Michael
Last Name
Lathwood
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N3MFL
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Just new learners to overlanding, but experienced offroaders. Our names are Michael and Lynn Lathwood. Lynn is in healthcare administration, and I am a Senior RF Field Service Technician. I am also LCI certified, and I have been an Amateur Radio Operator 28 years. I know COMMS.

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just new learners to overlanding, but experienced offroaders. Our names are Michael and Lynn Lathwood. Lynn is in healthcare administration, and I am a Senior RF Field Service Technician. I am also LCI certified, and I have been an Amateur Radio Operator 28 years. I know COMMS.
Welcome To Overland Bound Michael and Lynn.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors who also has a large meet-up planed in October.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,

Rig: 2014 Jeep JKU (Sahara with a few mods)
Experience: Moderate (in past my vehicle was just a means to get to hiking areas, wife and I are now using it to explore more)
Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Rig: 2017 F 150 stock Yakima rack with FSR High Country tent just installed.
Overland Experience: None really
Looking forward to getting out and meeting new people and learning more about Overlanding! Not able to post a pic now but will later.
Welcome again Joshua,
Nice looking F-150. Weave a ‘19 F-150 that goes on the trails with us quite a bit, when he isn’t going solo which is like all the time it seams.

Reactions: Kent R

Dubbz2337

Rank III

Enthusiast I

NorCal
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Whitaker
Member #

Rig: 2017 4Runner TRD Pro, just installed the OME BP-51
Experience: Moderate, spent a lot of time on an Adventure style motorcycle touring around, but looking to loop the family in now. Sold the toy hauler and picked up an RTT and M-416 style trailer.4Runner_n_Bikes.JPG

Last edited:

quikshot007

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Fayette, Iowa, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Looking forward to getting out and meeting new people and learning more about Overlanding! Not able to post a pic now but will later.
Welcome again Joshua,
Nice looking F-150. Weave a ‘19 F-150 that goes on the trails with us quite a bit, when he isn’t going solo which is like all the time it seams.
Thanks trying to slowly add things. Trying to decide on what the next add should be! I was looking at the decked system and really liked it.

Reactions: M Rose and Kent R

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hey Overland Bound! My name is Chris. I live in the Lawton, OK area. My rig is a 2016 Ford F-150 Platinum. I usually take my family camping once or twice per year, but we are very interested in getting into overlanding. I have been working on my truck over the past couple of years, and my son just got a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. Would love to meet up with some members and learn as much as we can. Looking forward to it. Thanks!
Welcome from Tulsa Chris!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2017 4Runner TRD Pro, just installed the OME BP-51
Experience: Moderate, spent a lot of time on an Adventure style motorcycle touring around, but looking to loop the family in now. Sold the toy hauler and picked up an RTT and M-416 style trailer.View attachment 170951
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Reactions: Dubbz2337

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
From prospect peak northern Idaho
Moscow is a great jumping off point lots to do in all directions
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @M Rose if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your \
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Josh0013

Rank II

Contributor III

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Hughes
Member #

Rig: 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon (2dr)
R.I.P. 2004 Jeep TJ
Experience: Moderate (loved hiking, loved off roading, loved camping... never thought of doing all at the same time and I love it)

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77

Ghosting

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Pendleton OR
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Haug
Rig: 2001 Land Cruiser
Experience: Minimal

In 1993, my wife and I (Sarah & Dan) drove our 1978 FJ55 to Belize. We lived there for over a year before coming back to the US and moving on to a different phase of life. I've wanted another Land Cruiser since then, but it just never seemed practical. Luckily, we recently had the opportunity to buy Wilbur from these nice folks: Overland Travel Couple - We Are Out Of The Office

While we've spent a lot of time traveling in our camper van over the past five years, I'm looking forward to getting to more remote spots in Wilbur, and all the learning that goes along with those new challenges. I've already done an easy solo trip through the Washington Cascades, and have an October trip lined up with a buddy for the Steens and the Alvord Desert.

DSC03250.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77

BAD324

Rank 0

Contributor I

Cleveland, OH
First Name
Brian
Last Name
DeG
Name is Brian

Rig: 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited which is basically stock for the moment.
Experience: I'm completely brand new to off-roading, overlanding and Jeep ownership. Haven't even been camping in probably 10 years so like a lot of people probably expressing interest this year due to our circumstances.

I'm ready to absorb as much knowledge an experience I can. My hope is by next spring I will be set up to start getting away for weekend trips and go from there

Atc210

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

Welcome to the forum brother. haha

quikshot007

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Fayette, Iowa, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Davis
Member #

From prospect peak northern Idaho
Moscow is a great jumping off point lots to do in all directions
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @M Rose if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your \
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Kent thanks for the info and reaching out. I am just waiting for my memberships to kick in and want to start checking out the map and finding some places to visit near by.

WTSMatt

Rank V

Advocate I

Monterey, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Stoddard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6TZY
Service Branch
Fire
Hi, my name is Matt and I'm in South Santa Cruz County CA. I have a 2016 Ford F150 4WD. I am a novice to overlanding but excited to start the adventure with my GF. Just started outfitting my truck with basics. Pics to follow.

Retskcirb

Rank III

Contributor III

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Brick
Last Name
Markham
Member #

Greeting! I'm Brick. Just moved out to Denver (via California via northern New York) with my wife and excited to explore the backcountry. Avid hiker / camper / backpacker but looking to expand horizons with overlanding. I have a 2001 4Runner Limited with 180K miles and a new transmission. Still stock but now that it's no longer my DD, I'm looking to add some capabilities.

Cheers!

Attachments