Contributor III

Cameron, Milam County, Texas, United States
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Traugott
Member #

Picture: to follow
Rig: 1980 CJ-7....currently in the garage....I'm making it street legal and putting on a few upgrades
Overland experience: Minimal....we used to call it car camping

Glad to be here, and looking forward to getting involved!

Todd Traugott

Icculus

Rank I

Member I

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Scarboro
Member #

Greetings everyone. Can't wait to start digging into the info on this board. Already learned a ton from the Overland Bound youtube channel as well as from other great producers in the community. Can't wait to get out and do some more exploring and trying to plan a cross country trip to some National Parks. Rig is 2020 4Runner ORP White. Hoping for much more to and from this truck than I did with my 2014 Trail before I got rid of it. So far just a Toytec leveling kit with BFG KO2's 285/70/17. In the works are some Baja fogs (and some other lights with no where to mount yet but thats another story). I'm in WNC and would love to link up with some folks for some learning and fire road, etc drives. I'll update with some pics soon. Cheers

Wayward Bones

Rank I

Traveler I

Franklin, OH, USA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Warner
Member #

Hello everyone! I’m Sam. This is my first day here. I’ve been wanting to try Overlanding for a while now, and finally started towards making that happen. I recently traded in my road worthy but not very trail worthy Dodge Durango RT for a 2020 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Recon. I love it and I’m so excited to build it into an overlanding rig and spend some nights under the stars. I think the final deciding event for me was when we visited Cape Lookout North Carolina a couple of months ago and I realized that with the right vehicle, we could have been sleeping beside the sea, under the stars in that gorgeous location. That was it. I instantly started researching some rigs. I was going to buy a new Ford Bronco, but my impatience got me into the seat of a new Rubicon instead. And I gotta tell ya, I’m hooked!! I’m an amateur photographer (website link on my profile) and can’t wait to see the images I capture on our Overlanding adventures! Thanks for having me!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Icculus

Rank I

Member I

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Scarboro
Member #

Hi Kent, seems you are just around the corner from me, also ave a sister over there in Fairplay....this should be a lot of fun when things get to moving again. Thanks for the welcome...bob
Fairplay. Isn't that where ironically enough they cheated on the Monopoly McDonald's game...LOL Just kidding. Nice to meet you my friend. I went to school in SC at Clemson

Reactions: Kent R

Mavilla

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Falls Church, VA, USA
First Name
mario
Last Name
Villalobos
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Thanks

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Not new to camping but new to overlanding. Excited to see what adventures my wife and myself will have.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! I’m Sam. This is my first day here. I’ve been wanting to try Overlanding for a while now, and finally started towards making that happen. I recently traded in my road worthy but not very trail worthy Dodge Durango RT for a 2020 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Recon. I love it and I’m so excited to build it into an overlanding rig and spend some nights under the stars. I think the final deciding event for me was when we visited Cape Lookout North Carolina a couple of months ago and I realized that with the right vehicle, we could have been sleeping beside the sea, under the stars in that gorgeous location. That was in. I instantly started researching some rigs. I was going to buy a new Ford Bronco, but my impatience got me into the seat of a new Rubicon instead. And I gotta tell ya, I’m hooked!! I’m an amateur photographer (website link on my profile) and can’t wait to see the images I capture on our Overlanding adventures! Thanks for having me!
Welcome to Overland Bound Sam
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @James.Laidlaw & @Ohio Valley Overland
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

Reactions: Wayward Bones

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings everyone. Can't wait to start digging into the info on this board. Already learned a ton from the Overland Bound youtube channel as well as from other great producers in the community. Can't wait to get out and do some more exploring and trying to plan a cross country trip to some National Parks. Rig is 2020 4Runner ORP White. Hoping for much more to and from this truck than I did with my 2014 Trail before I got rid of it. So far just a Toytec leveling kit with BFG KO2's 285/70/17. In the works are some Baja fogs (and some other lights with no where to mount yet but thats another story). I'm in WNC and would love to link up with some folks for some learning and fire road, etc drives. I'll update with some pics soon. Cheers
Welcome To Overland Bound
Hope to see you at Overland Expo East next year.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @JRElaxED & @Zombie

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Picture: to follow
Rig: 1980 CJ-7....currently in the garage....I'm making it street legal and putting on a few upgrades
Overland experience: Minimal....we used to call it car camping

Glad to be here, and looking forward to getting involved!

Todd Traugott
Welcome to Overland Bound Todd.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Toddtraugott

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here! I have a 2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail build from Pennsylvania. I have a good amount of experience off-roading and have taken my stock vehicle through areas others not dare, not through overconfidence, but with belief that the 4Runner can handle more stock than most others can! Since then upgrades have been made and continue to be made as the year goes on. I look forward to learning more about everything Overland and I am happy to be here!

Here's my rig (not updated since latest installs)

View attachment 168154
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Jeff here, currently residing in Madison, Wi Area. I've lived in several areas including central europe, and have always enjoyed travel and adventure. I'm now looking forward to combining my love of adventure with my love of modifying vehicles :)

Rig: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road
Overlanding Experience: Novice
View attachment 168141
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @MTB-WI
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey gang! Dan here. I’m in Seattle. Long time camper/hiker/pescador etc. I’m getting old and sleeping on the ground is no longer pleasant. I started looking into building a comfortable sleeping and storage situation for the back of my truck and naturally that lead me to overlanding and to this community. Looking forward to an adventurous future (while sleeping comfortably)
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! New member here from North Carolina. I'm new to the over landing community but as an avid camper and hunter who wants to get out and explore new areas this seemed like a good place to meet people with similar interests. Growing up in North Carolina I have ridden my share of 4x4 trails but never really gotten too far off the beaten path. Hope to get myself and my vehicle a bit more equipped to start venturing out further!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @JRElaxED & @Zombie

Dfragoza

Rank III

Contributor III

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Fragoza
Member #

Hi!,

Just wanted to introduce myself!

I have moderate offroading experience but a novice at true overlanding

Reno, NV
2019 Chevy ZR2
Stock tires and suspension, Peak Suspension tie rod sleeves, Smittybuilt 2" D ring receiver, CBI bed rack, Roam Adventure Co. Awning and a bed rack mounted high lift jack

Attachments

KM4DWS

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Arden, NC
First Name
Kaleb
Last Name
Marske
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4DWS
I am in the same area. I don't get out enough but love to get out and explore when I can. You should find the Southeast subforum here and post up there.

Reactions: Kent R and Icculus

KM4DWS

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Arden, NC
First Name
Kaleb
Last Name
Marske
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4DWS
Hello from Costa Rica just got my first real 4x4 I bought a 1999 Nissan Patrol TB45 in both gasoline and LPG gas
I wish we had those Patrols here... Always watching the guys on the other side of the world running around in them. My parents had an early 90s Pathfinder which did really well, so I can only imagine the Patrols do really well.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey gang! Dan here. I’m in Seattle. Long time camper/hiker/pescador etc. I’m getting old and sleeping on the ground is no longer pleasant. I started looking into building a comfortable sleeping and storage situation for the back of my truck and naturally that lead me to overlanding and to this community. Looking forward to an adventurous future (while sleeping comfortably)
Welcome Dan,
I am the Northwest Director for Overland Bound. @Greg Eigsti and @Gabriel Bozeman are your closest member representatives. Be sure to check out Overland Bound Northwest Facebook Page as well as subscribe to OverlandBound on Instagram.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to your member reps or myself. We are more than happy to assist you in any way necessary.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound