Parker, CO, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Markham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0AGE
Finally took the plunge and sprang for the OB membership. We moved to Colorado 2 years ago and the mountains just call out for exploring.
Ive been building/revising my truck for a while now, even before moving north from Texas. mountains certainly add a level of interest/complication to some of the driving experience. My style is certainly conservative when it comes to driving, I don't like breaking my stuff.

my "rig" is a '99 Toyota Tacoma Extra Cab, Smittybilt RTT, 8' ARB awning curb side, 6' Smittybilt awing street side. adding some "nice to haves" to rig.

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey Everyone!

Finally moved back to Sun Valley, ID and got myself a new rig to adventure with!

2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Current mods I've installed so far:
N2 Designs Remote Start
SpeedForm Throttle Controller
3TPAM Accessory Mount
CBI Overland Bars

Near Future Mods:
Roof top tent
Front bumper w/winch
Rock sliders

I'm a novice to the whole overlanding thing. I've never modified any of my vehicles, until very recently. Gone out several trails in my area and plan on exploring more and more! Especially when I get my tent!

Excited to join the community and hope to make some new friends!
Welcome,
I am the Northwest Director, @David H is your closest Member Representative.
There are a lot of activities happening down south of you, feel free to reach out to myself or @David H to get in touch with other members close to you, or to answer any questions you might have about Overland Bound.
Be sure to Check into the Southern Idaho Conference Call on the Second Sunday of
Each Month

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey there! Fun fact my family is moving to Sandpoint Idaho in the next few months! Not sure how close sun valley is but would love to hear about what trails there are in the state! Welcome to OB
Well welcome to the Northwest. @Sandpoint Steve is the Member Rep for that area. He will get you in touch with others in the Spokane to Sandpoint region. Be sure to check out the Inland Northwest Conference call on the third Sunday of each month. More details about the call can be found by fallowing the link above.

ryan_a

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hi! I'm Ryan, been a member since 2018 but haven't really participated. I have a 2018 TRD Off-Road w/KDSS 4Runner. It's stock except for BFG TA KO2's. I have had 4x4 SUV/Trucks for over 20 years and enjoy camping, backpacking, mountain biking and rock climbing. I mostly camp and ride bikes these days. My wife and I head out for 2-3 day trips frequently with our two dogs. We're in Rancho Cordova so we split our adventures between the ocean and the mountains with a preference for mountains and high desert. We're located in Rancho Cordova, CA and would love to meet up with others. I have been wanting to do more mods to the 'Runner but I'm hesitant now. It's so capable in its stock form and I'm thinking just 2-3' lift and 33's and I'll be dialed.

Happy Trails!

-Ryan

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Mikeymike4

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Davis, CA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stevens
Member #

Hey everyone! Recently found out about this site from Chris, the OB medical ambassador. He was kind enough to help me out of quite a muddy pickle.

I'm rolling in a stock '94 Land Cruiser with front/rear lockers. Been spoiled so far by its ability to pull through nearly anything. So now starting to add real recovery gear to it.

Really looking forward to connecting with people for fun expeditions. The gf and I mostly do solo trips since no friends or family have a 4x4. We love the solitude of the wilderness, but at least a few friends would be nice, haha.

Attachments

the_lazy_overlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Merredin, Western Australia, Australia
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Redmile
Member #

Not sure if I'm doing this right lol. G'day I'm Paul, new member from Northern Territorty Australia.
My rig is a 2012 Toyota Landcruiser 76 Series, VERY new to 4wding about as green as it gets, look forward to chatting to you all.
(If I have put this in the wrong place can someone let me know please, never used this forum thingy before).
P3080002 (2).JPG

Rocco 4x4

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Urshult, Kronoberg, Sweden
First Name
Max
Last Name
Karlsson
Member #

Rig: 1999 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, snorkel, hood deflector, window deflectors, stickers for now. 2" Lift and winch (12500lbs) just arrived, front and rear bar is on the way.
Novice with overlanding, tried it a bit last year for with a week long trip and soon about to do it again with the mother of my son (24) and him self (2) (Sweden Offroad Tour)

Attachments

dzahler

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

North Brunswick, NJ
First Name
David
Last Name
Zahler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
w2dz
Hello Overlanders!

Karen & Daveid here. Bought a 2020 4Runner TRD over the winter and stumbled upon overlanding. The idea has appealed to me as I have been a longtime sailor, cruising Long Island Sound. We are both rank novices so we have a lot to learn. Currently located in beautiful North Brunswick (central) NJ.

