First Name
Sean
Last Name
Forsgren
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hello everyone!

Looking forward to getting to know the community, I’ve been a fan of the videos for a while, and interested in overlanding for a very long time!

• Location - Salt Lake City, UT
  • Vehicle 1 - 1994 Toyota Hiace Super Custom
  • Vehicle 2 - 2017 Ram 1500 Rebel
  • Overlanding experience - novice; excited to start getting out there
My first dedicated adventure rig begs for a lightweight, minimalist setup, so I’ve been taking tons of notes from videos and forums. So far, I’ve done a full mechanical review of the van. My first upgrades have been a set of K02’s, new shock absorbers, torsion bars, and coil springs (rear) from Dobsons. It’s a challenge to find some parts, but I’m enjoying the full time 4x4 and KZ diesel. Photo attached, this is before suspension work was done.

Given all the free time, I’m keeping my eyes open for an ‘01 100 Series to start building out for solo adventuring.

Attachments

Oddral

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Utah, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Forsgren
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hello! I’m new to OB. My name is Jason Honeycutt.
-Clermont, GA
-1971 International Travelall 1210
-I have an off-roading background but I want to get into more of an exploring focus.

I’m looking forward to getting out there and seeing new things.
Beautiful ride! I've been obsessed with Internationals lately.

Reactions: Kent R and jhnyct

FranklinFamOutdoors

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Powhatan, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Franklin
Member #

Hi, My name is Matt! I have loved camping my whole life, but backpacking with kids is hard, and my wife does not enjoy backcountry camping out of a pack. I have been missing the outdoors, and realized that there is more than one way to get my family into the outdoors, and it doesn't involve tiny backpacks and tired legs, or crowded campgrounds full of giant motorhomes! I just bought my very first 4x4 vehicle and am beyond excited to join this community and learn from everyone here.

- We live in Powhatan Virginia, just southwest of Richmond.
- I have a brand new to me 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail, and I can't wait to mod the hell out of it.
- I have literally been camping my whole life, but never in this way, so I am a very eager noob.

Attachments

JWinSB

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Santa Barbara CA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wirtz
Member #

Hi all, my name is John been a fan of of the You Tube channel for some time.
I live in Santa Barbara CA.
I drive / wrench on 1996 FZJ80, the wife drives a very comfortable 100 series.
We mostly car camp with the family and a little off roading

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, my name is John been a fan of of the You Tube channel for some time.
I live in Santa Barbara CA.
I drive / wrench on 1996 FZJ80, the wife drives a very comfortable 100 series.
We mostly car camp with the family and a little off roading
Welcome to Overland Bound John.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, My name is Matt! I have loved camping my whole life, but backpacking with kids is hard, and my wife does not enjoy backcountry camping out of a pack. I have been missing the outdoors, and realized that there is more than one way to get my family into the outdoors, and it doesn't involve tiny backpacks and tired legs, or crowded campgrounds full of giant motorhomes! I just bought my very first 4x4 vehicle and am beyond excited to join this community and learn from everyone here.

- We live in Powhatan Virginia, just southwest of Richmond.
- I have a brand new to me 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail, and I can't wait to mod the hell out of it.
- I have literally been camping my whole life, but never in this way, so I am a very eager noob.
Welcome to Overland Bound Matt.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representatives to you are @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! I’m new to OB. My name is Jason Honeycutt.
-Clermont, GA
-1971 International Travelall 1210
-I have an off-roading background but I want to get into more of an exploring focus.

I’m looking forward to getting out there and seeing new things.
Welcome To Overland Bound Jason
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!

Looking forward to getting to know the community, I’ve been a fan of the videos for a while, and interested in overlanding for a very long time!

• Location - Salt Lake City, UT
  • Vehicle 1 - 1994 Toyota Hiace Super Custom
  • Vehicle 2 - 2017 Ram 1500 Rebel
  • Overlanding experience - novice; excited to start getting out there
My first dedicated adventure rig begs for a lightweight, minimalist setup, so I’ve been taking tons of notes from videos and forums. So far, I’ve done a full mechanical review of the van. My first upgrades have been a set of K02’s, new shock absorbers, torsion bars, and coil springs (rear) from Dobsons. It’s a challenge to find some parts, but I’m enjoying the full time 4x4 and KZ diesel. Photo attached, this is before suspension work was done.

Given all the free time, I’m keeping my eyes open for an ‘01 100 Series to start building out for solo adventuring.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
The closest Member Representatives to you are @A-Aron & @Knitron

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
First post,
Eastern Kentucky
2008 JKU Rubicon 187,000 miles
Lifelong off-roader
Made several trips across the Daniel Boone BackCountry Byway

View attachment 160326View attachment 160327
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y'all my names JD Reardon from noel Missouri. I drive a 2019 Ford Ranger. Im a beginner and looking forward to fun adventures in the future! The only trip my wife and I have done so far has been a day trip to Mark Twain NF around the Glade Top Trail Area.
Welcome to Overland Bound JD
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

Reactions: jdreardon07

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Hot Phoenix Arizona!!

I have a 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon and I am brand new to overlanding. Looking forward to meeting others and learning more about overlanding. Attached are some photos. Cheers!!!

View attachment 160314View attachment 160315View attachment 160316View attachment 160317
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. There is a meet-up in Phoenix that can be found on the Meet-up page.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @brien. The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! I'm Cassie.

1. Northwest Arkansas
2. I drive a Subaru Ascent and our trail rig is a '07 GX470.
3. We have done a couple of trips, have camped a little, and are just now getting more serious about completing more and longer adventures. Overall, I would consider us beginners.
Welcome To Overland Bound Cassie.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you in Ozark Arkansas for local information is @BlueLineOverland

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hey y'all my names JD Reardon from noel Missouri. I drive a 2019 Ford Ranger. Im a beginner and looking forward to fun adventures in the future! The only trip my wife and I have done so far has been a day trip to Mark Twain NF around the Glade Top Trail Area.
Welcome from NE Oklahoma

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Bart (@GT3510), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the a Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Gabriel (@Grnevarez ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

I am a SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Joel (@Endless), welcome from Oklahoma. Do you and Gabriel know each other? Interesting that you'll are both from El Paso and posted within 5 minutes of each other. If not, well now you know someone in the area with common interests.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello David (@hiazak), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is normally an East Valley meet up in Gilbert so keep an eye out for it as things slowly return to some form of normalcy... whatever that may entail.