Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Not sure if I'm doing this right lol. G'day I'm Paul, new member from Northern Territorty Australia.
My rig is a 2012 Toyota Landcruiser 76 Series, VERY new to 4wding about as green as it gets, look forward to chatting to you all.
(If I have put this in the wrong place can someone let me know please, never used this forum thingy before).
View attachment 160544
That's a hell of a rig for a beginner. You should ship it to me in the US ASAP so I can make sure it's okay for you. :) Welcome.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi. Wayne from Western Australia. Favorite passtime = overlanding. Ive got a 2002 hilux sr5 doublecab. Its v6 petrol with manual trans, going against the trend of diesel auto combo. Bullbar and rear bar/step with rock sliders. Enjoy sleeping in a swag. Nearly finished fitting elocker and cant wait to try it out. Sometimes i take my small aluminium boat with me, i made a heavyduty offroad trailer for it so it can handle the rough tracks. Looking forward to getting out camping again.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Director in Australia is @Luis Merlo for additional help or information.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone.
Finally became a full member today.
Have been building our overlanding trailer for the last 8 months. Getting close to be finished and are planning on heading out in about three weeks. Two trucks (2015 Jeep JKU, and 2011 Yoda 4Runner SR5, plus a modified M416 trailer with a CVT Mt Denali Summit).
5 people on the trip out into the NW of the US. Wyoming, Montana, Uta, Colorado are on the list.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region for your base but when you travel on your trip you will be mainly in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u & @BlueLineOverland
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Have a great trip!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All, I'm John

Rig: 2010 Chevy Silverado 2500
Experience: Novice. A few trips to Big Bend National Park and the Hill Country in Texas

I'm looking forward to upgrading my truck and doing many overlanding trips.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.
There is a member in West Texas that has an occasional meet-up, he is also a great off road resource @Navy-Jeeper
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

Rig: 3rd gen Tacoma, mostly stock slowly working on the upgrades
Experience: Proficient. I have traveled and explored by vehicle extensively to simply satisfy my wanderlust, but to also set up basecamps for further backcountry exploration via canoe, kayak, backpack or sailing vessel.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Beans
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey All,
Calling home Long Beach CA with my stock 2019 4Runner Off Road purchased about 30 days ago. Been riding side by sides and dirt bikes for years but in a full sized vehicle, novice is the word.
If you can call them that, mods this year are full roof rack and a hard shell tent to get the ball rolling.
Next year or two would be a winch and suspension system. When that time comes I'll likely check back here to see what the community has done.

I have been doing alot of noodling around on the interweb over the last year and found OB.
"Adventure is Necessary!" are the words and Michael and Corrie are the people that drew me to being a member.
Looking forward to the future.

-Dan
Welcome to Overland Bound Dan
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA)

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone!

Finally moved back to Sun Valley, ID and got myself a new rig to adventure with!

2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Current mods I've installed so far:
N2 Designs Remote Start
SpeedForm Throttle Controller
3TPAM Accessory Mount
CBI Overland Bars

Near Future Mods:
Roof top tent
Front bumper w/winch
Rock sliders

I'm a novice to the whole overlanding thing. I've never modified any of my vehicles, until very recently. Gone out several trails in my area and plan on exploring more and more! Especially when I get my tent!

Excited to join the community and hope to make some new friends!
Lots of great adventure to be had in Southern ID

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 160404
Orange County, California
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport (2wd)
Mod List: Full tint, spray in bed liner, stubby antenna, bug deflector, LED front lights high low fog, Raptor grill lights, pivot storage boxes
Overland Experience: Novice (1 campground trip, 0 wilderness camps)
Hoping to learn a lot, have some fun, and make some memories without going broke!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Finally took the plunge and sprang for the OB membership. We moved to Colorado 2 years ago and the mountains just call out for exploring.
Ive been building/revising my truck for a while now, even before moving north from Texas. mountains certainly add a level of interest/complication to some of the driving experience. My style is certainly conservative when it comes to driving, I don't like breaking my stuff.

my "rig" is a '99 Toyota Tacoma Extra Cab, Smittybilt RTT, 8' ARB awning curb side, 6' Smittybilt awing street side. adding some "nice to haves" to rig.
Hi Michael and welcome to OLB! Hope to see you out on the trails soon. Nice rig!

South_Puget_Sound_OL

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Roy, WA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Pinick
Member #

Hey there all.

Names Kevin, I'm currently rolling around in a 96 Land Rover D1. New to Overland Bound by my overlanding adventure started in 2002. I've learned alot since then but looking forward to learning new things from new people.
Keep it fun and safe everyone, hope to meet up with new friends for new adventures.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Finally took the plunge and sprang for the OB membership. We moved to Colorado 2 years ago and the mountains just call out for exploring.
Ive been building/revising my truck for a while now, even before moving north from Texas. mountains certainly add a level of interest/complication to some of the driving experience. My style is certainly conservative when it comes to driving, I don't like breaking my stuff.

my "rig" is a '99 Toyota Tacoma Extra Cab, Smittybilt RTT, 8' ARB awning curb side, 6' Smittybilt awing street side. adding some "nice to haves" to rig.
Welcome!

