Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
New member here. Live in Washington state. Primarily do overland trips for mountain biking and family camping. Just got a 2020 sr5 in February upgraded from our outback just before the world stopped. Been working on it since, looking forward to sharing some posts on projects I’ve wrapped up! Can’t say enough good about the 4runner from the day trips so far. Just thrilled about it.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello OB community, happy to be a member and give my support to Michael and great thing he started here. Brand new to overlanding and hope to go on many adventures in the future.
Rig: 2020 Gladiator JT SportS Maxtow, Rubi suspension swap, 33" BFG KO2 tires, XRC front stubby bumper with 12k winch, and GoRhino running boards

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey there all.

Names Kevin, I'm currently rolling around in a 96 Land Rover D1. New to Overland Bound by my overlanding adventure started in 2002. I've learned alot since then but looking forward to learning new things from new people.
Keep it fun and safe everyone, hope to meet up with new friends for new adventures.

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Just joined, fairly new to the overland idea. Owned a Jeep for crawling before my Tacoma! Happy to be a part of the OB family now!!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Finally took the plunge and sprang for the OB membership. We moved to Colorado 2 years ago and the mountains just call out for exploring.
Ive been building/revising my truck for a while now, even before moving north from Texas. mountains certainly add a level of interest/complication to some of the driving experience. My style is certainly conservative when it comes to driving, I don't like breaking my stuff.

my "rig" is a '99 Toyota Tacoma Extra Cab, Smittybilt RTT, 8' ARB awning curb side, 6' Smittybilt awing street side. adding some "nice to haves" to rig.

Defiant 1776

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Grimesland NC
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Edwards
Member #

Hello Everbody!!

This is cool..
1.Im Located in Grimesland, NC, eastern part of NC.
2.My Overland rig is a 2008 Jeep JKU
3. I am novice overlander. My experience is mainly with backpacking and car camping, with a few Cape Lookout adventures. Recently retired from the Fire Services and looking forward to getting my overlanding on. Currently in progress building a drawer system and Fridge/ Freezer slide package. Adding a KMS Pro roof Rack, Roof top tent and just installed a Genesis Offroad Dual battery system. 0CEE80DC-F33A-4972-B456-C99B1964F2EF.jpeg

Spider19

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Bainbridge Island, WA, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Paulson
Member #

Hey OB, new member here from mid Puget Sound Wa. I hope everyone is staying safe. I have been car camping my entire life, more recently in pursuit of mountains and rivers. I am looking forward to extending these adventures and seeing some new places, meeting new people and adding more cool tools to my 05 Landcruiser.

waynestrydom

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pretoria, South Africa
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Strydom
Hey all!
Newby here (kinda).

I am located in Pretoria, South Africa (right at the southern tip of Africa).
My main overland rig is a 2019 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 VX-R. This has to be one of my favorite vehicles of all time due to its' versatility and ease of use.
Experience is limited and not as versed as most international members.

Attached is a picture of my little vehicle!
Pa se wa-1.jpg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey there all.

Names Kevin, I'm currently rolling around in a 96 Land Rover D1. New to Overland Bound by my overlanding adventure started in 2002. I've learned alot since then but looking forward to learning new things from new people.
Keep it fun and safe everyone, hope to meet up with new friends for new adventures.
Hey there Kevin,
I am the Northwest Director. @Greg Eigsti is your closest Member Representative. @Gabriel Bozeman is also a member representative close to you. Find us on Facebook and Gabe will add you.

Check out the Meetup page for events going on in your area.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey OB, new member here from mid Puget Sound Wa. I hope everyone is staying safe. I have been car camping my entire life, more recently in pursuit of mountains and rivers. I am looking forward to extending these adventures and seeing some new places, meeting new people and adding more cool tools to my 05 Landcruiser.
Welcome,
I am the Northwest Regional Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Check out Member Meetups for things happening in your area.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
New member here. Live in Washington state. Primarily do overland trips for mountain biking and family camping. Just got a 2020 sr5 in February upgraded from our outback just before the world stopped. Been working on it since, looking forward to sharing some posts on projects I’ve wrapped up! Can’t say enough good about the 4runner from the day trips so far. Just thrilled about it.
Hey there Christian,
I am the Northwest Director. @Greg Eigsti is your closest Member Representative. @Gabriel Bozeman is also a member representative close to you. Find us on Facebook and Gabe will add you.

Check out the Meetup page for events going on in your area.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

the_lazy_overlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Merredin, Western Australia, Australia
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Redmile
Member #

Hello Everbody!!

This is cool..
3. I am novice overlander. My experience is mainly with backpacking and car camping, with a few Cape Lookout adventures. Recently retired from the Fire Services and looking forward to getting my overlanding on. Currently in progress building a drawer system and Fridge/ Freezer slide package. Adding a KMS Pro roof Rack, Roof top tent and just installed a Genesis Offroad Dual battery system. View attachment 160638
THAT is a cool rig.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member out of Southern California. I am a type 1 diabetic that loves dirt trails, camping, and fishing. Looking forward to meeting everyone on the trail.

Started a new build this year., here is a shot up in big bear the other weekend.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
The LA meet-up has an adopted trail up near Big Bear, if your interested in helping contact @Narbob
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all!
Newby here (kinda).

I am located in Pretoria, South Africa (right at the southern tip of Africa).
My main overland rig is a 2019 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 VX-R. This has to be one of my favorite vehicles of all time due to its' versatility and ease of use.
Experience is limited and not as versed as most international members.

Attached is a picture of my little vehicle!
View attachment 160646
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Get Out GO

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everbody!!

This is cool..
3. I am novice overlander. My experience is mainly with backpacking and car camping, with a few Cape Lookout adventures. Recently retired from the Fire Services and looking forward to getting my overlanding on. Currently in progress building a drawer system and Fridge/ Freezer slide package. Adding a KMS Pro roof Rack, Roof top tent and just installed a Genesis Offroad Dual battery system. View attachment 160638
Welcome To Overland Bound
Congrats on retirement! Hope it was injury free.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Reactions: Defiant 1776

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone;

Super excited to be part of the deal
1. Location: Modesto, Ca
2. Rig: 2017 Toyota Tundra TRD
3. Experience: Minimal--'ve gone on a few off road camping trips (most recently Corral Hollow Rd off Hwy 4 and the surrounding wilderness. I just got my truck last year and think it was the greatest purchase of my life! (Except for my wife's wedding ring of course!). I'm really enjoying getting gear for the rig and absolutely love being outdoors! Its one of the countless ways God truly speaks to me! I have a history of taking my boys backpacking on day or two trips and would like to get into some extended trips with the rig--also making it as cozy as I can for my wife!

View attachment 160625
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Here is the closest meet-up to you;
Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up -BACK ON, With Social Distancing

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB community, happy to be a member and give my support to Michael and great thing he started here. Brand new to overlanding and hope to go on many adventures in the future.
Rig: 2020 Gladiator JT SportS Maxtow, Rubi suspension swap, 33" BFG KO2 tires, XRC front stubby bumper with 12k winch, and GoRhino running boards
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder