Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello David (@hiazak), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is normally an East Valley meet up in Gilbert so keep an eye out for it as things slowly return to some form of normalcy... whatever that may entail.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am a SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

adv_ranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kenmore, WA, USA
First Name
Nico
Last Name
Aguilar
Member #

Hey y'all my names JD Reardon from noel Missouri. I drive a 2019 Ford Ranger. Im a beginner and looking forward to fun adventures in the future! The only trip my wife and I have done so far has been a day trip to Mark Twain NF around the Glade Top Trail Area.
Welcome from NE Oklahoma
Thank ya!!
Welcom mate! I also drive a ford ranger good choice of rig! If you ever have questions about modification or what to do for your rig I can certainly help out!

Station18ranger

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Placentia, CA, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Brinegar
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
B0D5CCFC-FAD7-46D9-849A-6DE0E83B233F.jpeg
Orange County, California
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport (2wd)
Mod List: Full tint, spray in bed liner, stubby antenna, bug deflector, LED front lights high low fog, Raptor grill lights, pivot storage boxes
Overland Experience: Novice (1 campground trip, 0 wilderness camps)
Hoping to learn a lot, have some fun, and make some memories without going broke!

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hi everyone! I'm Ryan and I'm excited to be a new member.
My family and I live in Cincinnati, OH.
My current rig is a 2009 Land Rover LR3 but on 8/14/20 we take delivery of our new 2020 Defender.
I'm an experienced off-road driver and as a family, we have a fair amount of overlanding experience in the U.S.
Looking forward to some international trips when COVID slows down.
We are planning an event for Cincinnati very soon....stay tuned

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hi! I'm Ron from Delaware, Ohio.
New to overlanding and excited to start adventuring.
My rig is a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.
Delaware!....I got a bunch of friends in C-Bus that have a private shop in Delaware. You don't happen to know Jarrod Wettling do you?

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hey everyone,
I'm finally getting setup on here. Looking forward to my annual trip out West coming up in about a month!

Current Vehicle: '15 Tacoma
Experience: I've been wheeling, overlanding, backpacking and camping for about 5 years now.
Welcome! I'm in New Albany. Look for an event very soon in Louisville.

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hi, I'm Anthony. I'm an experienced camper but new to overlanding. My rig is a 2017 Outback. I've been slowly upgrading her for overlanding capabilities. Spent last week exploring northern Michigan trails and forest roads. Found some great camping locations that we will probably stay on some weekends this summer. Managed to hold my own against my friends wrangler.
I just got back from Sleeping Bear...we will be coming back up in October and will host an event....hope to see you soon!

Reactions: Carter and Kent R

adv_ranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kenmore, WA, USA
First Name
Nico
Last Name
Aguilar
Member #

View attachment 160404
Mod List: Full tint, spray in bed liner, stubby antenna, bug deflector, LED front lights high low fog, Raptor grill lights, pivot storage boxes
Hoping to learn a lot, have some fun, and make some memories without going broke!
Welcome fellow Ford Ranger! Happy to see more fords here on the forums! I have an FX4 XLT in silver also with raptor lights! If you want to connect on social media I am @adv_ranger
If you have any questions about ford stuff or mods you can do I'd be happy to answer any of your questions!

Happy Camping!

-Nico and his adventure rangerRose Valley Spring 2020 (4 of 35).jpg

Tazerh

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hailey, ID, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Traylor
Member #

Hey Everyone!

Finally moved back to Sun Valley, ID and got myself a new rig to adventure with!

2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Current mods I've installed so far:
N2 Designs Remote Start
SpeedForm Throttle Controller
3TPAM Accessory Mount
CBI Overland Bars

Near Future Mods:
Roof top tent
Front bumper w/winch
Rock sliders

I'm a novice to the whole overlanding thing. I've never modified any of my vehicles, until very recently. Gone out several trails in my area and plan on exploring more and more! Especially when I get my tent!

Excited to join the community and hope to make some new friends!

Attachments

adv_ranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kenmore, WA, USA
First Name
Nico
Last Name
Aguilar
Member #

Hey Everyone!

Finally moved back to Sun Valley, ID and got myself a new rig to adventure with!

N2 Designs Remote Start
3TPAM Accessory Mount
CBI Overland Bars

Near Future Mods:
Roof top tent
Front bumper w/winch
Rock sliders

I'm a novice to the whole overlanding thing. I've never modified any of my vehicles, until very recently. Gone out several trails in my area and plan on exploring more and more! Especially when I get my tent!

Hey there! Fun fact my family is moving to Sandpoint Idaho in the next few months! Not sure how close sun valley is but would love to hear about what trails there are in the state! Welcome to OB

Reactions: Kent R and Tazerh

jdreardon07

Rank 0

Contributor I

Noel,MO
First Name
JD
Last Name
Reardon
Hey y'all my names JD Reardon from noel Missouri. I drive a 2019 Ford Ranger. Im a beginner and looking forward to fun adventures in the future! The only trip my wife and I have done so far has been a day trip to Mark Twain NF around the Glade Top Trail Area.
Welcome from NE Oklahoma
Thank ya!!
Welcom mate! I also drive a ford ranger good choice of rig! If you ever have questions about modification or what to do for your rig I can certainly help out!
I'll keep that in mind for sure! You running sliders? If so are they custom or get them from a supplier in the area?

Mocklatebar

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Long Beach
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Schwenzfeier
Member #

Hey All,
Calling home Long Beach CA with my stock 2019 4Runner Off Road purchased about 30 days ago. Been riding side by sides and dirt bikes for years but in a full sized vehicle, novice is the word.
If you can call them that, mods this year are full roof rack and a hard shell tent to get the ball rolling.
Next year or two would be a winch and suspension system. When that time comes I'll likely check back here to see what the community has done.

I have been doing alot of noodling around on the interweb over the last year and found OB.
"Adventure is Necessary!" are the words and Michael and Corrie are the people that drew me to being a member.
Looking forward to the future.

-Dan

Tazerh

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hailey, ID, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Traylor
Member #

Hey Everyone!

N2 Designs Remote Start
3TPAM Accessory Mount
CBI Overland Bars

Near Future Mods:
Roof top tent
Front bumper w/winch
Rock sliders

Hey there! Fun fact my family is moving to Sandpoint Idaho in the next few months! Not sure how close sun valley is but would love to hear about what trails there are in the state! Welcome to OB
Sandpoint is a good 10hrs North of me but my brother and his wife are heading up to Sandpoint to visit this coming weekend! I've heard it's really nice and scenic up there

Watson

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Damariscotta, ME, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Norwood
Member #

Hello all!

Rig: 3rd gen Tacoma, mostly stock slowly working on the upgrades
Experience: Proficient. I have traveled and explored by vehicle extensively to simply satisfy my wanderlust, but to also set up basecamps for further backcountry exploration via canoe, kayak, backpack or sailing vessel.

jdreardon07

Rank 0

Contributor I

Noel,MO
First Name
JD
Last Name
Reardon
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
View attachment 160404
Welcome from another Ranger owner! 2019 xlt 4x4

Attachments

oshndoc

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Oxford, MS
First Name
Arne
Last Name
Diercks
Member #

Hi everyone.
Finally became a full member today.
Have been building our overlanding trailer for the last 8 months. Getting close to be finished and are planning on heading out in about three weeks. Two trucks (2015 Jeep JKU, and 2011 Yoda 4Runner SR5, plus a modified M416 trailer with a CVT Mt Denali Summit).
5 people on the trip out into the NW of the US. Wyoming, Montana, Uta, Colorado are on the list.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R