Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good day all! Glad to become part of such a great community!! Totally new to overloading. Avid outdoors men and used to finding some great back country locations to camp, fish and enjoy all things nature offers.
Located in Southern Ontario and love to explore the northern part of our awesome province!!!
2020 ZR2 Bison - Newb
Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Roam Wild Overland
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Karius

Rank I

Contributor III

WV, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Justice
New to overlanding. Have done two trips with Central Appalachian Mountain Overland. One through half of the MABDR and the other through DBBB. I’m located in southern WV. My current rig is a 97 Mitsubishi Montero.

E68BFF1A-6E11-4506-B6A0-37A8EDF6D16E.jpeg

Traxx

Rank 0

Contributor II

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Grishom
Good Morning Y’all
Traxx (Carl) here checking in from Ft Worth, Tejas.
I am driving a 2020 F-150 SCREW FX4 or Harley Electra Glide.
Been camping on and off since I was knee hi to a crawfish. Had a few years camping out of a TJ Rubicon, then a GS and now to a Pickup or HD.
I found this place looking for build ideas for the F-150 and liked the tone of the place.
In the next few months I’ll be looking to loop south to Big Bend and surrounding areas. As I travel I will be looking through the load out checking out what works and what doesn’t.
No big build here, I like low key and daily drivable.274E0EAD-00CA-4BFF-848D-42C50AA333D8.jpeg

Last edited:

swatpup102

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ohio, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
James
Swatpup (Kevin) in Ohio
Deciding between 2016 Edge Sport and 2015 Sienna AWD for most of my adventures
Trying to figure out which would be more ideal for starting my overland journey. I realize neither is very offroad capable but do pretty well on gravel/light sand terrain
Figure this site would be a great place to start!
IMG_2985.jpeg

Attachments

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
We (wife, myself and a female Lab) are going to live in Canada, and decided to make it an overlanding trip. We'll first go from central Brazil to Ushuaia, and then, up to Canada.
Wow, sounds like an epic trip upcoming!!! Enjoy and welcome to OB!

Also a warm welcome to all other new members here!

Cheers, Bjoern

AlexSenagan

Rank I

Member I

Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Senagan
Member #

My Name is Alex Senagan. I am an Automation Engineer.

Rigs: Ford Everest Titanium 2016 AT 3.2 4WD, Ford Ranger Raptor 2019 2.0, Jeep Wrangler 2020 JL 2.0 4D
Experienced: Done few light to medium off-road trails
IMG_3643.jpeg
I love camping, overlanding and off-road trails.

Last edited:

ShawnAcheson

Rank I

Traveler I

NC
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Acheson
Member #

Hi All,
Brand new to the community. Living in the mountains of western NC (out past Asheville). I've got a 2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 access cab w/ 265k miles (long live the 1st Gen). I've had it for 19 years and has long been my daily driver. No experience with formal overlanding but did a lot of family camping as a kid. Looking forward to hitting some trails.

Thanks,
Shawn

4501E637-B15C-4C5A-BD7A-251B06E6486B.jpeg

mpcEPTX

Rank II

Enthusiast I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Pascal
Member #

Hello,

My name is Mason, I'm from El Paso, Texas. I'm new to overloading but I'm an avid National Parks supporter. I love hiking and everything outdoors and nature, and I'm planning to visit all the National and state parks with my wife. Last year I was diagnosed with a heart condition that required me to have an emergency open-heart surgery. Thankfully, I survived the whole ordeal and I'm almost out of the woods, pun intended.

Due to my condition, I spent a good amount of time in bed rest and once I was cleared, I started to travel to the different parks around me and I realized how much trash was being left behind. I ended up carrying a bucket wherever we went so I could pick up all the trash. I used to drive a small sedan that quickly started to feel very small, so it was time for a change and I ended up getting a 2021 Kia Seltos base model. I'm not planning to go rock crawling and I needed a car that was capable, had enough room and I could use as my daily driver. I want to build on it so the LX model made perfect sense for me since it's AWD.

Unfortunately, I've met a lot of resistance from certain groups that are off-roading oriented when it comes to my reliable little rig. I came across OB on instagram and I'm so glad, I think I've finally found my "tribe".

Can't wait to travel to Austin this fall and go hiking with my brand new rig (I still haven't named her) I think the first thing I'll do to her is get some new wheels. Nice to meet y'all!IMG_5696.jpg

760 Overland

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Star, ID, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Sweari
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6BJK
Hello everyone, I'm glad to finally get on here as a new member.

Location: I'm out of the high desert area Hesperia, California
Rig: I currently have an F150 (bone stock), but will be transitioning to a Tacoma TRD 4x4 in a few months. (currently I'm back ordered on a tuff stuff alpha hard shell roof top tent and RCI bed rack setup).
Experience: Brand new to the overlanding realm, but I have lots of camping and outdoor (climbing, hiking, mountain biking, and motorcross) experience.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, I'm glad to finally get on here as a new member.

Location: I'm out of the high desert area Hesperia, California
Rig: I currently have an F150 (bone stock), but will be transitioning to a Tacoma TRD 4x4 in a few months. (currently I'm back ordered on a tuff stuff alpha hard shell roof top tent and RCI bed rack setup).
Experience: Brand new to the overlanding realm, but I have lots of camping and outdoor (climbing, hiking, mountain biking, and motorcross) experience.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Carl (@Traxx) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Mason (@mpcEPTX ) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Reactions: Kent R and mpcEPTX

OutdoorTxs

Rank IV

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Sol
Member #

Hey Everyone, my name is Matt and Im in West Texas.
I'm new to Overlanding, but have always loved the outdoors and camping.
Recently got a 2005 F150 FX4 and a Braxton Creek Bushwacker trailer.
My wife and I have a young daughter that we are raising to appreciate, and enjoy the outdoors. We started OutdoorTxs.com as a place to document
our adventures, and preserve the memories.
Looking forward to learning as much as we can, and to the new friendships in the community.
Thanks for having us!
1598885549820.png 1598885613611.png

Last edited:

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Good morning to all, I wish to introduce myself. I'm Roger 2486 based in Concord CA. My family and I try routinely to frequent the Sierra Foothill trails when time permits. We've been Jeeping with friends on-off for many years and have moderate experience; certainly not experts by any means and have made plenty of mistakes, which we've learned and grown from. My wife and I have been following the channel for sometime and look forward to spending time, meeting folks with similar interests and values. Overlanding appears to be the perfect fit for us as we enjoy camping, being away from life's busy distractions , etc. Current ride is a 1995 Jeep YJ Wrangler on 35's with RE 4 1/2 lift and plenty of upgrades-mods, but is kind of tight on space so we have a trailer for all our gear as well. Was built for the rocks in the beginning but interests and focus has changed. Hoping to upgrade to a JK or JL in the future but have my eye on a 1942 Willy's CJ2a field find at the moment. Looking forward to enjoying the camaraderie of others and beautiful scenery along the way. Thanks and best to all!

Attachments

Last edited:

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Matt (@OutdoorTxs ), welcome from Oklahoma but don't hold that against me, I am originally from Lubbock.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

OutdoorTxs

Rank IV

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Sol
Member #

Hello Matt (@OutdoorTxs ), welcome from Oklahoma but don't hold that against me, I am originally from Lubbock.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Im actually right outside Lubbock! LOL Small world! Thanks for the warm welcome!