Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all! Jaeger Wells here located in Pittsburgh right now. Just started getting into the overlanding and 4x4 scene in Western PA. I run a 2019 T4R SR5 with an Ironman 4x4 Stage 2 Foam Cell and Toyo Open Country ATIIIs at stock size. I will show pics of later!

Next big project is doing dual battery setup.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Sam wheel man

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado, USA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Wheeler
Hello everyone,
I go by Vince because most ppl can't correctly pronounce fist name ahaha. I'm currently located in Hayward, CA. I've been camping all my life but new to Overlanding but like most of you I assume, I got hooked quickly and own two rigs now. My fist is a 95' 4runner and my second is my 96' LX450. My girlfriend and I are excited to learn and explore.
Hey man, I’m actually looking for a vehicle and I was wondering how you like your 4Runner

Reactions: Kent R

Traveler III

Jasper, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Q
Last Name
Scaber
Member #

Howdy, from all the way up in Jasper Alberta Canada! My name is Q, myself and my SO (Ali) are novice overlanders with lots of outdoor and first response experience. I'm a ski patroller at Marmot Basin and a wildland firefighter for the Alberta government in Rocky Mountain House AB. We are currently outfitting a 2014 Tacoma ACLB and are super stoked to get out and meet some people! Cheers!

Traveler I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico 87144, United States
First Name
James
Last Name
Adamson
Member #

Hello,

My name is James but most people know me by and call me Gideon. I’m 27, a father of 3 and currently fighting 2 different forms of cancer. I have dreamt of Overlanding for years and after some of the roughest years of my life and receiving my less than optimistic diagnosis I have decided to fight back and follow my dreams. I am slowly but surly working on my dream build and try to get out as much as I can when I can and with encouragement of my friends and family I have even started to record my adventures and struggles and share them to help inspire others. Currently I have an Instagram and TikTok and may start a YouTube soon. So if your interested please give me a follow.

As for my rig I am currently trying to work on building my dream rig with my 07 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I am still fairly new to Overlanding but I have a lot of skills and experience that transfers over so I would probably rate myself as a moderate level.

And As far as location I am based out of Rio Rancho New Mexico.

Attachments

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hello,

My name is James but most people know me by and call me Gideon. I’m 27, a father of 3 and currently fighting 2 different forms of cancer. I have dreamt of Overlanding for years and after some of the roughest years of my life and receiving my less than optimistic diagnosis I have decided to fight back and follow my dreams. I am slowly but surly working on my dream build and try to get out as much as I can when I can and with encouragement of my friends and family I have even started to record my adventures and struggles and share them to help inspire others. Currently I have an Instagram and TikTok and may start a YouTube soon. So if your interested please give me a follow.

As for my rig I am currently trying to work on building my dream rig with my 07 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I am still fairly new to Overlanding but I have a lot of skills and experience that transfers over so I would probably rate myself as a moderate level.

Welcome to OB! Keep on fighting and chasing your dreams!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, Joe from Conroe, TX. Working on a 2019 Ford 150 Raptor overland build. Interested in seeing what others have done to theirs
Welcome to Overland Bound Joe
If you post your question on the general or build pages I am sure you will get some traction, there are lots of Raptors that are being used as overland platforms.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Salvagediver

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

Welcome to Overland Bound James
The FJ Cruiser is a great overlanding platform.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy, from all the way up in Jasper Alberta Canada! My name is Q, myself and my SO (Ali) are novice overlanders with lots of outdoor and first response experience. I'm a ski patroller at Marmot Basin and a wildland firefighter for the Alberta government in Rocky Mountain House AB. We are currently outfitting a 2014 Tacoma ACLB and are super stoked to get out and meet some people! Cheers!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Sandpoint Steve and hopefully there will be a local Member Rep in your area within the month.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: RamblingOverland

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Reactions: Kent R and Fitz1966

{Nate10920}

Rank III

Enthusiast II

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
H
Member #

Hey all!
I live in the St Louis (MO) area, and just picked up a 2020 Chevy Silverado 4x4.
I chose a crew cab to fit the family and dogs in.
We're real excited about getting some overlanding under our belt!
I have experience camping, but I'll definitely be learning and building as I go.
This looks like a great group. Hope to see you all out there!

