Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there all.

Names Kevin, I'm currently rolling around in a 96 Land Rover D1. New to Overland Bound by my overlanding adventure started in 2002. I've learned alot since then but looking forward to learning new things from new people.
Keep it fun and safe everyone, hope to meet up with new friends for new adventures.
Welcome to Overland Bound Kevin.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just joined, fairly new to the overland idea. Owned a Jeep for crawling before my Tacoma! Happy to be a part of the OB family now!!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @cgflyer
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

MikeW42

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Monument, CO
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Woodward
Member #

Checking in from CO. Just starting my overland project with a 2019 Ford F150. My wife and I had planned to buy a motorhome and explore the country. I lost her to breast cancer last Aug, but in her honor, I'm starting this quest.

Her definition of camping involved power at the camp site, showers, pools and hot tubs. Mine is more the knuckledragger approach, but learning from this forum that you don't need to be miserable to go offroad camping/Overlanding.

Look forward to learning from the other members and hopefully I can contribute as well.

Mike

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey Everyone;

Super excited to be part of the deal
1. Location: Modesto, Ca
2. Rig: 2017 Toyota Tundra TRD
3. Experience: Minimal--'ve gone on a few off road camping trips (most recently Corral Hollow Rd off Hwy 4 and the surrounding wilderness. I just got my truck last year and think it was the greatest purchase of my life! (Except for my wife's wedding ring of course!). I'm really enjoying getting gear for the rig and absolutely love being outdoors! Its one of the countless ways God truly speaks to me! I have a history of taking my boys backpacking on day or two trips and would like to get into some extended trips with the rig--also making it as cozy as I can for my wife!

View attachment 160625
Hey Chris, I love getting outdoors for the very same reasons! Glad you said hello and welcome. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Ripon CA there is a meet up on the third Sunday of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Central California group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. The next meet up will be July 19th 1-3pm at Mountain Mike‘s in Ripon.

This is the regular meet up info

www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com

royrjs

Rank 0

Contributor I

Baja California, México
First Name
Leroy
Last Name
Rojas
Hi! I'm Roy, and I got bit by the 4x4 bug thanks to my fiancee's 2008 Jeep Liberty.

Overlanding Experience: keyboard warrior; I come from desert racing and I've engaged 4low twice and I was impressed with what this little slow turd could do.

I already installed the amazon 2" front 1.5" rear, spacer based lift, KYB Excel-G shocks (they are OK, meh), 2" wheel spacers and Yokohama MTs in 245/75/16.

I installed the lift & tires as a Christmas gift for the lady's vehicle, but I'm starting to pay more attention to it, I no longer see it as a mommy suv. That's why I'm here, to learn more about the overlanding stuff.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi! I'm Roy, and I got bit by the 4x4 bug thanks to my fiancee's 2008 Jeep Liberty.

Overlanding Experience: keyboard warrior; I come from desert racing and I've engaged 4low twice and I was impressed with what this little slow turd could do.

I already installed the amazon 2" front 1.5" rear, spacer based lift, KYB Excel-G shocks (they are OK, meh), 2" wheel spacers and Yokohama MTs in 245/75/16.

I installed the lift & tires as a Christmas gift for the lady's vehicle, but I'm starting to pay more attention to it, I no longer see it as a mommy suv. That's why I'm here, to learn more about the overlanding stuff.
Welcome to Overland Bound Roy.
We have another member here in the Sacramento CA area that comes from the desert racing side also, you guys have great information about traveling in the desert.
The closest Regional Director to you is @Narbob for additional help or information.

Reactions: royrjs

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Checking in from CO. Just starting my overland project with a 2019 Ford F150. My wife and I had planned to buy a motorhome and explore the country. I lost her to breast cancer last Aug, but in her honor, I'm starting this quest.

Her definition of camping involved power at the camp site, showers, pools and hot tubs. Mine is more the knuckledragger approach, but learning from this forum that you don't need to be miserable to go offroad camping/Overlanding.

Look forward to learning from the other members and hopefully I can contribute as well.

Mike
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike.
Sorry to hear about your wife. And there is nothing wrong with the knuckledragger approach.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
The closest Member Representative is @Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

Mike
My condolences for your loss.....

I've made some really good friends here in CO through OLB. I hope it works the same for you.

Please stop by this thread to meet the locals:

Also, check out upcoming events:

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
New member here. Live in Washington state. Primarily do overland trips for mountain biking and family camping. Just got a 2020 sr5 in February upgraded from our outback just before the world stopped. Been working on it since, looking forward to sharing some posts on projects I’ve wrapped up! Can’t say enough good about the 4runner from the day trips so far. Just thrilled about it.
Welcome to OB! I recently witnessed @mtn's sr5 claw its way through places we should not have been; impressive! :)

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hey there all.

Names Kevin, I'm currently rolling around in a 96 Land Rover D1. New to Overland Bound by my overlanding adventure started in 2002. I've learned alot since then but looking forward to learning new things from new people.
Keep it fun and safe everyone, hope to meet up with new friends for new adventures.
Welcome to OB! Check out Rally Point to find others/events near you.

