is minimal, but I hope that will change soon. Looking forward to exploring and make some friends along the way.!View attachment 173611View attachment 173612
Welcome to Overland Bound Aurelio
You can use the member map to find other members within your area.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello my name is Kevin and I have been overlanding for a while but recently discovered Overland Bound. I drive a 1989 Subaru GL touring wagon that’s been modified pretty heavily. Located in Bakersfield, CA so explore the sierras and desert pretty regularly with my 7 year old son Hunter. Nice to meet you all!
Welcome to Overland Bound Kevin
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There is a local meet up you might be interested in;
Bakersfield CA
US West - Bakersfield Meet Ups

Reactions: Kevint143

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

New guy here!

View attachment 173522

2) I'm in the west suburbs of Chicago
3) 2010 Toyota 4Runner
4) Newb Overlander here. I've done a ton of builds and off roading, but just started getting into overlanding. Just recently got back from the Upper Peninsula in Michigan and going back in 2 weekends. Here are some pix of past rig's i've had fun with.

View attachment 173523

View attachment 173524
RAD!....Hope we can run across each other along our travels!

digirati

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Castle Rock, CO, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
McCollough
Member #

Hi I’m Lance. I know nothing! I’m a fairly new Jeep owner and hope to go on my first off road trip soon to begin getting experience. My ultimate goal after getting some trail experience is to venture into overlanding. I have a Jeep Rubicon and have been adding some upgrades and purchasing recovery equipment so I’ll be ready. I hope to find a group near Castle Rock, CO (Denver suburb) that I can meet and get to know. Having just signed up for this forum and viewing the website I can say I’m very impressed with everything. It’s very well done.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Howdy Kelby,
I am the Northwest Director. @PNW EXPLR id your closest Member Representative over in Kennewick. We have a growing group of active member over there in KPR. Check out the Tri-Cities Clubhouse and introduce yourself, there is a day trip this weekend uniting the Seattle Group with the Tri-Cities group that looks very fun. Check out Sugarloaf Day Trip and RSVP In the Rally Point if you’re interested in going.

Tonight at 19:30 PT @Sandpoint Steve conference Call. It looks like he will be talking about Coms and Navigations. These calls were a lot of fun in the past, and gave members a chance to meet each other virtually from a crossed the Northwest. Let’s Talk Basics

Welcome once again Kelby, I look forward to seeing you on the trails. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask myself or any of the member representatives.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi I’m Lance. I know nothing! I’m a fairly new Jeep owner and hope to go on my first off road trip soon to begin getting experience. My ultimate goal after getting some trail experience is to venture into overlanding. I have a Jeep Rubicon and have been adding some upgrades and purchasing recovery equipment so I’ll be ready. I hope to find a group near Castle Rock, CO (Denver suburb) that I can meet and get to know. Having just signed up for this forum and viewing the website I can say I’m very impressed with everything. It’s very well done.
@Neal A. Tew is your Director. You have a huge group surrounding you in Denver and COS. I’ll let Neal tell you all about the Rock Mountain Region. Welcome to OB Lance. I’ll probably be running into you one of these days, my kids live in Security/Widefield (suburb of COS) and my daughter graduates this summer.

Reactions: Kent R and digirati

digirati

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Castle Rock, CO, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
McCollough
Member #

@Neal A. Tew is your Director. You have a huge group surrounding you in Denver and COS. I’ll let Neal tell you all about the Rock Mountain Region. Welcome to OB Lance. I’ll probably be running into you one of these days, my kids live in Security/Widefield (suburb of COS) and my daughter graduates this summer.
Hey, thanks Mike for letting me know. I hope to meet you sometime.

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thank you for the Welcome! My name is Frankie Fernandez, living out here in the PNW. I'm an Island Boy originally from the beautiful Island of Guam. I served in the Army as an Infantryman for 9 years and have been an LEO for the past 3 years. Growing up on the Island, offroading and camping are a must. Living here in Washington my wife, kids, and I have gotten accustomed to the Overland lifestyle and it's something we all enjoy. I look forward to meeting some of you wonderful people.
Welcome Frankie and thank you for your service from one vet to another.

As @Kent R said, I’m the Northwest Director. You’re about half way between @Greg Eigstiup in Sammamish and @jcgraves3 down in Portland. They would be your closest member representatives. Greg has a bi-weekly trail ride/campout there in northwestern Washington while @jcgraves3 is trying to get a monthly meetup going down in the PDX area.

Most information concerning the Northwest specifically can be found in the fallowing areas.
Overland Bound By Region< North America < US Northwest

Member Meetups (filter the northwest)

Rally Point (filter Northwest)

Member Maps

Overland Bound Trip Planning (again filter Northwest)

one last thing before I close, @Sandpoint Steve is hosting a conference call tonight (October 14th) at 19:30 PT talking about Coms and Navigation for details check out Let’s Talk Some Basics

Once again, welcome Lance I’m looking forward to hearing about your travels and possibly meeting up with you on the trails some day.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Six sons

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Dirty Jerzee
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Gonthor
Hello Mike here.

New to this forum but I have been Overlanding since 1978..
Happy to have found the group and hoping to get some assistance in planning a Top to Bottom Great Western Trail trip next August.

My kit is a 2008 FJ Trail Teams . ARB bull bar & Hi speed 9500lb winch, 3" Toytec lift, Full set of skids, ARB compressor & fridge, Full recovery set and a hand built trailer with ARB RTT & Awning.
Northeast home base .. Done some cool events here like Vermont Overland Trophy, New Hampshire Overland Challenge. Did some training with the guys at Northeast Offroad Adventures

Attachments

Last edited: