Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
New to the forum. Came across the channel on Youtube and liked the video content, joined here, facebook and insta.
Vehicle of choice here is a 05 highlander. (i apologize but this wont completely been a true overland vehicle) I really liked the content and environment soo yea, I joined.
2005 Toyota Highlander - will be working on adding some comforts for being out in the boonies. Going to make it comfortable for 2 (wife and I) for now...Thanks for the content and will hope to post more soon.
Hey Justin,
Welcome to the crew! We don’t care what kind of rig you have, we are just glad your using it to explore and create cool memories. Check out the the Rally Point section for your area. I am sure you will find some meet ups that will get you connected with other members in Texas.

Reactions: KILO19 and Kent R

High Outdoors

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

North Vancouver, BC, Canada
First Name
Taylor
Last Name
Dungate
Member #

Hello all! I'm very new to the concept of overlanding but really like the idea of it, and am working to start getting my rig worthy.

Rig: 1996 Ford Bronco, currently getting a powerplant change to a 4bt cummins diesel engine (it's almost done, build thread on another site).
Overlanding Experience: Is there something newer than Novice? Haha

View attachment 154138
Can't wait to see the 4BT Bronco!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Long time YouTube Channel Subsciber/lurker here in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. I Decided to finally take the plunge and officially join your awesome ranks!

Traveling by vehicle has always been a part of my life, right from the beginning. Its evolved from the childhood camping tourist trips of my childhood, to motorcycle travels around the world, and even rally racing. For me, its always been about the journey over the destination.

Now in my mid 30s, I'm slowing down and enjoying the sights of the road as much as spraying gravel and catching air in my old Subaru. My fiance (an avid Jeep fan) doesn't love my motorcycle endeavors much, and thoroughly disapproves of dragging knees on a motorcycle trip. But we share a love of adventure, camping, and exploring. We would rather spend a night in the woods than in a hotel.

My previous lifted Subaru STi rally car would always eventually run out of ground clearance exploring off the beaten path, and force us to turn around. Our new Jeep Gladiator Rubicon seems up to any challenge we can throw at it (albeit, slowly), so we never have to wonder what is at the end of the road. We see a lot of adventurous trips and journeys in our future as we're building up and outfitting our JT for overlanding. As a professional mechanic and avid tuner, I think the building and planning is half the fun. I even taught my better half that "life is too short to stay stock"!

Phase 1 was Method Race wheels wrapped in 37s, a Warn bumper and winch, 1.5" spacer lift, rock rails, and a catback exhaust (because I'm a child). We are eagerly awaiting phase 2, which will be an RLD canopy for the bed, and a Roofnest Condor XL to top it with! We can't wait to hit the trails and make the most of 3 weeks off in September. View attachment 158440View attachment 158442View attachment 158443
Welcome Brad,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello all! I'm very new to the concept of overlanding but really like the idea of it, and am working to start getting my rig worthy.

Rig: 1996 Ford Bronco, currently getting a powerplant change to a 4bt cummins diesel engine (it's almost done, build thread on another site).
Overlanding Experience: Is there something newer than Novice? Haha

View attachment 154138
Are you over on FSB?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Located in a Portland Oregon
2016 JKU Rubicon and T@G teardrop
Been exploring the Northwest for many years, hope to continue for many more.
looking forward to meeting some of you on the backroads.View attachment 158711
Welcome Clint ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Greg Eigsti is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi Everyone,

Happy to be a new member and looking forward to everything the Overland Bound community has to offer.

1990 Toyota 80 Series - HDJ81
Experience: Moderate
Welcome Taylor ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Located in a Portland Oregon
2016 JKU Rubicon and T@G teardrop
Been exploring the Northwest for many years, hope to continue for many more.
looking forward to meeting some of you on the backroads.View attachment 158711
Hey Clint. Welcome to the crew. Hope to bump into to you some time on the trail.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Hi Everyone,

Happy to be a new member and looking forward to everything the Overland Bound community has to offer.

1990 Toyota 80 Series - HDJ81
Experience: Moderate
Hey welcome. I think there is at least 1 other 80 series in the club. Think the guy is named @Michael

• Haha
Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

joyrunner

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Austin Texas
First Name
Lisa
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Howdy folks!
We live in Austin Texas
2019 4x4Toyota Forerunner TRDPro
NO experience overlanding YET(gulp), but committed to the adventure and process of learning, and connecting with momma Nature as much as possible with the new rig. (Tired of too noisy campgrounds and the sound of a highway inside our tent!) We have so many questions...quite excited. Planning a trip to Montana end of July.

Trekking

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Pleasanton, CA, USA
First Name
calvin
Last Name
masuda
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AK6AU
Hi to all! As a new member to the Overland Bound family, I am excited to meet others who like to explore and experience the hidden treasures of our country by using our vehicle.

Rig: 2003 Jeep Rubicon TJ
Overlanding Experience Background: Car camping with Offroad activity mixed in.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Hi to all! As a new member to the Overland Bound family, I am excited to meet others who like to explore and experience the hidden treasures of our country by using our vehicle.

Rig: 2003 Jeep Rubicon TJ
Overlanding Experience Background: Car camping with Offroad activity mixed in.
Hi Calvin. Welcome to Overland Bound.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Howdy folks!
We live in Austin Texas
2019 4x4Toyota Forerunner TRDPro
NO experience overlanding YET(gulp), but committed to the adventure and process of learning, and connecting with momma Nature as much as possible with the new rig. (Tired of too noisy campgrounds and the sound of a highway inside our tent!) We have so many questions...quite excited. Planning a trip to Montana end of July.
Hey Lisa,
Welcome to the crew. Don't worry about your lack of "Overlanding" experience. It's just like commuting to work. Just with more gagets and gear.

Z71_702

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Borghetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRHU546
New Member and happy to be part of the Overland Bound Experience.

RIG: 2019 Colorado Z71
EXPERIENCE: Intermediate - over 1000 nights of back country backpacking in all weather. Over 2500 miles of hiking in all types of terrain. Driving experience in high desert, desert off roading and back east snow on logging roads...

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
So I “introduced “ a week ago when I signed up fully, but something today just makes it feel.... REAL!
The badge on the TJ looks to be in good company. (OIIIIIIIO)

Reactions: Stomper_TJ