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Jet9RDO

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Greensboro, NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
King
Member #

New OB member this week and just getting started Overlanding. Building a 2010 Honda Element- love it so far! I live in NC and there are tons of places to go in the mountains around here.
Hey Jet,
Welcome to Overland Bound! I am in the Southeast Charlotte area. We are hopefully going to be doing some trail riding and cold weather camping in a month in Uwharrie. Keep an eye out for an announcement and Rally Point invite. Feel free to message me if you ever need anything!

Happy Trails!
NC-Trooper- thanks so much! I have been camping forever, and I am a big mountain biker, but just getting started overlanding. I would love to hear about Uwharrie when it happens- I just went mountain biking down there last weekend. I look forward to getting connected. My rig is still being built but should be ready in a couple of weeks. I have been planning a trip for my son and I over Thanksgiving to Linville, Pisgah, and maybe Cataloochee and buzzards roost. I really look forward to getting connected to the community! Thanks for reaching out

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello all y’all. Tim Sloan here from Tulsa OK. Just started research on Overlanding. Oklahoma has some trails and lots lakes and steams. I am looking for the adventure and fly fishing. Daily driver is a Subaru Outback LTD, 2011. I’m considering a new daily and doing a build on the Subaru.
Welcome Tim! I’m in Tulsa too!

@Prerunner1982 and I the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let us know.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

We also have an Oklahoma sub-forum for more local chit chat Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

Whoosh

Rank 0

Traveler I

Netherlands
First Name
Ruud
Last Name
Vollebregt
Hi all of you out there!

My name is Ruud, but since that's sort of unpronounceable for the English speaking, let's keep it to Whoosh.
I consider myself to be a medium experienced terrain driver.
As for overlanding, I am gradually building up experience. For several years we (my wife and I) been bouncing around in mountainous terrain in Europe - highlights being Spain en Italy.
Our great plan to drive to Mongolia and back had to be postponed due to that nasty virus. Well, we did a tour instead through 9 countries all the way to southern Italy. Flexibility is the key.
My driving ambitions are more geared towards getting there (and back again) than in wrecking my rig by fun&games.
This year I have created my own build-in. After an extended design phase (detailed CAD) the building itself actually went quite smoothly. Proof, I think, that planning if often better than plungeing. The fact that it all worked well in the field turned out to be quite a relief ;-)
To give you a bit of a feel for our setup: we sleep in an AluCab roof top tent, and have a QuickPitch en-suite attached for privacy sensitive situations :-)
The rig we drive is an Iveco Massif (anyone own one?). It is outfitted with custom made rock sliders. Since the build-in it carries an extra 120 liters of diesel and 50 liters of water.
So far we're quite happy with the Massif's performance.

I'm quite willing to share any and all of my knowledge and experience - always for what it's worth, of course.
Even more than that, I'm quite willing to learn!

...oh, and please forgive the inevitable language-related errors and stupidities. It's not my mother's tongue...

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

jgivens

Rank I

Traveler I

Fortville, IN
First Name
John
Last Name
Givens
Member #

Hello. My name is John, I am 43, Single, and I work at Ingram Micro ITAD.
My vehicle is a 1998 Chevy Blazer ZR2. When I got it, it already had a 2" body lift a roof rack, & 3" Exhaust w/ a Flowmaster, I'm looking to do more to it in the coming months. I just bought some lights and am about to start on building the front and rear bumpers and the rock sliders.
I live just outside of Fortville, IN.

I'm new to Overlanding. I came across some videos on YouTube and thought "I could do that"...plus, I need some adventure in my life. I find myself being cooped up all the time any more, so I'm looking to start getting out more.

I look forward to getting out there and having some fun and meeting some new people!

20200729_172539.jpg20200729_172424.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. My name is John, I am 43, Single, and I work at Ingram Micro ITAD.
My vehicle is a 1998 Chevy Blazer ZR2. When I got it, it already had a 2" body lift a roof rack, & 3" Exhaust w/ a Flowmaster, I'm looking to do more to it in the coming months. I just bought some lights and am about to start on building the front and rear bumpers and the rock sliders.
I live just outside of Fortville, IN.

I'm new to Overlanding. I came across some videos on YouTube and thought "I could do that"...plus, I need some adventure in my life. I find myself being cooped up all the time any more, so I'm looking to start getting out more.

I look forward to getting out there and having some fun and meeting some new people!

View attachment 173344View attachment 173343
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @James.Laidlaw & @Ohio Valley Overland