Looking forward to new adventures!

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello John (@The General ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
Hey All, Matt here, new member #25276- in Philadelphia. I'm currently running a lifted 2019 Subaru Crosstrek. I have been wheeling in some form for the last 30 years. I have always run Toyota P/Us(81, 84, 91) and then a 04 Nisssan, but gas prices and how HUGE pickup trucks have gotten pushed me towards a Subaru. I love it too. I do miss my trucks. I run a RTT in the summer too, a Tepui Ayer 2.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overlanders!

Karen & Daveid here. Bought a 2020 4Runner TRD over the winter and stumbled upon overlanding. The idea has appealed to me as I have been a longtime sailor, cruising Long Island Sound. We are both rank novices so we have a lot to learn. Currently located in beautiful North Brunswick (central) NJ.

Welcome to Overland Bound Karen & David
Sailing is very similar to overlanding, especially when it comes to gear storage and cooking.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey All, Matt here, new member #25276- in Philadelphia. I'm currently running a lifted 2019 Subaru Crosstrek. I have been wheeling in some form for the last 30 years. I have always run Toyota P/Us(81, 84, 91) and then a 04 Nisssan, but gas prices and how HUGE pickup trucks have gotten pushed me towards a Subaru. I love it too. I do miss my trucks. I run a RTT in the summer too, a Tepui Ayer 2.
Welcome to Overland Bound Matt.
Its funny how our rig preference changes over the years, from hold my beer to man this is comfortable. ;-)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 1999 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, snorkel, hood deflector, window deflectors, stickers for now. 2" Lift and winch (12500lbs) just arrived, front and rear bar is on the way.
Novice with overlanding, tried it a bit last year for with a week long trip and soon about to do it again with the mother of my son (24) and him self (2) (Sweden Offroad Tour)
Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @WalkaboutKiwi
Your Regional Director is @Robert OB 33/48 for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Not sure if I'm doing this right lol. G'day I'm Paul, new member from Northern Territorty Australia.
My rig is a 2012 Toyota Landcruiser 76 Series, VERY new to 4wding about as green as it gets, look forward to chatting to you all.
(If I have put this in the wrong place can someone let me know please, never used this forum thingy before).
View attachment 160544
Welcome to Overland Bound Paul.

Your Regional Director is @Luis Merlo for help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Recently found out about this site from Chris, the OB medical ambassador. He was kind enough to help me out of quite a muddy pickle.

I'm rolling in a stock '94 Land Cruiser with front/rear lockers. Been spoiled so far by its ability to pull through nearly anything. So now starting to add real recovery gear to it.

Really looking forward to connecting with people for fun expeditions. The gf and I mostly do solo trips since no friends or family have a 4x4. We love the solitude of the wilderness, but at least a few friends would be nice, haha.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
There are some meet-ups in your area you might be interested in;
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi! I'm Ryan, been a member since 2018 but haven't really participated. I have a 2018 TRD Off-Road w/KDSS 4Runner. It's stock except for BFG TA KO2's. I have had 4x4 SUV/Trucks for over 20 years and enjoy camping, backpacking, mountain biking and rock climbing. I mostly camp and ride bikes these days. My wife and I head out for 2-3 day trips frequently with our two dogs. We're in Rancho Cordova so we split our adventures between the ocean and the mountains with a preference for mountains and high desert. We're located in Rancho Cordova, CA and would love to meet up with others. I have been wanting to do more mods to the 'Runner but I'm hesitant now. It's so capable in its stock form and I'm thinking just 2-3' lift and 33's and I'll be dialed.

Happy Trails!

-Ryan
Welcome to Overland Bound Ryan
Even though you have been a member for a long time, here is some info that might help you out.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
There are some meet-ups in your area you might be interested in;
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Finally took the plunge and sprang for the OB membership. We moved to Colorado 2 years ago and the mountains just call out for exploring.
Ive been building/revising my truck for a while now, even before moving north from Texas. mountains certainly add a level of interest/complication to some of the driving experience. My style is certainly conservative when it comes to driving, I don't like breaking my stuff.

my "rig" is a '99 Toyota Tacoma Extra Cab, Smittybilt RTT, 8' ARB awning curb side, 6' Smittybilt awing street side. adding some "nice to haves" to rig.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
The closest Member Representative is @Neal A. Tew & @the_runn4r

Reactions: Magic Mike

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Hello Overlanders!

Welcome, I grew up in North Brunswick. Lived there for 20+ years. I'm still somewhat local in Marlboro now..