First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone!

My name is John K., and I just joined up! My family and I were able to snag a new jeep gladiator about a month ago, and the overland build has started to (slowly) take shape. We're in Pasadena, Ca., and are really looking forward to overlanding up the 395 corridor as well as Nevada, Utah, Arizona....and well, really anywhere we can get away to!
I'm a welder/fabricator by trade, so I plan on building most of my own parts and pieces for the gladiator. I'll be sure to post on these projects as they start up!

I want to thank this community for, in the first place, existing. And secondly for helping to make this type of adventuring more accessible.

Best,
John K.
Hello John, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: jkuchta3 and Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
View attachment 157458View attachment 157459
My current rig is a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD PRO. Located here in South Georgia. I'm a complete novice to overlanding but have always enjoyed the outdoors and the idea of being able to enjoy it from my own vehicle. Just recently started to do mods and am open to any and all tips. Thank you for welcoming me into your family!
Hello Melissa, welcome to the OB community.

lifenajeep

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

French Settlement Louisiana
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Losh
Member #

Hello Friends, I guess it's my turn.
Phillip from French Settlement Louisiana
For the most part, we have our adventures in a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon but also have a 2002 Ford Excursion that we pile in.
As far as experience, well, I have been wheeling for almost 30 years. Helped start our local 4x4 club 26 years ago, trail guided for Jeep Jamboree, Owner of Searchers 4wd supply and outfitters for 16 years, built thousands of vehicles, and have been involved in just about every type of wheeling from local trail rides, rock races, and overland races and now really love gearing up and traveling with my family of 7 to remote places. Looking forward to new adventures.

Attachments

lifenajeep

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

French Settlement Louisiana
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Losh
Member #

Here goes...
My name is Tony, and I am very new to “Overlanding” but not new to the outdoors at all. I am a Colorado Native and have been 4wheeling and camping since I was 14 with my parents, so maybe I just did not know I was overlanding. I Have a 04 F350 Super Duty with rooftop tent, and trailer a 05 Jeep TJ sometimes, or just take the Jeep on adventures others... just depends! I hope to share my adventures and experiences I have had and will have with others!
wow, incredible picture

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
For the most part, we have our adventures in a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon but also have a 2002 Ford Excursion that we pile in.
As far as experience, well, I have been wheeling for almost 30 years. Helped start our local 4x4 club 26 years ago, trail guided for Jeep Jamboree, Owner of Searchers 4wd supply and outfitters for 16 years, built thousands of vehicles, and have been involved in just about every type of wheeling from local trail rides, rock races, and overland races and now really love gearing up and traveling with my family of 7 to remote places. Looking forward to new adventures.
Hello Phillip, welcome to the OB community. Liked the pics.

Chiefbigb

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Butner, NC
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Grimes
Member #

Hey yall, my name is Brian. I just moved to Raleigh/Durham, NC from East Tennessee for work. I am an aircraft mechanic. I drive a 1969 Jeepster Commando and have slowly been updating the drivetrain and drivability. I love the outdoors and have already camped, and panned for gold in Uwharrie National Forest. Most of my adventures have been in the smokies from Elizabethton, TN to Maryville,TN. I love the coast and am planning to go out there here in the next couple weeks. Anyways, thank you for having me and look forward to getting to know you. B6B3B4BED-EC8D-4B68-BE92-B3460D427483.jpegA77DE252-D123-4078-B513-3A712D743356.jpeg

Last edited:

ZXAndy

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Wolverhampton
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Hi folks.
I'm Andy,
I live in the west Midlands UK.
I have a 1997 Land Rover Discovery 1 300tdi auto. I've spent the last 2years rebuilding and repairing her from a rusty shell.
I've built all of the modifications myself, including building my own roof top tent.
She's now almost ready to start clocking some proper miles and I'm looking forward to the next adventure.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2013 Nissan Xterra Pro 4X
Experience: Just getting started, I’ve done a few trails.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi folks.
I'm Andy,
I live in the west Midlands UK.
I have a 1997 Land Rover Discovery 1 300tdi auto. I've spent the last 2years rebuilding and repairing her from a rusty shell.
I've built all of the modifications myself, including building my own roof top tent.
She's now almost ready to start clocking some proper miles and I'm looking forward to the next adventure.
Welcome to Overland Bound Andy
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.

Reactions: ZXAndy

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jeff (@Puravidajurnys ), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey yall, my name is Brian. I just moved to the Raleigh/Durham, NC from East Tennessee for work. I am an aircraft mechanic. I drive a 1969 Jeepster Commando and have slowly been updating the drivetrain and drivability. I love the outdoors and have already camped, and panned for gold in Uwharrie National Forest. Most of my adventures have been im the smokies from Greeneville, TN to Maryville,TN. I love the coast and am planning to go out there here in the next couple weeks. Anyways, thank you for having me and look forward to getting to know you. BView attachment 157585View attachment 157586
Welcome To Overland Bound Brian
Love the Jeepster! We have a member here in Placerville CA who has one and it will literly go anywhere. He has been rebuilding/modifying it for as long as I have known him. If your interested in talking anything Jeepsters contact @TWW Overland Tom White is is a wealth of info.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Brad (@Brackenridgess ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. The North Central Texas meet and greet was held once again this past Saturday, look for more info later this month as the meet and greet is scheduled the 1st Saturday of each month.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound Phillip
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @BlueLineOverland & @rrjones2u

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here! Looking forward to traveling with my Jeep JL
Details: Old Guy fer sure
Vehicle: 2019 Wrangler JL
Overlanding Experience: Novice with wheeling a Jeep outdoors. But plenty of experience as a camper!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, José here from SoCal. Looking forward to being part of this community. We camp up and down the west in our Sequoia, RTT, and 3 kids.
Welcome to Overland Bound Jose.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

Reactions: elias_overlanding