Please stop by this thread to meet the locals:

Also, check out upcoming events:

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey everyone! Recently found out about this site from Chris, the OB medical ambassador. He was kind enough to help me out of quite a muddy pickle.

I'm rolling in a stock '94 Land Cruiser with front/rear lockers. Been spoiled so far by its ability to pull through nearly anything. So now starting to add real recovery gear to it.

Really looking forward to connecting with people for fun expeditions. The gf and I mostly do solo trips since no friends or family have a 4x4. We love the solitude of the wilderness, but at least a few friends would be nice, haha.
Welcome to Overland Bound. My name is Mike and I am one your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike . You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse through the new member threads for some great information, which will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar, which is a great place to find upcoming local meetups, trail runs and training opportunities.

There are three local meetups within driving distance of your location; The Elk Grove meetup (W/Stockton Blvd ), The Gold Country Overland meetup (Elm Avenue, Auburn) and Sierra Foothills Overlanders (Cameron Park). Refer to Rally Points or the member calendar for further information.

I look forward to meeting out on the trail, or a meetup.

Reactions: Kent R

Gobicon21

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Miami, FL
First Name
Dagoberto
Last Name
Cabrera
Hello OB community, happy to be a member and give my support to Michael and great thing he started here. Brand new to overlanding and hope to go on many adventures in the future.
Rig: 2020 Gladiator JT SportS Maxtow, Rubi suspension swap, 33" BFG KO2 tires, XRC front stubby bumper with 12k winch, and GoRhino running boards

Attachments

the_lazy_overlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Merredin, Western Australia, Australia
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Redmile
Member #

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Rig: 1999 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, snorkel, hood deflector, window deflectors, stickers for now. 2" Lift and winch (12500lbs) just arrived, front and rear bar is on the way.
Novice with overlanding, tried it a bit last year for with a week long trip and soon about to do it again with the mother of my son (24) and him self (2) (Sweden Offroad Tour)
Hello Rocco,

Welcome aboard, as a member with some extra duties I hope I can help you out with all the stuff you like to know.
Technical, Travel, and more. Just ask and if I dont know we will both go out and find the answer.

In the Mid Europe region is a lot to do. So, if you like, just join us and I hope we can return that into a sweden trip.

Enjoy your time here.

Greetings from Robert

BigYaraVan

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Reece
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound. My name is Mike and I am one your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike . You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse through the new member threads for some great information, which will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar, which is a great place to find upcoming local meetups, trail runs and training opportunities.

There are three local meetups within driving distance of your location; The Elk Grove meetup (W/Stockton Blvd ), The Gold Country Overland meetup (Elm Avenue, Auburn) and Sierra Foothills Overlanders (Cameron Park). Refer to Rally Points or the member calendar for further information.

I look forward to meeting out on the trail, or a meetup.
Hey guys! Just wanted to say I’m in Sacramento, hope see you guys at a meet up!

Theoneth

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Modesto California
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Oneth
Member #

Hey Everyone;

Super excited to be part of the deal
1. Location: Modesto, Ca
2. Rig: 2017 Toyota Tundra TRD
3. Experience: Minimal--'ve gone on a few off road camping trips (most recently Corral Hollow Rd off Hwy 4 and the surrounding wilderness. I just got my truck last year and think it was the greatest purchase of my life! (Except for my wife's wedding ring of course!). I'm really enjoying getting gear for the rig and absolutely love being outdoors! Its one of the countless ways God truly speaks to me! I have a history of taking my boys backpacking on day or two trips and would like to get into some extended trips with the rig--also making it as cozy as I can for my wife!

1593561809540.png

Attachments

Rubesdurazo

Rank II
Investor

Contributor III

Lakewood, WA, USA
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Rubio
Member #

New member here. Live in Washington state. Primarily do overland trips for mountain biking and family camping. Just got a 2020 sr5 in February upgraded from our outback just before the world stopped. Been working on it since, looking forward to sharing some posts on projects I’ve wrapped up! Can’t say enough good about the 4runner from the day trips so far. Just thrilled about it.

Attachments

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey Everyone;

Super excited to be part of the deal
1. Location: Modesto, Ca
2. Rig: 2017 Toyota Tundra TRD
3. Experience: Minimal--'ve gone on a few off road camping trips (most recently Corral Hollow Rd off Hwy 4 and the surrounding wilderness. I just got my truck last year and think it was the greatest purchase of my life! (Except for my wife's wedding ring of course!). I'm really enjoying getting gear for the rig and absolutely love being outdoors! Its one of the countless ways God truly speaks to me! I have a history of taking my boys backpacking on day or two trips and would like to get into some extended trips with the rig--also making it as cozy as I can for my wife!

View attachment 160625
Welcome to Overland Bound, my name is Mike and I am one of your U.S. West member representatives and if you have question or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the the new member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming local meetups, trail runs and training opportunities.

There are at least three local meetups within driving distance of your location. There is The Gold Country Overland meetup in Auburn, The Elk Grove meetup, on West Stockton Blvd. and Sierra Foothills Overlanders, in Cameron Park. Refer to Rally Points or the member calendar for further information.

I look forward to meeting you out there on the trail, or at a meetup.

Mike

Reactions: Kent R