JohnnyUtah253

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Everett, Washington, United States
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Kiwala
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Misfit
Service Branch
Army Vet
Hello, Lance (Misfit4) just starting out in the overland scene. So far I enjoy it the community is amazing and very helpful
In sharing what they know. I have a 2018 TRDoff Road Tacoma. I always wanted one and a friend got me into overlanding and I just took off from there, it’s been a journey so far building my truck and watching it go from stock to where it is now. Looking forward to a finish Tacoma build. I’m still a little new so any help from other tacoma owner’s as in recommending parts and products would definitely help me out. I’m a active duty Soldier stationed in the Pacific Northwest originally born and raised in Daytona Beach FL. now at Fort Lewis anyone in Washington want who wants to Link up and hit some trails send me a message. I still haven’t gotten my Hamm license yet that’s coming really soon.. Looking forward to seeing you all on the trail along with sharing some good times.

Attachments

KenC6543

Rank II

Contributor III

Massachusetts
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Cabral
Member #

Hello overlanders!!!
From Massachusetts
Rig is a 2004 Jeep WJ
Don’t have much overland experience! I have always enjoyed camping and wheeling. Grew older built a family and didn’t have time for much, now fingers crossed I’m building my Jeep slowly for me and the family to enjoy (fingers crossed)

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello, Lance (Misfit4) just starting out in the overland scene. So far I enjoy it the community is amazing and very helpful
In sharing what they know. I have a 2018 TRDoff Road Tacoma. I always wanted one and a friend got me into overlanding and I just took off from there, it’s been a journey so far building my truck and watching it go from stock to where it is now. Looking forward to a finish Tacoma build. I’m still a little new so any help from other tacoma owner’s as in recommending parts and products would definitely help me out. I’m a active duty Soldier stationed in the Pacific Northwest originally born and raised in Daytona Beach FL. now at Fort Lewis anyone in Washington want who wants to Link up and hit some trails send me a message. I still haven’t gotten my Hamm license yet that’s coming really soon.. Looking forward to seeing you all on the trail along with sharing some good times.
Welcome Lane,
I am the northwest Director. @Greg Eigsti is your closest Member Representative.

Reactions: Kent R

Theoneth

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Modesto California
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Oneth
Member #

Hey Chris, I love getting outdoors for the very same reasons! Glad you said hello and welcome. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Ripon CA there is a meet up on the third Sunday of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Central California group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. The next meet up will be July 19th 1-3pm at Mountain Mike‘s in Ripon.

This is the regular meet up info

www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
Kent;

Thanks man. I am totally gonna check out the Rippon meet up and get to know people. Are you the one doing the pull out kitchens? We totally want to do that!

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Kent;

Thanks man. I am totally gonna check out the Rippon meet up and get to know people. Are you the one doing the pull out kitchens? We totally want to do that!
That’s me :)
When I lived in Ripon I started the meet up there but moved to Livermore about 6 Months ago. @RAWags now runs the Ripon meet up and I started another one out in Pleasanton. Good people at the Ripon meet up for sure.
These are from our Usal Beach trip last summerEC704800-CC91-466F-9FDE-8DDF1A0E101D.jpeg95769891-6F68-4B1B-8C0D-6FCB7CCB38D7.jpegC58AA309-6C0D-41F5-B4C1-7C1381C2E13F.jpeg

Freshdude

Rank I

Member I

Tennessee
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Sweitzer
Member #

Hey All
My name is Glenn, and live in Franklin, TN
My rig is a 1997 Toyota Landcruiser 40th!
Slowly getting it ready: just added the CRB front bumper, Dobsons shocks/ coils, Dobsons interior drawers, I have a Freespirit 55 tent. 35 tires
Last year I completed a 3,000 mile trek from Tennessee to Maine following AT. Now in a 6,000 mile journey across US

OLgadgets

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area
First Name
Huey
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Hello Everyone, it's great to finally be here.

I'm Huey and from the SF Bay Area, CA. I've been wheeling since 2017.
My rig is a 2017 Jeep Wrangler 4-door.
Started with rockcrawling and gradually grew into overlanding.
My last trip was a Death Valley expedition.
Just finished building a utility cabinet for the trunk so can't wait to use it soon!

Looking forward to meeting you soon!

Last edited:

Contributor I

PA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Todd
Hi my name is Kevin my rig is a 2007 Toyota tundra sr5 double cab that I call The Purple People Eater. That I painted myself in honor of my late wife

I made my account 2 years ago when I first heard about overlanding but never used my account till now. I got into the idea of overlanding while my wife was going threw chemo. My wife Maggie passed way July 5th 2018 from cancer. Before she passed she bought me this truck used. Over the 2 years I've been building up for 2 purposes contracting work and overlanding. She and I both fell in love with the idea of being able to adventure anywhere off the grid and off the road.

Thanks you for letting me join your committee I love you all and hope to see you on the trials.

Attachments

AXJR

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Carson, CA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Alvarez
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Location( Carson, CA)
Rig (2018 Silverado 4x4 z71 with Icon stage 3 lift)
Overlanding Experience Background Have been off roading and camping since I was a young boy with my dad. Been out of it for 10 yrs bought my rig new and started to get back into it

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi,
New member Sam here again. I didn't have a chance to upload some photos yesterday so here's some pics from the two times I've managed to get out there since I bought my FJ. The beach shots are from my first time driving on sand back in January up at Teewah in QLD and the shot with my dog is closer to home at 90 Mile Beach in Gippsland. The feeling I had looking at the sun rise up out of the Pacific Ocean was the reason I bought a 4WD and I can't wait to get back there.
Take care.
Hello Sam, welcome to the OB community.